OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

@mattsorum

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR

@Slash

I have to say, that was a really fn' great evening. Thanks to all the fans for the support. W/out that, nothing would have happened. IiiI; )'

@adlerrocks

It was so great to be a part of last night. Thank you everyone! Great way to end that chapter of my life now on to the future, lets ROCK!

Here is another, I am ripping the vids so it is easy to watch for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwy0ODkbck

source: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/guns-n-roses-adler-and-sorum-on-axl-rock-heroes-20120415#ooid=puMW9nNDpqkAgT87we8-0ZS8ZPkTf0r6

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: I can't stop laughing at Stevie. Fuck, he's so hilarious and goofy! Hahahahahaha!

PS: You should consider uploading these videos on a secondary account because all you have uploaded will be taken down (I guess) and your account will be closed =/.

Ya I thought about that after. I will remove them soon after you guys get them

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into Green Day before GN'R. It's different, but still great material.

I'm a Green Day fan too and though I still don't understand why they were chosen to do the induction, for what it's worth, they didn't do a half bad job of it. Just glad they didn't play Guns songs! :lol:

Sorum told similar story of how Axl wouldn't tell them which song they were going play first. and he started playing one song and realized the band were play something else. maybe thats what the nightrain whistle was all about.

Another undiscovered anomaly peculiar to GNR, Nightrain and Paradise City both involve whistles of different types.

Not to mention the natural Patience whistle,or the Civil War whistle,a bit of one in estranged sometimes,etc.

I'm having an epiphany.

you sound like a psychopath.

So there is whistling in guns n roses songs. So what?

Yes- thanks for posting and they sound kick ass. Makes ya wonder why Axl needs (I don't even remember how many guys now...9+?) to perform.

Because to properly play Guns N' Roses' songs you need more members. E.g. to recreate AFD songs as they are on record, you need three guitars, to recreate CD songs as they are on record, you need keyboards and effects.

You do not need three sodding guitarists to recreate AFD songs. What a ridiculous comment. They did just fine back in the day. And Appetite wasn't recorded with 3 guitarists or 3 separate guitar tracks. It was Slash and Izzy.

I'll excuse you since you are a fan of the original short-lived lineup and hence can't be expected to know much about what came later, but on AFD there are more than two guitars.

Myles was fine...but the hate is to be expected because it isn't Axl Rose.

I couldn't care less if it was Axl or not, they made their presentation, they deserved it. I'm just sayin I don't like his voice, it's too weak on the upper register. They should have asked another singer, like Steven Tyler or Scott Weiland, for example.

The funny thing is, The 'Slashites' boo because they love Axl too. Essentially, Slashites, are original GNR fans to the core.

Axlites, are hardcore Axl fans and only appreciate what he is currently doing, while trying to ignore any importance of Slash (and other original members sometimes) - basically they agree with only Axl's point of view... they like what Axl likes, when he likes it.

I love Axl, and I'm really turned off by him not showing up to this. This would have been the one time he clarified and said "I'm currently touring with the new band, I love these guys, but we couldn't work together anymore..."

He could have promoted his GNR, as well as showed the world there are no more hard feelings, and make it clear that he is continuing to move forward with his current lineup. I feel like his parasitic peons are still keeping the door shut for all this. The shit that started this from the very beginning was Axl and Slash not talking face to face. They needed to stop talking through people. Whether it's Beta, Eddie Trunk, or whoever... the only way they will clear things up, is if they call each other.

I think BJA did a great job on the speech.

Myles was fine...but the hate is to be expected because it isn't Axl Rose.

I couldn't care less if it was Axl or not, they made their presentation, they deserved it. I'm just sayin I don't like his voice, it's too weak on the upper register. They should have asked another singer, like Steven Tyler or Scott Weiland, for example.

No- then the personality woulda dominated. Myles isn't that well known, didn't pull any antics, didn't do any upstaging. He was perfect. Is he vocally great- no. Did he do an admiral job- yes.

What's the problem in inviting a famous singer? It's their HOF induction, let's get the best, not nasal boy.

It's interesting that there is so little criticism of Izzy. He didn't show up "for the fans" either but it's Axl taking all the crap. Axl even gave an explanation,whether you accept it or not, as to why it would be in best interest to miss it. Izzy didn't. He would have just had to show up, shake some hands and accept an award, right? You know -- for the fans.

Yes- thanks for posting and they sound kick ass. Makes ya wonder why Axl needs (I don't even remember how many guys now...9+?) to perform.

Because to properly play Guns N' Roses' songs you need more members. E.g. to recreate AFD songs as they are on record, you need three guitars, to recreate CD songs as they are on record, you need keyboards and effects.

You do not need three sodding guitarists to recreate AFD songs. What a ridiculous comment. They did just fine back in the day. And Appetite wasn't recorded with 3 guitarists or 3 separate guitar tracks. It was Slash and Izzy.

I'll excuse you since you are a fan of the original short-lived lineup and hence can't be expected to know much about what came later, but on AFD there are more than two guitars.

They may have multi-tracked their guitar parts on Appetite, but there are two guitar sections in the song. It is not as if they are leaving any guitar parts out of the song by simply only having two guitarists when playing the songs live.

The original lineup may have been relatively short-lived (5 years for AFD lineup), but they were the lineup that people associate with GnR. Can't be expected to know what came later? I've seen the nu-GnR live twice.

how the hell can guns n' roses be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame without any current members being there. what a joke. A bunch of ex-members and some guy who hangs out with CREED singing. absolutely awful. I cant wait to see what the current/real line-up come up with on the next album. God bless axl rose for sticking to his guns, im glad he didnt go.

dude. You sound like a psychopath.

Seriously. Do you even believe the shit you are saying?

Guns N roses broke up years ago. The band Axl tours with is guns n roses in name only. You are an idiot. Reading these boards I sometimes question what the fuck sort of person would actually say such stupid shit.

It's interesting that there is so little criticism of Izzy. He didn't show up "for the fans" either but it's Axl taking all the crap. Axl even gave an explanation,whether you accept it or not, as to why it would be in best interest to miss it. Izzy didn't. He would have just had to show up, shake some hands and accept an award, right? You know -- for the fans.

Because Axl is seen as the main antagonist. Like it or not, that's the way it is. He is out touring since 2000, with one album, and continued lineup changes. This PR-wise looks bad because when the other guys were in the band, they released 5 albums from 87-93. They also wrote bad-ass music that always managed to hold on to mainstream airplay(even Spaghetti songs), not just ballads. Izzy's statement basically says, if Axl had gone, so would he. I don't think Izzy thought there was a point in going if it wasn't going to be the full original 5. This might have been a no-win situation for Axl, but he would have gotten major points from mainstream media, and the concert-going population in general, had he even just acted like he had forgiven Slash and attended.

Axl needs an independently financed PR person, who can't be fired by Axl, to advise on outcomes of potential situations. Not Beta.

Yes but I think no one expects much out of Izzy seeing as he's been MIA for so long. On the other hand Axl is the only classic/original/founding member that is still in Guns N' Roses.

It was what Axl said that is creating all the backlash. He could have just said Thank you for the tremendous honor, unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I'm sure the backlash would be much much less. Alot of disappointed people, but not angry.

Izzy wrote a nice letter, and he did not say things like "I don't want my name inducted or no one speaks or accepts for me.

Nice PC version!! Myles doesn't blow the whistle as good as Axl, but the rest was way cool.

:rofl-lol: Myles sounded amazing fronting the most dangerous rock n roll band of all time. They should go on tour. People hating on Myles just remember, it's not his fault Axl and Izzy chose to skip this.