OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotel booked for friday night .2 miles from the HOB, if anyone has an extra meet n greet for duff please let me know!! i have a balcony seat i would just give to a member if need be, thanks!!

Hotel booked for friday night .2 miles from the HOB, if anyone has an extra meet n greet for duff please let me know!! i have a balcony seat i would just give to a member if need be, thanks!!

im in the same boat. those vip seats went FAST, i was on at 10 am and didnt even have a chance :shock:

We all think that Axl and Slash don't talk to each other. But who says that's true? We don't know everything that happens.

exactly

who knows what's going on behind the scenes?

I used to think this way:

Axl Rose calls Slash. Slash picks up the phone and talk.

Slash calls Axl Rose. Axl Rose doesn't pick up at all or he does and say: Fuck you! and hang up.

But now, I don't really now. Axl looks very relaxed and I hope he can at least have one-off conversation with Slash. :shrugs:

There's some things the past members of GNR are in the loop for as far as band business goes, but it's mostly to do with back catalog and publishing. Steve Perry takes part in the Journey back catalog, but doesn't discuss it with the current members of Journey,and vice versa. The members of Pink Floyd have an agreement on the back catalog - Roger owns all things Wall, Dave and Nick own the rest of it, but I'm sure they're just told by people in the record company what's going on and just sign off on it at this point, to keep the music out there. The only thing they really have any say in, is something they don't agree with. Bob Dylan has zero involvement in his back catalog, he leaves that up to his manager.

If the record company wants to do something with the songs, they all have a voice in it. But when it comes to anything to do with GNR now, that's something they're not involved in.

How come no one has asked Axl about the RRHOF? He was asked once but not recently. I wonder what he would say? :blink:

???????????? Axl had talked about it when asked. He said he really doesnt care, but its a big deal to the fans, etc. Unless the interview was fake, but its been on here many times already. I really think they will all be there. (the originals from the afd and uyi) albums. I think it would be really cool to see them play a few songs, but i really expect them there. Fans make a bigger deal of the fued btw axl and slash, but its been so long and they are middle age men for crying out loud. I am sure they talk more than any of really know. 2 of the biggest names in rock, and they made their name together. They know that, and so does everyone on this board.

How come no one has asked Axl about the RRHOF? He was asked once but not recently. I wonder what he would say? :blink:

???????????? Axl had talked about it when asked. He said he really doesnt care, but its a big deal to the fans, etc. Unless the interview was fake, but its been on here many times already. I really think they will all be there. (the originals from the afd and uyi) albums. I think it would be really cool to see them play a few songs, but i really expect them there. Fans make a bigger deal of the fued btw axl and slash, but its been so long and they are middle age men for crying out loud. I am sure they talk more than any of really know. 2 of the biggest names in rock, and they made their name together. They know that, and so does everyone on this board.

Back to my OP:

"He was asked ONCE but not recently."

I already knew about the interview. I was just wondering and thinking about what he would say if he was asked again.

Back to my OP:

I already knew about the interview. I was just wondering and thinking about what he would say if he was asked again.

Journalist:

"Hey Axl, what are your thoughts on RNRHOF induction? Would you be joining the rest of the guys at the ceremony? Any chance of one-off performance with the original line-up"

Axl Rose:

31343787-31343792-slarge.jpg

__

Seriously, if I was a journalist/interviewer I'd be scared to death to ask Axl that question. He can simply ignore me or beat the hell out of me. :shrugs:

Edited by pi2loc

Back to my OP:

Journalist:

"Hey Axl, what are your thoughts on RNRHOF induction? Would you be joining the rest of the guys at the ceremony? Any chance of one-off performance with the original line-up"

Axl Rose:

__

Seriously, if I was a journalist/interviewer I'd be scared to death to ask Axl that question. He can simply ignore me or beat the hell out of me. :shrugs:

:rofl-lol: I bet that's why he's only been asked once

im in the same boat. those vip seats went FAST, i was on at 10 am and didnt even have a chance :shock:

Don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure they were all gone prior to 10 AM. Lots of demand and only 18 "available". They could have charged a lot more, the meet and greet for the three members of Faces is $600 :o

Journalist:

Axl Rose:

__

In that picture it looks like he just discovered that chick has no ass whatsoever :P

Where are your seats for Duff? And for the ceremony?

from HTGTH, i like how he talks about it

From a new interview with Matt Sorum. On the RRHOF:

Matt Sorum: He says regarding the RRHOF -- that he'll be there, "I'll be ready, I've got my sticks in my back pocket...so we'll see how it goes." He doesn't know what's going to happen, he hasn't talked to Axl in a long time -- "we hope he does the right thing, we hope the whole band does something it would be cool. But I don't know, I don't know."

@4:55

I still can't see Axl going to this and reconecting with all of the former members, I just can't visualise it to be honest. It would be a cool thing to see for sure, but I certainly don't see Axl performing with them. I wonder if Axl already has in his mind a strong sense of what's going to happen at this, or if he is as in the dark as we are?.

It's going to be interesting for sure...

why doesnt someone email someone who works at the RNRHF and Ask them these questions

Because chances are, they don't know much more than we do. They probably have invited all of the inductees to the ceremony, and arrangements about what will happen usually don't need to be a long thought out process. So with GN'R, they are hoping for the best, and are hoping they all eventually contact each other to arrange something.

But I have a feeling that it's going to get left for too long, and then it will be too late to arrange anything.....thus meaning things not going to RHOF's ideal plan.

why doesnt someone email someone who works at the RNRHF and Ask them these questions

We've seen what they've said so far. In December, one confirmed everybody would be there. Then, Slash and another said that they haven't confirmed ANYTHING and they Hall should stop speaking for people. Then, Shaffer's Twitter comments happened, which were promptly deleted and redacted.

Ultimately, the only person that knows whether or not GN'R will perform is Axl. He controls this situation. He's done pretty shitty at controlling almost everything related to Guns N' Roses since 1996ish, but we'll see how this goes down. I'm still excited to see the other guys if Axl doesn't show up. Pretty sure they'll all play with someone stepping in.

Since the Lebeis make all the band decisions now,will they have any influence on Axl's decisions whether going or not?

I think it's a natural concept to think that Beta and Fernando will probably give Axl advice about this subject. Although I don't think it will be the deciding factor personally. And they won't tell Axl what to do, they will guide him and respect his choice either way.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Damn, I thought Matt was going to leave his sticks at home so the original line-up could kick some ass.

I think he just said that to say that he's there if they need him. Matt has said that he's going with Steven, and they will both play the songs in which they were involved in, if they play at all. I do like Matt, I think he has had a good attitude towards the RHOF issue recently, and it seems as if he has moved on but is willing to support whatever he is asked, in regards to GN'R.

I don't think alot of people give Matt the credit he deserves, he really is a down to earth, sweet hearted guy. :)

Edited by One.In.A.Million