OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

I will make sure my phone is charged full before I go to the HOB, and I will update for you guys

When are you hitting the road?

Picking up my rental car at 8:30am and maybe grab a coffee and on the way, its about 6hrs and i lose an hour, so im hoping to be there by 5pm or 6pm, depends if i stop. I dont even know what time the Duff show starts, but i assume 9pm. Im pretty sure a couple of people from the forum are going.

Yeah there's a couple others.

You gonna update from the HOF as well?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will make sure my phone is charged full before I go to the HOB, and I will update for you guys

When are you hitting the road?

Picking up my rental car at 8:30am and maybe grab a coffee and on the way, its about 6hrs and i lose an hour, so im hoping to be there by 5pm or 6pm, depends if i stop. I dont even know what time the Duff show starts, but i assume 9pm. Im pretty sure a couple of people from the forum are going.

Yeah there's a couple others.

You gonna update from the HOF as well?

I will do my best, im hoping i can keep my phone charged the whole time, maybe i can find an outlet somewhere lol, i will do what i can

Instead, we have:

"I will now say, respectfully, the most disrespectful thing imaginable.

And no one can say I'm taking my ball and going home. Now, I'm going to take my ball, and, erm ... stay home."

Amazing. Spot on. There's just something about being redheads and an excess amount of pride. When people in your own band think the appropriate move is the exact opposite of what you do, wonder how you square that.

Wonder how many band meetings this situation will result in. I'm curious how any of the more genuine current band members feel about this situation. How do guys like DJ and Ron reconcile what is obviously impish behavior with their own moral character. Guess the big fat pay checks playing to 5k people a night helps. If this was a real band where everyone, including the lead singer was replaceable, would they stand for it? Something tells me they wouldn't, but I could be wrong.

Edited by downzy

Goodnight and Cleveland bound in the A.M.

Peace yall

Charge the phone at the hotel after the HOB and don't use it! :tongue2:

Anyway...if I don't talk to you before you leave,have a fucking blast man.

Apart from Axl not wanting to play in the sandbox,it'll still be a special evening.

It's GnR getting inducted!

A once in a lifetime event...and you are there.

Slash,Duff and Steven are going to dig it...so dig it along with them.

It means something to them...and they are attending out of love and respect for the fans.

The people who put them on top.

They are doing it for you.

Don't forget that...attend with pride,as a true Gunner.

Attend for the band that had the keys to the kingdom.

The band on tap to inherit the rock and roll crown...the Stones knew it,Aerosmith knew it...everyone knew it.

Tip a few for us.

cheers

and hey...who lnows...you just might get Izzy ^_^

I feel bad for Duff. He seems to be the most genuine of the bunch, he cares about the fans, and he consider the band his brothers. It seems like this would have meant a lot to him, to be able to get together for one night and play for the fans, and it sucks that won't happen.

I never cared if we got a reunion. I was always on "Team Axl", I like the new band, I liked Chinese Democracy, and based on that if that's the musical direction Axl's going in, I'm sure I'd enjoy any new music he chooses to make or release. I'm sure I'd enjoy a reunion, but I don't need one and would be fine without it. I don't even like Slash, to be honest...but this is different. It should have been a simple celebration of what they accomplished, what made them successful, what likely saved their lives, given the lifestyle they were living while trying to make it big - had they not of gotten together and made what they made, surely at least one of them would be dead by now, another failed musician who didn't make it out of Hollywood. I would've liked to see them get together, even if you have to keep Axl and Slash on opposite sides of the stage the entire time.

Axl's played with Izzy, he played with Duff, so I assume whatever hatred lies between him and Slash is deep. And we don't know all the details so it's not fair to judge who's at fault - just because Slash is more open to giving his side of things doesn't mean it's true. I do wonder if something happened recently to cause this - Axl could've shot the whole thing down from the start if he never intended on going, and there had to have been some communication, at least between their camps, in the last few months. Maybe it went sour somehow? I guess what we have to understand is that this wasn't simply a band breaking up, something deep and personal happened here, enough so that Axl wants nothing to do with it, although refusing to be included in the induction seems a bit extreme.

Was Steven paid for his various interviews lately? Because I don't see how productive it is to be making little comments about Axl and the new band when they're, supposedly, trying to figure out how they can co-exist for the HOF. Him going on like he did just reminds Axl why he wants nothing to do with the situation in the first place. It just seems stupid for a guy who's last relevance was a stint on celebrity rehab to run his mouth about Axl, knowing that Axl's a bit unpredictable.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/62828

"I think it would be awesome to see everybody get up on stage and put all the differences aside for one night and just give the fans what they want. To me that makes the most sense".

I think it would be awesome to see you shutting the fuck up and put all your bullshit aside for one day and give the fans what they want - MUSIC, not your big mouth talking about thinks you don't know.

Instead, we have:

And no one can say I'm taking my ball and going home. Now, I'm going to take my ball, and, erm ... stay home."

Amazing. Spot on. There's just something about being redheads and an excess amount of pride. When people in your own band think the appropriate move is the exact opposite of what you do, wonder how you square that.

Wonder how many band meetings this situation will result in. I'm curious how any of the more genuine current band members feel about this situation. How do guys like DJ and Ron reconcile what is obviously impish behavior with their own moral character. Guess the big fat pay checks playing to 5k people a night helps. If this was a real band where everyone, including the lead singer was replaceable, would they stand for it? Something tells me they wouldn't, but I could be wrong.

Oh, so you actually know that you could be wrong, and you certainly were wrong. Don't ever speak on someone else's behalf, you don't know them at all. You're simply speculating. And let me tell ya... YOU ARE WRONG. :thumbsup:

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/bio/

In 1994, the band took a hiatus that led to a breakup. Already there had been defections from the core membership. Drummer Steven Adler was fired in July 1990 for drug-related problems. Drummer Matt Sorum joined a month later, during sessions for Use Your Illusion, and Dizzy Reed – a friend from Guns n’ Roses' club days – joined on keyboards. Izzy Stradlin left in 1991 and was replaced by guitarist Gilby Clarke.

By 1997, the only original remaining member was Rose, and Guns n’ Roses appeared to be history. However, a rather stable if only intermittently active lineup – including keyboardist Reed – has existed under Rose’s leadership since the late Nineties.

Over a period of a decade, Rose and his comrades labored in secrecy on an album entitled Chinese Democracy. In 2008, the long-awaited album finally appeared. It had been two decades since Appetite for Destruction originally ignited the Guns n’ Roses phenomenon. Times had changed, however, and Guns n’ Roses had been so long out of the limelight and Chinese Democracy so long in the making that its arrival was a relative non-event. It entered the Hot 100 at its peak position of Number Three.

While the revamped Guns n’ Roses hasn’t exhibited the earth-shaking impact of the prototype, a fascination with Rose continues to fill arenas on the band’s occasional tours. He has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage on a few occasions. Meanwhile, the other members have pursued solo careers and various group projects, such as Slash’s Snakepit, Izzy Stradlin’s Ju Ju Hounds and Velvet Revolver (which included Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum).

Instead, we have:

Oh, so you actually know that you could be wrong, and you certainly were wrong. Don't ever speak on someone else's behalf, you don't know them at all. You're simply speculating. And let me tell ya... YOU ARE WRONG. :thumbsup:

Seriously dude? How do you know I'm wrong? There's the quote from DJ saying the guys being inducted should be present. I'll do whatever the fuck I want, thanks for the tip though the next time you accuse someone for speculating when you're doing the exact same thing.

So what did you expect DJ to say?

No, they shouldn't play?

That answer is the correct answer to give by all current members of GnR.

You would have to be PR-dumb like Steven and Slash to state anything else.

Or he could, just like Ron and Axl, mention that he DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK.

Instead, we have:

Seriously dude? How do you know I'm wrong? There's the quote from DJ saying the guys being inducted should be present. I'll do whatever the fuck I want, thanks for the tip though the next time you accuse someone for speculating when you're doing the exact same thing.

Ask anyone close to Ron or Tommy if they'd be Axl's toys by any chance. They wouldn't by any means.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Why would the current Guns N' Roses band members care one iota whether Axl attends an award ceremony for past accomplishments and whether he prolongs his grudge with some former members? It has very little bearings on the current lineup and their lives.

People are taking this way too far.

I will charge my phone and try and bring a seperate battery, just hope my phone holds up, I will be on in the morning before I leave

Nice, and thanks :D

Got a separate battery charging now, getting in the shower now and going to get my car, pretty pumped, hoping to meet Duff. I think the guys may be around tonight especially after the BS axl is pulling.

The HOF has been respectful with all the members including Axl.

Yeah. That's why Matt is inducted and Bucket and Finck aren't.

Are you kidding me ?

For what reason would Buckethead and Finck be inducted ?

Gilby Clarke isn't being inducted either. :shrugs:

The HOF has been respectful with all the members including Axl.

Yeah. That's why Matt is inducted and Bucket and Finck aren't.

Are you kidding me ?

For what reason would Buckethead and Finck be inducted ?

Gilby Clarke isn't being inducted either. :shrugs:

Gilby Clarke never contributed to songwriting.