OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Matt Sorum says Guns N Roses will sit together at @rock_hall induction. No plans to play but he's hoping. -@GraffonMusic #Music #Baktan8:01 PM - 16 Mar 12 via ifttthttp://twitter.com/zbooo/status/180821115516624896

How can such a worthless fact make me so friggin' excited? :rofl-lol:

I bet Axl and Slash will be sitting on opposite ends otherwise it would be awkward as hell

Not completely opposite, but not next to each other .... I can definitely see a very awkward hand shake followed by an even more awkward hug, and some awkward smiles for pictures followed by no interaction between the two for the rest of the night. :xmasssanta:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Matt interview is a bit disheartening knowing that there's been no communication with Axl but I suppose it's not surprising. Also if anyone should be the drummer for HOF performance it should be Adler. He was the best drummer for Gnr..

Matt Sorum says Guns N Roses will sit together at @rock_hall induction. No plans to play but he's hoping. -@GraffonMusic #Music #Baktan8:01 PM - 16 Mar 12 via ifttthttp://twitter.com/zbooo/status/180821115516624896

How can such a worthless fact make me so friggin' excited? :rofl-lol:

hahahah. I hear ya.

If they are sitting together it would make sense that Axl and Slash meet up prior to hash things out a bit. Otherwise it would be so fucking awkward wouldn't it?

Man, I remember my senior year of high school when just about everyone and I didn't get along for a while and we had to sit together for some event once, and it was just the most awkward thing until I reached out and spoke. I hope if Slash or Axl reaches out to the other to speak, they don't deny the other. A formal apology isn't even necessary from whoever is mad at the other, just talk and it'll be like old days.

That's like the worst picture they could have possibly used for GNR :vomit:

The Peppers got a comedian to present them, so maybe Gallagher will present for GNR. He could bring the Sledge-O-Matic and then the band could play Coma.

That's like the worst picture they could have possibly used for GNR :vomit:

The Peppers got a comedian to present them, so maybe Gallagher will present for GNR. He could bring the Sledge-O-Matic and then the band could play Coma.

LOLOLOL

i hope it's charlie sheen

THAT would make my year!

I'm also hoping for maybe Liam Gallagher (who did state that he was influenced by GnR/Axl)? Mostly because I've always been curious how an Axl/Liam interaction would go down...

Edited by KiraMPD

Slash looks super flamin in that picture

http://rockhall.com/pressroom/announcements/2012-presenters-for-inductions/

CLEVELAND (March 20, 2012) – Today, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces the presenters who will induct the 2012 honorees. The 27th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14th in Cleveland and premiere on HBO on Saturday, May 5th (9:00-11:30 p.m. EST/PST).

The presenters for this year’s show will include the following artists:

· Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D

· Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp

· Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt

· Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock

· Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler

· Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill

· Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King

· Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson

· The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson

More details about performances, additional presenters and special guests will be announced at a later date.

Leading up to the April 14th ceremony, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will host more than a week of special events, including the grand opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s new Library and Archives, tours of the newly-redesigned museum interior space, the unveiling of a new Grateful Dead exhibition, the Rock My Soul gospel tribute, a free concert for Cleveland and a special series of education programs designed to teach students across the nation about the history and impact of rock and roll.

As previously announced, the performers to be inducted are Beastie Boys, Donovan, Guns N’ Roses, Laura Nyro, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Small Faces/the Faces, the Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles The Early Influence inductee will be Freddie King; the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award will be given to Don Kirshner; The Awards for Musical Excellence will be presented to Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns.

More information: http://rockhall.com/inductees.

I am certainly hoping for the best, but if I had to put money on it, I'd bet the entire band will be seated at the tables in the audience while Axl is sequestered in a room backstage. They get inducted, everybody gathers on stage and hugs, brief statements by everyone. The rest of the band then sticks around to jam while Axl high-tails it outta there.

Again, this is NOT what I want to happen.

How have they not even chosen anybody to induct them yet? This is just setting up to be a total disaster. Everything about this is so much just what you'd expect from a typical Guns N' Roses event they're involved in. It just seems like nobody gives a shit and nobody is making any decisions on who should be doing what. Why even show up then? I thought it was BS at first but I really do think everybody is just gonna show up with absolutely zero planning or communication ahead of time and they'll just wing it. I'm not even holding my breath that they'll all go up onstage at the same time with each other. I don't think Axl will have a speech, either. If he talk it'll be like 10 words and that's it.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is just lining up to be a disappointment for all of us, IMO, and is only gonna lead to more people criticizing/hating Axl and the new lineup when it's all said and done.