OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Somehow I'm not surprised. After all that's been going on with the recent comments, he's probably fearing a disaster and doesn't want to be there to witness it. It's too bad though, I'd love to see him there.

I think that one shouldn't necessarily assume this was a recent decision by Izzy.

Ali

Just as one should not assume that it wasn't a recent decision. ;)

Like I said, I'm not surprised. I figured from the start of the whole HOF talk that him and Axl would be the least likely to show up.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard
selfish guy who only cares about himself

complete lack of respect towards the fans, fuck him

Fuck off you self important wanker, it's called dignity ;)

Somehow I'm not surprised. After all that's been going on with the recent comments, he's probably fearing a disaster and doesn't want to be there to witness it. It's too bad though, I'd love to see him there.

I think that one shouldn't necessarily assume this was a recent decision by Izzy.

Ali

Just as one should not assume that it wasn't a recent decision. ;)

Like I said, I'm not surprised. I figured from the start of the whole HOF talk that him and Axl would be the least likely to show up.

I'm not surprised either. But, is there anything in this article or in another that indicates Izzy's decision to not attend is tied to last week's drama?

Ali

Take everything with a grain of salt until the ceremony's over.

John Frusciante isn't going to be there either. Whether it's under protest or just don't want to sit at a banquet table for 4 hours with estranged ex-wives and whatnot, they have their reasons to not show.

But remember when Axl made that comment about GNR being him, Duff, and Slash and not Izzy & Steven? He must have known at the time Izzy was going to be a no-show.

A lot of times, someone covers the cost of a committee member if they can't afford it. I'd actually want to know more if musicians are happy with the SAG/AFTRA merger. I'm sure it's going to be discussed there.

In my view without Izzy, it takes the whole magic out of this hall of fame induction, certainly in terms of the group showing up. With Slash's latest comments, and Stevens jab at the current band, and now with Izzy not showing up.... it seems like this whole "plan" for the original band to reunite for 1 night is falling apart.

I knew the last few months of build up was all hype, and no substance...

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Izzy doesn't like being around all of the drama and bullshit. Are we surprised that he doesn't want to deal with the induction? It's gonna be non-stop drama and bullshit with a trophy.

This.

Way to go Izzy - the dude's one serious case of integrity and non-bulshit. :thumbsup:

Izzy doesn't like being around all of the drama and bullshit. Are we surprised that he doesn't want to deal with the induction? It's gonna be non-stop drama and bullshit with a trophy.

This.

Way to go Izzy - the dude's one serious case of integrity and non-bulshit. :thumbsup:

Izzy have the right. he don't want to go to circus.

Very disappointing.

Yes, he has the right not to attend. But the selfless option would be to be grateful, humble, and show up for the fans. Regardless of any potential drama.

This is like one giant game of checkmate. SLash probably wants to say 'fuck it, I'm not going either.' But then Axl might show, Axl says nothing, Slash says nothing, and no-one really knows what the fuck is happening.

Look, GNR has been inducted in its first elligible year. The whole lot of them should put all the childish shit to the side for 1 evening. 1 fucking evening. Isnt much to ask.

This.

Aye, I will always respect Izzy just for doing whatever the hell he wants. But then I haven't cared about this ceremony since it was announced.

We all know Izzy doesn't like the spotlight, etc. but this is fucking stupid. This is the one time you can really honor your fans. Izzy's taking it to another level with just not showing up. That's not "cool" in my book. It's a big fuck you to everyone who go them into the HOF.

In an interview with the VH1 Radio Network, Sorum reveals that Slash told him Izzy Stradlin was not planning on coming to Cleveland for the festivities.

Slash told him??

Isn't Slash the one stating in numerous interviews that he doesn't know what's going on with GnR and the HOF,doesn't really know who's going and that there's been zero communication in regards to the entire event?

I love Izzy, I really wish he'd be there.

I always thought Izzy was the coolest member but he's got to do what is best for him, so no need to hate!

People are bitching for no reason, if someone doesn't want to turn up, no reason to hate on them.

Edited by GnRMatt

In an interview with the VH1 Radio Network, Sorum reveals that Slash told him Izzy Stradlin was not planning on coming to Cleveland for the festivities.

Slash told him??

Isn't Slash the one stating in numerous interviews that he doesn't know what's going on with GnR and the HOF,doesn't really know who's going and that there's been zero communication in regards to the entire event?

Exactly!!! It's foolish for anyone to assume anything will or won't happen. As Zint and others have pointed out, the inductees have been contradicting each other and even themselves. I know many people get off on all the speculation and word-for-word analysis and they like to interpret each quote as fact, but personally I'm not gonna believe shit until it does or does not happen.

It's been two fucking weeks since all the other inductees announced their presenters, GNR still hasn't. There's no fucking chance they haven't already lined up somebody by now. They are keeping it a secret as long as possible - what else are they going to surprise us with? Don't rule out anything just yet.