OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Going through the pages here.... Has anyone actually confirmed that they will be attending? :question: Or is it all up in the air?

Just to summarize the situation as it stand now:

Axl does not want to let the fans down, according to himself. Whether that includes performing with former members or just being there, is unclear from what he has said, but it'd be pretty surprising if he ever got up on stage with Slash again. At the same time, Duff, Slash and Matt apparently intend to attend and want to play, because they are happy to play with anyone as long as there's an audience. Steven wants to play even more -- more than anyone in the whole wide world! -- and is pissed at Axl for not being clear about his intentions, going as far as to lash out at the current band members, calling them "hacks" and then, regretting that, calling them "scabs" instead. Izzy, on the other hand, who, according to Slash, is true to his nature and intends to be absent, is not getting much criticism from anyone, although right now it looks like he is the one who is most clearly preventing the AFD lineup from performing. And in the meantime poor Dizzy, who is also inducted, is completely forgotten by all.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through the pages here.... Has anyone actually confirmed that they will be attending? :question: Or is it all up in the air?

Just to summarize the situation as it stand now:

Axl does not want to let the fans down, according to himself. Whether that includes performing with former members or just being there, is unclear from what he has said, but it'd be pretty surprising if he ever got up on stage with Slash again. At the same time, Duff, Slash and Matt apparently intend to attend and want to play, because they are happy to play with anyone as long as there's an audience. Steven wants to play even more -- more than anyone in the whole wide world! -- and is pissed at Axl for not being clear about his intentions, going as far as to lash out at the current band members, calling them "hacks" and then, regretting that, calling them "scabs" instead. Izzy, on the other hand, who, according to Slash, is true to his nature and intends to be absent, is not getting much criticism from anyone, although right now it looks like he is the one who is most clearly preventing the AFD lineup from performing. And in the meantime poor Dizzy, who is also inducted, is completely forgotten by all.

Did Frank and Richard say they weren't going? If Izzy's not, and Axl really doesn't want Adler or Sorum to play, I could see him bringing them. Plus I could see Axl going "we need the second guitarist" as a reason not to play.

Izzy can just decide that day and drive there. He might not feel like springing for a seat and dealing with the drama. Or he might pull a Sly Stone and make a surprise appearance and leave. Sly didn't hang out, he just went, grabbed, and left.

Adler should just talk about the new music and be happy they're being honored. Talking about the feud stuff doesn't help things, it could have waited until after the ceremony. It's not like Mick and Keith where they trash talk and money brings them together, and Charlie Watts. Duff is the Charlie Watts of GNR, Izzy the Bill Wyman, but Bill stuck around for Steel Wheels.

I'd like to see the future of GNR be a blend of past and present members though. Rock Hall's irrelevant when it comes to reunions. It's just a night out being recognized for the work they did.

And as I mentioned, Axl has to go so it doesn't turn into a karaoke show, and he'll put his grudges against Slash aside for a few hours, probably shock the shit out of people that he's able to do it, and maybe we'll see what happens.

No expectations for them to play though.

Right now, it seems like Slash is trying to bite his tongue on it but will be there. Duff, Matt, Dizzy confirmed it. Axl hinted at going but we won't know until he's actually in the building, he could wind up sitting with the audience watching the live feed for all we know, with the fans, plus that's a lot cheaper.

I'm pretty sure most of the people are going "why does it have to be in Cleveland" though...

You know it is insane that an inductee is charged almost $3000.00 to bring guests with them (family) That is fucked up IMO

Look up the specifics regarding the HOF,there are so many misteps,and inconsistencies.

Yeah,and while he's at it,he should look up how many guys from "the 70's" (not to mention "the 60's") have performed inductions at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. :book:

I was just told that RHCP are playing a show at the HOB at 11:30am on sunday, to bad its not GNR lmao,

WHAT?!

where did you hear this? i wanna go! lol

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/04/obama_campaign_volunteers_will.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Red Hot Chili Peppers are putting their music behind the Obama campaign in Ohio.

The Los Angeles-based group will perform a free concert for Obama campaign workers at the House of Blues in Cleveland Sunday afternoon, following the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Saturday night.

The group, which supports President Barack Obama, saw giving a free concert as a way to help him, said an Obama campaign official in Ohio.

But to get in the concert, you must be willing to work for the Obama campaign this week by volunteering at any Northeast Ohio phone bank. A link was activated Monday night allowing people to volunteer. Tickets are limited.

No one from the House of Blues could be reached Monday night.

This is the first time a rock group has offered its support to Obama this campaign, the campaign official said.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers is a member of the 2012 class of inductees into the Rock Hall. Other inductees include The Beastie Boys, Guns N' Roses, Donovan, Laura Nyro, The Crickets, The Small Faces/ Faces, The Famous Flames, the Midnighters, The Miracles, The Blue Caps and The Comets.

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers is made up of singer Anthony Kiedis, bass player Michael "Flea" Balzary and drummer Chad Smith.

The group has been together since the 80's. Their first album "Red Hot Chili Peppers" was released in 1984.

Their latest album ,"I'm With You," was released in August.

Comedian and friend of the band, Chris Rock will be inducting the band Saturday at the Public Auditorium.

A link to RSVP for a phone bank shift is here.

The person I bought my induction ceremony ticket said she will go to the campaign for me and get me 2 tix to the show, we will see if that happens or not.

if there is ANY way you can hook me up with 3 tickets ill be forever grateful =P

im from michigan and have no way of attending the campaign phone bank

You know it is insane that an inductee is charged almost $3000.00 to bring guests with them (family) That is fucked up IMO

Look up the specifics regarding the HOF,there are so many misteps,and inconsistencies.

Yeah,and while he's at it,he should look up how many guys from "the 70's" (not to mention "the 60's") have performed inductions at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. :book:

Hi Zint :)

Indeed,I never understood their policy of not including the "backing band" ie: Buddy Holly,but not the crickets,Bruce Springsteen,but not the e-street band. I understand they are trying to remedy that now.

I'm honestly puzzled and a bit pissed about Rush not being indoctrinated yet,and Deep Purple.

But it's just an award show,never agreed with SCOM getting the moonman for best new "metal" song.

Being as the RRHOF set a sort of precident,when allowing Trujillo in,even though he had only played on one recent release is questionable as well.

Damn,I sound like a persnickedy bastard! Guess I read too much!

What if on Saturday Night all Members of Guns N Roses went to the ceremony? Steven Adler, Matt Sorum, Buckethead, Brain, Frank, Bumblefoot, Tommy Stinson, Robin, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Frank, Axl Rose Dizzy, Richard Fortus, Chris Pittman, DJ Ashba. All members over the History of GNR. This Reunion doesn't have to be a Van Halen fiasco. Honor GNR in its entirety. End all the Reunion crap and just get everyone get together and play. 25+ years of playing music. Not all of em have to go. Just ALL need be invited.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are going in with a new guy. Why can't ALL GNR members go in.

A Jam of all the guys is much better then a reunion just to make money. Why do we all have to live in 1986. Embrace everything GNR has accomplished and kick start the touring and music to come forward.

Slash is going to promote his new music. Why not let everyone Celebrate.