OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everyone had decided to give their 2 cents worth on all the recent GNR on goings I figured that I would join in.

First off, I still have a hard time understanding why people have such a hard time with the way the RnRHOF went down. I have never understood the need for fans to have their favorite bands music loved by others. This is so odd to me. What is gained by knowing that a bunch of old white men deem that GNR is worthy of being anointed as a "Hall of Fame" act?

Furthermore, it seems that they were mostly inducted based on the merit of AFD. That entire album in my opinion is a pure rock n roll album, it is a gritty, dirty middle finger to society. It was not an album that encouraged one to conform to what society wants. So I find it ironic that everyone is so offended when Axl has the same outlook 25 years later. Axl not showing up was the most rock n roll event of the night. As a fan since early 1988 when my dad bought me AFD, I was neither insulted nor offended by Axl, Izzy or Dizzy not showing up. In fact I did not give two shits.

Since I only post about once a year I'll mention on more thing that pisses me off ( to the three of you that have continued reading this far.) Who cares what Axl or any of the other members wear for clothing? This Kardashian-esque reality TV era outlook is ridiculous. Most posts start off with this non-sense then finally a few things are mentioned about the music. Instead of bitching (like me now) we should all appreciate the fact that this version of GNR is a tight friggin band musically, and that over the past few years we have had ample opportunity to see them live!!

The big winner in the GNR HOF induction actually appears to be Myles Kennedy.

He has largely been praised by most media outlets I have seen for killing it on the night in place of Axl. He still isn't exactly a house hold name, so it seems alot of people were caught off guard by how good he is.

Slash and them definitely made the right decision in playing, and playing well at the show. It could have been a disaster, but they came out smelling like roses (pardon the pun).

Since everyone had decided to give their 2 cents worth on all the recent GNR on goings I figured that I would join in.

First off, I still have a hard time understanding why people have such a hard time with the way the RnRHOF went down. I have never understood the need for fans to have their favorite bands music loved by others. This is so odd to me. What is gained by knowing that a bunch of old white men deem that GNR is worthy of being anointed as a "Hall of Fame" act?

Furthermore, it seems that they were mostly inducted based on the merit of AFD. That entire album in my opinion is a pure rock n roll album, it is a gritty, dirty middle finger to society. It was not an album that encouraged one to conform to what society wants. So I find it ironic that everyone is so offended when Axl has the same outlook 25 years later. Axl not showing up was the most rock n roll event of the night. As a fan since early 1988 when my dad bought me AFD, I was neither insulted nor offended by Axl, Izzy or Dizzy not showing up. In fact I did not give two shits.

Since I only post about once a year I'll mention on more thing that pisses me off ( to the three of you that have continued reading this far.) Who cares what Axl or any of the other members wear for clothing? This Kardashian-esque reality TV era outlook is ridiculous. Most posts start off with this non-sense then finally a few things are mentioned about the music. Instead of bitching (like me now) we should all appreciate the fact that this version of GNR is a tight friggin band musically, and that over the past few years we have had ample opportunity to see them live!!

Great post. I also think that Axl/ Izzy not showing up was one of the coolest things that happened that night.

Just saw a poll on TMZ from today:

The real Guns N' Roses ...

Slash's group

76%

Axl's group

24%

Total Votes: 61,328

not even surprising

Not necessarily surpised, but that is a large margin and 61,000 votes is kind of alot for a simple poll like that.

Says alot I guess about what Axl has done to the GNR brand.

Teddy after already posting that he did not even get an invite now posted this tonight:

Teddy Andreadis

Good One guys,, Not even a .....Thank You.. Jesuzzz!

Teddy Andreadis

Jesuzzzzz!! NOT EVEN A THANK-YOU FROM THE FELLAS.

NICE ONE BOYS!

Edited by gunsguy

Slash's group

76%

Axl's group

24%

not even surprising

Not necessarily surpised, but that is a large margin and 61,000 votes is kind of alot for a simple poll like that.

It says nothing. Sites like that are nothing but shit talkers looking to kick people like Axl when they are down.

Any tweets from Tracey and Roberta yet? :tongue2:

I aint looking for the stuff I just see it and post it :) T and R are at Matt's house discussing thier big contributions to the UYI tour :thumbsup:

BTW if it does not have @ in front of it it is not from twitter. It is 2012 Zint, you need to get up to speed!

Edited by gunsguy

It says nothing. Sites like that are nothing but shit talkers looking to kick people like Axl when they are down.

Every site is a site of shit talkers, this one included, and most of us, myself included are shit talkers from time to time. That's a pretty good sample size and the results say slightly more than 3 out of 4 people associate Gn'R more with the instrumentalist (primarily) side of original Gn'R than the vocalist (primarily) side. If not that site then what site? Should we poll Nobel Laureates instead?

Any tweets from Tracey and Roberta yet? :tongue2:

I aint looking for the stuff I just see it and post it :) T and R are at Matt's house discussing thier big contributions to the UYI tour :thumbsup:

Between Tracey and Roberta, I would say they made six big contributions, and two of those were their hair-dos.

Slash's group

76%

Axl's group

24%

not even surprising

the site may not be saying much, but 61,000+ sure as hell does.

Slash's group

76%

Axl's group

24%

not even surprising

the site may not be saying much, but 61,000+ sure as hell does.

Perhaps yes and perhaps no, anyone can vote as many times as they like in ANY online poll. Makes it hard to know who voted for what really.

The proof is in where people play and how many fans show up. For Guns the USA market is cold everywhere else they are red hot.

Edited by gunsguy

Damn, I finally broke down and subjected myself to these "performances". My eardrums still haven't forgiven me.

I guess I'll stick with the new band and a singer that couldn't sound that shitty on his worst day.

I was really surprised to see Slash fuck up SCOM though, looks like the drugs weren't the things effecting his performance 20 years ago.

He did an A+ job of making DJ look decent. I don't think that was his intention, but I never thought that would be possible either. :shrugs:

Oh well, like the song says, "I already left you and you're better off left behind".

Glad it's over.

Damn, I finally broke down and subjected myself to these "performances". My eardrums still haven't forgiven me.

I guess I'll stick with the new band and a singer that couldn't sound that shitty on his worst day.

I was really surprised to see Slash fuck up SCOM though, looks like the drugs weren't the things effecting his performance 20 years ago.

He did an A+ job of making DJ look decent. I don't think that was his intention, but I never thought that would be possible either. :shrugs:

Oh well, like the song says, "I already left you and you're better off left behind".

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

He messed up twice. There's no way in hell that I'm listening to it again to find the exact times for you, but if you like it, feel free. They're kind of hard not to notice.

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

He messed up twice. There's no way in hell that I'm listening to it again to find the exact times for you, but if you like it, feel free. They're kind of hard not to notice.

after watching again, he messed up once after he kicks in the wah. big deal. some people sayn he messed up on the 2nd solo where he did that harmonic, that was intentional and he does that all the time in shows these days. even if he made several mistakes, id take the guy who can write solos like scom over some dude like ashba. i also remember Ashba failing real hard when he first joined GNR, forget what song but the bends were out of tune and everything. really bad. everyone makes mistake, but only a few can write timeless music.

edit: think he missed a whole 2-3 notes

Edited by cliffburton

Glad it's over.

where did he mess up?

Slash=guitar god

Sorry, you losecool.gif