OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

how the hell can guns n' roses be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame without any current members being there. what a joke. A bunch of ex-members and some guy who hangs out with CREED singing. absolutely awful. I cant wait to see what the current/real line-up come up with on the next album. God bless axl rose for sticking to his guns, im glad he didnt go.

If they ever release an album.

Real line-up? I support (and love) the current line-up but come on. The current line-up on its own has yet to release an album of their material.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell can guns n' roses be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame without any current members being there. what a joke. A bunch of ex-members and some guy who hangs out with CREED singing. absolutely awful. I cant wait to see what the current/real line-up come up with on the next album. God bless axl rose for sticking to his guns, im glad he didnt go.

How was it disrespectful? Axl was invited along with Slash, Duff, etc, but chose not to go, and he's the only current member that should have been there. The best of GNR was there last night and they were amazing. Only thing that would have made it better would have been if Izzy showed up.

100% correct.

this thread is HUGE! it would be useful to have a single post with a list of all of the videos that are popping up.

AS the day progresses I will be adding this information to the first post, that way it will be saved and easy to get to :)

If I miss something please pm me links

Edited by gunsguy

@mattsorum

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR

@Slash

I have to say, that was a really fn' great evening. Thanks to all the fans for the support. W/out that, nothing would have happened. IiiI; )'

@adlerrocks

It was so great to be a part of last night. Thank you everyone! Great way to end that chapter of my life now on to the future, lets ROCK!

Here is another, I am ripping the vids so it is easy to watch for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwy0ODkbck

source: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/guns-n-roses-adler-and-sorum-on-axl-rock-heroes-20120415#ooid=puMW9nNDpqkAgT87we8-0ZS8ZPkTf0r6

I'm also glad he didn't go, but their performance was actually pretty good IMO, except for Myles, of course.

Except Myles was very good.

I am not a big fan of his, he did good, I would not say very good. Can't knock him though he aint Axl Rose, no one can sing GN'R like Axl... NO ONE

they did good from what I seen, sure beats Green Day performing Guns tunes lol

I cna't bash Myles though, regardless of my stance on the issue, it was a good performance from where I sat last night

Edited by gunsguy

Guns N' Roses was inducted in the HOF because of the 25 birthday of Appetite For Destruction. 7 members out of the 8 from the current line up doesn't have shit to do with that album.

I'm also glad he didn't go, but their performance was actually pretty good IMO, except for Myles, of course.

Except Myles was very good.

I am not a big fan of his, he did good, I would not say very good. Can't knock him though he aint Axl Rose, no one can sing GN'R like Axl... NO ONE

they did good from what I seen, sure beats Green Day performing Guns tunes lol

I cna't bash Myles though, regardless of my stance on the issue, it was a good performance from where I sat last night

I think he was good, but certainly not Axl. Rolling Stone said he sounded "perfect," which implies he sounded like Axl on Appetite. Such a crock of shit. Axl is the biggest asshole on the planet, and because of that people choose to ignore the reality of how good his vocals were on that album. He is the Ty Cobb of the music world. Very talented and very unique at his craft, but also such a HUGE jerk that people would rather ignore his talent. Nevertheless, I do agree that it was far better to hear Slash/Duff/Steven performing instead of Green Day. That would have been a gigantic trainwreck.

Everytime I find a Guns N'Roses Hall of Fame 2012 video, the account has been closed down ?

I did find this speech:

Duff speech. Atleast this video wasnt; taken down off YouTube

Edited by vaida

Boos rang out from some of the 6,000 in attendance early in the evening when Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of Green Day, asked the crowd "who was missing" as members of Guns N' Roses were up on stage accepting their award.

"Most singers are crazy. I can vouch for that," Armstrong told the audience. He praised Rose: "He is one of the best front man to ever touch a microphone." Then added: "Sometimes you have to look back at chapters of your life to move forward."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-15/entertainment/sns-rt-us-usa-rockhallbre83e02t-20120414_1_fame-induction-band-members-billie-joe-armstrong

Nice speech from Billie Joe, my respect for him!

Entire speech here:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-billy-joe-armstrong-guns-n-roses-induction-speech/

Yeah, that was nice enough. Don't think he was particularly defending Axl but he gave credit where it was due (saying he is a great singer and one of the best frontmen) while also stating "Sometimes you have to look back at chapters of your life to move forward."

It was kind of weird that no one really bashed Axl. I mean, they could have really gone to town with it but only a few weak pot-shots were made. Chris Rock really lightened the mood imo and twice the booing audience was told to "shut the fuck up".

BTW: Anyone else here felt oddly proud when they showed clips of the old concerts (Ritz, Tokyo, etc)?

Edited by KiraMPD

Yeah, that was nice enough. Don't think he was particularly defending Axl but he gave credit where it was due (saying he is a great singer and one of the best frontmen) while also stating "Sometimes you have to look back at chapters of your life to move forward."

It was kind of weird that no one really bashed Axl. I mean, they could have really gone to town with it but only a few week pot-shots were made. Chris Rock really lightened the mood imo and twice the booing audience was told to "shut the fuck up".

BTW: Anyone else here felt oddly proud when they showed clips of the old concerts (Ritz, Tokyo, etc)?

Chris Rock's a GNR fan, but he also sings along to Hollaback Girl in the car. I bet Axl has sung along to Hollaback Girl, too...