OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'' It's already been revealed that the original GN'R (Afd-Era), won't reunite onstage to perform at the ceremony. ''

B)

cupcake :shocked:

HBK, if your talking about that tweet from that "Paul" guy. It was later revealed how that tweet was not sent from himself, but an employee who is just as clueless as the rest of us in regards to what's happening.

And I really wouldn't post a comment like that, without a valid source. It just makes people think you are full of it, and would make people generally not believe you in the future. :rolleyes:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Even if the poster is lying, let's be real here...it's looking more and more likely that the original band may not even all go up onstage together to accept the award considering the fact the induction is in a few weeks and they haven't even decided on who will be inducting them. I can't possibly imagine at this point that there's any chance of them playing together. If they were, the HOF committee would be promoting the fuck out of it.

How have they not even chosen anybody to induct them yet? This is just setting up to be a total disaster. Everything about this is so much just what you'd expect from a typical Guns N' Roses event they're involved in. It just seems like nobody gives a shit and nobody is making any decisions on who should be doing what. Why even show up then? I thought it was BS at first but I really do think everybody is just gonna show up with absolutely zero planning or communication ahead of time and they'll just wing it. I'm not even holding my breath that they'll all go up onstage at the same time with each other. I don't think Axl will have a speech, either. If he talk it'll be like 10 words and that's it.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is just lining up to be a disappointment for all of us, IMO, and is only gonna lead to more people criticizing/hating Axl and the new lineup when it's all said and done.

You've nailed it. It's looking like a mess more everyday. From all the interviews with Slash, Matt etc.. it's all "we don't know what's gonna happen"! It's so disconcerting and weird. Nobody is making any effort call eachother to do anything. It's like they're so ungrateful for all the success they've achieved.

Edited by Janis

How have they not even chosen anybody to induct them yet? This is just setting up to be a total disaster. Everything about this is so much just what you'd expect from a typical Guns N' Roses event they're involved in. It just seems like nobody gives a shit and nobody is making any decisions on who should be doing what. Why even show up then? I thought it was BS at first but I really do think everybody is just gonna show up with absolutely zero planning or communication ahead of time and they'll just wing it. I'm not even holding my breath that they'll all go up onstage at the same time with each other. I don't think Axl will have a speech, either. If he talk it'll be like 10 words and that's it.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is just lining up to be a disappointment for all of us, IMO, and is only gonna lead to more people criticizing/hating Axl and the new lineup when it's all said and done.

You've nailed it. It's looking like a mess more everyday. From all the interviews with Slash, Matt etc.. it's all "we don't know what's gonna happen"! It's so disconcerting and weird. Nobody is making any effort call eachother to do anything. It's like they're so ungrateful for all the success they've achieved.

Duff's comments were the most telling when he said he used to be that guy who would try and make sure everyone was on the same page, but he's not anymore because he doesn't care to put up with all the bullshit. He was the only guy who there was any chance of making an effort to sync up with everybody. Matt and Steven aren't, Slash isn't, Axl sure as fuck isn't and Dizzy isn't based on the fact that he's still IN Guns and doesn't even know what Axl's gonna do or what's gonna happen. Nobody is making any effort here. They don't even have to talk to each other directly, these guys have a million agents and managers that could do all that shit for them if they wanted to, which is the key here. They clearly don't want to. It seems like everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move and nobody is, so nothing will wind up happening in the end.

It's just so disappointing to be a GNR fan when shit like this happens. Axl is already a laughing stock to all the common rock fans who say Slash is GNR, it's just Axl's band now, etc. and the fact that they can't even get on the same page and put their shit aside for one night FOR THE FANS that made them more than anyone else is embarrassing.

Duff's comments were the most telling when he said he used to be that guy who would try and make sure everyone was on the same page, but he's not anymore because he doesn't care to put up with all the bullshit. He was the only guy who there was any chance of making an effort to sync up with everybody. Matt and Steven aren't, Slash isn't, Axl sure as fuck isn't and Dizzy isn't based on the fact that he's still IN Guns and doesn't even know what Axl's gonna do or what's gonna happen. Nobody is making any effort here. They don't even have to talk to each other directly, these guys have a million agents and managers that could do all that shit for them if they wanted to, which is the key here. They clearly don't want to. It seems like everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move and nobody is, so nothing will wind up happening in the end.

It's just so disappointing to be a GNR fan when shit like this happens. Axl is already a laughing stock to all the common rock fans who say Slash is GNR, it's just Axl's band now, etc. and the fact that they can't even get on the same page and put their shit aside for one night FOR THE FANS that made them more than anyone else is embarrassing.

I agree. That's why I keep saying "I'll be happy if Axl is there," because it will make him look better in the media than not. I would think Axl would be there giving he own's the name, but who know's? It seems like nobody know's what's going to happen at the RRHOF, either they are keeping things under wraps, or they literally have no clue. I would love to see Axl and Slash put their differences together for one night to celebrate the legendary music they made during the late 80's to the early 90's. Even if they don't perform together, seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage would be a fantastic feat in itself. They don't even have to talk to eachother, just be there for the fans.

I had a dream a few nights ago that GN'R didn't perform and the people who were there at the Induction ceremony was Slash, Duff, Matt, and Steven. On that subject, have we heard from Izzy yet on the RRHOF?

Edited by GNR123GNR456

So everyone has someone to induct them...but GnR. :lol:

God damn the black cloud that hangs over these guys. :shrugs:

Personally,I think Alice Cooper would be a great choice,even it's supposed to be someone who was inspired by them.

Alice just got these guys from the get go...totally got it.

They recorded Under My Wheels together,Alice performed on The Garden.

Slash says in The Decline of Western Civilization:The Metal Years.."when all else fails,I can always throw this on "..and he holds up a copy of Welcome To My Nightmare.

I don't think any member of GnR would have a problem with it being Alice.In fact,I think they would be humbled and honoured.

Yeh it's frustrating. I didn't think it could get worse but Ashba has apparently done a livestream chat today and he says there has been ZERO talk about the induction. He's lying coz he refers to Axl as his best friend! So he's never asked his best friend and bandmate Axl about what's gonna happen? I wish Duff wud just try to get them together one more time!

I was reading over Axl's L.A times interview from last November and he mentioned he doesn't want to be the "bad guy" and spoil it for everyone by giving a kind of protest speech in the style of Michael Moore. I don't know but I read it again and this it came across as if he won't attend the ceremony coz he can't say anyting nice and he doesn't want to spoil it for others like fans. Did you sense the same thing?

Edited by Janis

As a GNR fan, I have learned the hard way not to expect anything from Axl.

I think that OG GNR performing would be a dream come true for many fans across the globe, but as I've said before, Axl rose will not be at the RNRHOF.

This is of course just my personal prediction. But it goes against everything Axl has said and done in the past to be in the same party as you know who.

I still wish that it would happen if only for a one off.

i hope it's charlie sheen

THAT would make my year!

I'm also hoping for maybe Liam Gallagher (who did state that he was influenced by GnR/Axl)? Mostly because I've always been curious how an Axl/Liam interaction would go down...

yeah, liam gallagher would be really cool

lol@those who are being pessimistic... the hof has plenty of time to confirm a presenter for gnr

just found this: http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2012/03/20/rock-hall-announces-presenters-for-cleveland-induction-bash

You probably noticed the night's biggest buzzed band — Guns 'N Roses, who may or may not be reuniting at the Public Hall event — is absent from the list.

We have no idea what's up with that, other than the Rock Hall's statement that "more details about performances, additional presenters and special guests will be announced at a later date."

Maybe they couldn't find anyone who wants to be onstage with Axl.

Holy crap this place could use a truckload of Prozac, why so many doom and gloomers putting a negative spin on every tiny bit of news? Classic GNR was a group of guys that NEVER planned anything out ahead of time, so why do you think they would plan ahead for the induction? Seems like many of you are trying to make them out to be something they are not. I for one am GLAD that the inductees don't know what will happen, the last thing I would want is for them to do something scripted. For those that weren't around back in the day, it was GNR's spontaneity and unpredictableness that made them one of the most exciting rock bands of all time.

Two things we need to remember: They don't need more than a couple days to come together and agree on what they will try to do, and they are not obligated to reveal their intentions to us ahead of time. Personally I'd rather be surprised, the coolest performances I've witnessed were unexpected.

Billboard said the presenter for GNR is being finalized and will be announced soon, so let's calm the fuck down and wait for the announcement. Obviously the guys have been working with each other to line one up, for all we know they are waiting for confirmation from the potential presenter that they are willing and able to do it.

As for Ashba and the current band, why the fuck would Axl talk to anybody other than Dizzy about the induction? It has nothing to do with them, and it ain't cool to talk about plans for an event you're invited to with people who aren't invited.

Holy crap this place could use a truckload of Prozac, why so many doom and gloomers putting a negative spin on every tiny bit of news? Classic GNR was a group of guys that NEVER planned anything out ahead of time, so why do you think they would plan ahead for the induction? Seems like many of you are trying to make them out to be something they are not. I for one am GLAD that the inductees don't know what will happen, the last thing I would want is for them to do something scripted. For those that weren't around back in the day, it was GNR's spontaneity and unpredictableness that made them one of the most exciting rock bands of all time.

Two things we need to remember: They don't need more than a couple days to come together and agree on what they will try to do, and they are not obligated to reveal their intentions to us ahead of time. Personally I'd rather be surprised, the coolest performances I've witnessed were unexpected.

Billboard said the presenter for GNR is being finalized and will be announced soon, so let's calm the fuck down and wait for the announcement. Obviously the guys have been working with each other to line one up, for all we know they are waiting for confirmation from the potential presenter that they are willing and able to do it.

As for Ashba and the current band, why the fuck would Axl talk to anybody other than Dizzy about the induction? It has nothing to do with them, and it ain't cool to talk about plans for an event you're invited to with people who aren't invited.

well said!

axl, slash, duff and steven said positive things about the hof ceremony, none of them said he wouldn't attend

You've nailed it. It's looking like a mess more everyday. From all the interviews with Slash, Matt etc.. it's all "we don't know what's gonna happen"! It's so disconcerting and weird. Nobody is making any effort call each other to do anything. It's like they're so ungrateful for all the success they've achieved.

Couldn't agree more. You nailed it. I just wonder if the rest of the guys have lost interest in being involved with Gn'R. I know they're very proud of what they once were and what they achieved as the most dangerous band in the world but, do they still care about Gn'R fans? :shrugs:

It's just so disappointing to be a GNR fan when shit like this happens.

Nah, I am a GN'R fan and I disagree. I couldn't care less about them organizing anything for HOF, in fact, I am not sure I want them to perform anything at all. I do want them to graciously accept the award and say some nice things, but I see no reason why that needs to be rehearsed or organized in any way. In fact, I would find it a bit un-GN'R if they did anything that wasn't spontaneous.

Axl is already a laughing stock to all the common rock fans who say Slash is GNR, it's just Axl's band now, etc. and the fact that they can't even get on the same page and put their shit aside for one night FOR THE FANS that made them more than anyone else is embarrassing.

Supposedly they are all attending the ceremony. Isn't that enough? Do you insist on them burying their hatchets and performing as well? Simply speaking: They don't owe you that.

they're very proud of what they once were and what they achieved as the most dangerous band in the world but, do they still care about Gn'R fans? :shrugs:

they better care about gnr fans because they are the only ones who are buying their mediocre solo albums and attending their shows

They care.

You guys are just making a big fucking deal out of it, it's pathetic.

Wow what an honor, we're being inducted waaaay after Madonna.

MADONNA

Really, Madonna? And ABBA?

Geez.

25 year rule, Madonna began five years before GNR.

Still, Madonna and ABBA both are piece of shit music.

Oh come on. Abba and Madonna may not be very relevant or trendy right now but no one with any knowledge of music history can deny that they have been very influential and have inspired generations of artists globally, as well as selling shitloads of music.

But they are not "Rock N' Roll"