OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's on rhythm if they do play? Didn't Adler say that Izzy's not going? Can't really believe what he says but it's not surprising. Would it Gilby or Fortus?

Tobias. And he's gonna turn Slash's volume down again :tongue2:

At best, it will go down like the Creedance Clearwater Revival HOF did(no live performance, just speeches, cold anomosity shown toward the lead singer). At worst, it will end up like Van Halen(half the band didn't show up) or Blondie(2 original members played with their current band whilst leaving out 2 other members). Given that Izzy might not show up, Axl doesn't want to perform and Adler stating he will fucken play along to a rhythm track, it will probably be a combination of all three of the aforementioned situations...

So will Izzy be bashed for not showing up?

Probably. Not by me though. I personally don't care too much for the show. Would be cool if Axl played with the old band, but if it doesn't happen, that's fine. He should play with the original line up sans Adler, that would fucken make my year. The HOF has become commercial and has been commercial for a very long time. The Sex Pistols had the right idea about how to go about it. They told the hall of fame to fuck off. That's real rock n' roll. Of course this was before Lydon participated in a fucken English butter commercial...

I think Rod and Ron are cool and all, but I don't think either of them know the true problems, and the extent of those problems. They are speaking as if it's really simple, but we all know the back and fourth comments between the original 5 guys since 1997, and it hasn't been pretty.

So I think these 2 are just producing the "simple" answer and solution, but we know it's REALLY not as simple as 1,2,3. :rolleyes:

How do we all know? How do we know more about the situation than Ronnie Wood?

It's the press.

Let's see what's happens. I still got faith in it, that the will play a couple of songs.

did you guys know Tracci Guns wrote the Sweet Child O Mine solo? true story

he also wrote the Welcome To The Jungle riff, My Michelle, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, all the leads in November Rain and Estranged. Really he should be up there accepting the induction, Slash played a very minor role.

I couldn't give a fuck about whether they like each other or can get along with each other. What do I have invested in their interpersonal relationship? My only questions are "Are they playing music together?"

If Slash n'Axl get along again with each other, maybe they'll play music together in the future.

That's why the HOF is important, even if they don't play that night. They can play later...

Edited by Alan Niveen

Honestly, I'll just be happy if they shake hands and put the past behind them. Imagine getting the first photos of Axl and Slash together after nearly 20 years. If they play, that's just a bonus.

This.

this.

Not this. I'm a fan of their music. I'm not their counselor. I couldn't give a fuck about whether they like each other or can get along with each other. What do I have invested in their interpersonal relationship? My only questions are "Are they playing music together?" and if they are, then, "Where are they playing live?" or "What is the name of the album and when does it come out?" Anything else is not important to me as a fan of their music. So do I care if they are sitting at the same table? No. Shake hands? No. Have a laugh? No. The only thing that matters to me, DirtyDeeds, fan of Guns n' Roses music is whether or not Guns n' Roses plays music. If they do, that's cool for a few minutes. If they don't, then that is okay, too, my life and my being a fan of the music won't change.

fucking thank you

to every one else, please, get your heads out of your asses you pretentious douchebags

Fuck. The. Reunion.

Fuck the reunion? Lets talk about facts and success

1985-1993 5 studio albums,Appetite,Lies, 2 Ilussions and Spagetti.

Apettite 1 of the albums is a legendary masterpiece one of the biggest album gods created, 2 illusions 2 masterpiece and milions of people converted

Since 1985 to 1993 i dont know how many tours and people,but as i said later,the conquered the world,te shows where MOST OF THEM awesome,and the band was set on fire on stage.Only a few but very well know bad days.

Since 2001 to 2012 One record,that its not a masterpiece,has 5 or 6 GOOD songs.At least 4 tours ,2 of them 2001-2002 and 2011-2012 Axl singing really bad in a bad shape, 1 of them singing really good 2006 and the other one 2010 singing like 90s.

Also many many bad reviews,and many people joking ( people apart of the Gnrforumworlds) about how fat was,how he sounded,etc...

So fuck reunion? check what each lineup has done,in more or less the same time.NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Yes,Reunion PLEASE!

5 or 6 good songs? lololol

If they reunite Axl will sing better? You need a cup of reality man ;)

Yes 5 or 6 good songs,and YES i think AXL would sing better,he would be pushed to be like he is supposedI

Ha! :lol:

medium_destructoid-dot-com-fanboy-anatomy.jpg

He would sing better and yes Chinese democracy has 5 or 6 good songs.BTW who is the fanboy?you saying that Axl is singin right now good? or me saying that he is singing crap

So will Izzy be bashed for not showing up?
He definitely should be bashed if he doesn't show up.As Wood and Stewart said : 'do it for the fans'. Only complete assholes wouldn't show up.

I'm pretty that, if a reunion doesn't happen, it won't be Izzy's fault.

Izzy should definately be there.. It will be a huge letdown if he doesn't show up.

It surely would be a huge letdown. Especially 'cause I really like the guy and I'd love to see him with the old guys, even if they're not playing.