OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilby Clarke never contributed to songwriting.

Songwriting is not the criterion to being inducted. If it was, the HOF should also have inducted Chris Weber, Del James or Paul Tobias... :rolleyes:

Buckethead and Finck had almost zero impact on GN'R history. Only Nu-Guns die-hards care about them. It's sad but that's how it is.

The HOF has been respectful with all the members including Axl.

Yeah. That's why Matt is inducted and Bucket and Finck aren't.

Matt played on a legendary double album. Bucket and Fink didnt play on anything worthy of induction. (no offense)

I fucking love UYI but I also fucking love CD and consider it the evolution of GNR, I don't care about some 'induction' to a supposed hall of fame, who needs that?

Yeah. That's why Matt is inducted and Bucket and Finck aren't.

Are you kidding me ?

For what reason would Buckethead and Finck be inducted ?

Gilby Clarke isn't being inducted either. :shrugs:

Gilby Clarke never contributed to songwriting.

The way I see it, if you are on a GN'R album, you are in.

Sorry DJ Ashba.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are inducting Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons and neither of them contributed to their success. And they got the new guy too. Yet they exclude Jack Sherman and Cliff Martinez.

But some members haven't been respectful to Axl. Besides, we don't know what they were trying to negotiate.

And inducting Axl after they were politely asked not to do it is totally being respectful.

It's been an interesting week in the world of the Guns forums and in general due the RRHOF letter, etc. Sitting back and watching the responses has been genuinely entertaining, entirely predictable, and more than a little sad. Guns N' Roses simultaneously has some of the best and worst fans in the world. This week, the reunionists have shown their true colors, hypocrisy, and what they're all about.

Reunionists: Axl is a petty, selfish, childish asshole who holds grudges for way too long. He needs to get over it because nothing Slash has done could be that bad

My response: is this real life? These are the same people who are calling Axl a "bitch," a "coward," and worse because he won't just do what they want him today. These are the same people who have held a grudge against Axl for 16 years because of him calling his band a certain name, yet they think he's a dick for holding a grudge against someone based on personal issues that may extend to levels that they know nothing about. These are the same people who expect Axl to perform and gladhand with people he doesn't like and would prefer never to see again strictly for their own personal satisfaction. And these are the same people who are vowing never to pay for another dime for concert tickets, albums or merchandise again. Assuming they are actually fans of Gusn/Axl, that means they're going to spite themselves and deprive themselves of a lot of enjoyment/entertainment because Axl won't show up at an awards show (again, that's assuming they're actually fans). Yet Axl is the childish asshole?

Reunionists: Axl doesn't care about his fans, has kept the Guns N' Roses name because he only cares about himself and lining his pockets, and this proves it

My response: so his band puts on three hour concerts (very rare in this day and age) with an elaborate stage setup and pyro show that takes tens of thousands of dollars out of his own pocket every night, when he could play for 90 - 120 minutes with a much simpler setup and make a lot more money for a lot less effort. He largely stays out of the public eye and remains silent. He could've made tens of millions of dollars more than he has in the past 16 years by agreeing to do a reunion tour. All of this adds up to someone who cares nothing about his fans, only the money. Makes sense.

With "fans" like these, who needs haters? I've never seen a more ungrateful bag of degenerate assholes than this faction of "fans." If Axl never performed, never released music and never spoke publicly again, he would still be a driving force behind a band that has provided these people with countless hours of entertainment for a relatively low cost. These people act like they've "earned" something because they've spent countless hours online discussing the band, or because they spent $14 on Chinese Democracy and it didn't live up to their expectations. Give me a break.

I don't think the reunion movement would be as strong if Axl were to have released 3 or 4 new albums over the past twenty years.

That may impact 10-20% of the reunionist crowd but the rest would still be mad

However everyone wishes Axl had released more music. Hopefully we'll hear some this year, at the shows if nothing else

I don't think the reunion movement would be as strong if Axl were to have released 3 or 4 new albums over the past twenty years.

Or if people weren't so selfish and had such a sense of entitlement. He could have released nothing and not toured at all since the band broke up and the fans still have no fucking right to bitch like they do. My goodness, it is embarrassing.

Edited by Gunzen2012

Or if people weren't so selfish and had such a sense of entitlement. He could have released nothing and not toured at all since the band broke up and the fans still have no fucking right to bitch like they do. My goodness, it is embarrassing.

It's really not that bad. Just think how fans would react if Mick Jagger called his solo band The Rolling Stones. It's par for the course that Axl tried to build under the GNR name.

tldr,

but people are just pissed cuz they were waiting for something for 16 years and tonight was the biggest and possibly their last hope. Once its all over people will go back to normal. i think onces its all over people will accept axl will never, ever under any circumstances reconcile with slash for whatever reason. any ounce of hope left was savagely crushed by axl. he certainly smashed my dreams into pieces. :(

but i still love him ;)

It shouldn't be seen as their last hope, and the type of reconciliation Axl and Slash might do will prob. not be anything handled publicly, nor would it lead to Slash as a guest appearance.

People are still waiting for a real Misfits reunion... it's been... 30 years?

But Miles n' Gilby can't play, isn't it? They are not invited in the HOF induction.

I don't think the RRHOF cares anymore. There's no way they will get the publicity of a reunion, so they probably don't care what happens now.

Edited by GNR123GNR456