Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

• Please log in to reply
2122 replies to this topic

Birk

Birk

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • 20-October 03
http://rockhall.com/ 4/14/12 Time TBD

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum‎
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44114
(216) 781-7625

Posted Image

It would be cool to see whos actually going, i am going, i am driving by myself from Chicago. ALL near hotels have been sold out for a while, i bought a room last month @
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
1100 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland, OH 1.1 mi SE
(216) 658-6400 ‎

That was the closest about a mile away, hoping members that are going can meet up before hand and set something up, i heard alot of the bands hang at The Ritz Carlton, so i plan on going there for sure...See ya there! Also, i will be in Section 54, Row L.

*Gunsguy edit* for the people who missed it:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by gunsguy, 15 April 2012 - 11:36 AM.

The truth is the truth hurts, dont you agree

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • 17-April 08
Wished I could go...

Might be useful to put the date/time in the first post...

Edited by CoBrA2168, 11 March 2012 - 10:59 PM.

DaneisKing1389

DaneisKing1389

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • 11-February 06
I'm section 44 or 48, I don't remember. I bought two, but a buddy of mine has four, so I might see if I can bum two and get better seats if I can. His sister works for some ticketing thing here so he got them pretty quick and for cheap.

No hotel here, as I live about 35 minutes away.

Edited by DaneisKing1389, 11 March 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,540 posts
  • 17-February 06
Blew the money I'd set aside to do the RNRHOF on the Terminal 5/Ritz shows, and now I'm seeing Tommy solo on the same day as the induction. I'm happy with my decisions :)

Best of luck to anyone still looking for tickets/hotels though. Never had a bad experience in a hotel in Cleveland other than when I stayed in an Econolodge outside downtown. Should have known it'd be sketchy from the barbed wire fence around the parking lot... <_<

Edited by Powerage5, 11 March 2012 - 11:29 PM.

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

DaneisKing1389

DaneisKing1389

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • 11-February 06

Blew the money I'd set aside to do the RNRHOF on the Terminal 5/Ritz shows, and now I'm seeing Tommy solo on the same day as the induction. I'm happy with my decisions :)

Best of luck to anyone still looking for tickets/hotels though. Never had a bad experience in a hotel in Cleveland other than when I stayed in an Econolodge outside downtown. Should have known it'd be sketchy from the barbed wire fence around the parking lot... <_<

Probably lucky you left with both kidneys, unless...

Nah, it's not that bad. Sketchy hotels/motels are sketchy everywhere. Pretty sure the room I saw in San Diego had blood stains on the carpet. I got my money back and stayed elsewhere.

Edited by DaneisKing1389, 11 March 2012 - 11:51 PM.

Birk

Birk

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • 20-October 03

Wished I could go...

Might be useful to put the date/time in the first post...

Is the date really necessary? And the time and schedule is still unknown actually,
im curious as if they will be selling alcohol during the whole ceremony, i would assume so, but i have never been there before.
Also, i was told it holds about 11,000 people, but with all the tables and stuff setup maybe 10,000

Edited by Birk, 12 March 2012 - 07:27 AM.

PITBOSS

PITBOSS

DEMI-GOD

• SILVER
  • 1,298 posts
  • 05-January 12
Cheers to all you lucky folks that are going. Guns, Chili peppers, and Beasties should be pretty fun. Who is gonna do the updates?

Lines&Noses

Lines&Noses

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 25-June 08

Cheers to all you lucky folks that are going. Guns, Chili peppers, and Beasties should be pretty fun. Who is gonna do the updates?

I would sell a kidney to see the show if the orignal line up were playing but, if as seems likely, they are not I will give it a miss.

Really hope that I don't end up regretting it, actually scratch that I hope they play even if I'm not there just so long as there is same A grade video :-)
Seems all our heroes were born to loose

k12

k12

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 17-November 11
most likely going, making a trip from 9 hours away, if I hear certain things that some members will definitely not be attending and there is no chance for a mini reunion I will probably be motivated to sell my tickets, other then that I am going

Birk

Birk

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • 20-October 03

most likely going, making a trip from 9 hours away, if I hear certain things that some members will definitely not be attending and there is no chance for a mini reunion I will probably be motivated to sell my tickets, other then that I am going

I may do the same, and i could use the money i paid alot but we will see what happens, i just bought a house lol

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts
  • 01-October 11

I'm doing a 9-hour drive myself, staying at a hotel near the airport and taking in everything - the free concert on Thursday, Duff's HOB event on Friday, and the induction on Saturday. Even if there is no performance by GNR, just seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage will be memorable. And there will be so many great musicians in attendance, the closing jam alone will be worth the trip.

This jam from 2004 is one of my favorites, it can't get more bad ass than Prince turning and walking away immediately after throwing his guitar straight in the air ... and the thing never came down. For those that are interested, the closing guitar solo begins around the 3:30 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence, 12 March 2012 - 11:38 PM.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 15,343 posts
  • 04-November 06

I'm doing a 9-hour drive myself, staying at a hotel near the airport and taking in everything - the free concert on Thursday, Duff's HOB event on Friday, and the induction on Saturday. Even if there is no performance by GNR, just seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage will be memorable. And there will be so many great musicians in attendance, the closing jam alone will be worth the trip.

This jam from 2004 is one of my favorites, it can't get more bad ass than Prince turning and walking away immediately after throwing his guitar straight in the air ... and the thing never came down. For those that are interested, the closing guitar solo begins around the 3:30 PM start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

that video never gets less epic.

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,739 posts
  • 12-January 05

Who is gonna do the updates?

Matt Sorum, apparently.

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11
http://ktar.com/38/1...-Roses-reunion-

The million-selling hard rock group enters the Rock Hall in Cleveland on April 14, an event at which honored acts often perform as part of the celebration. But the group's original lineup fell apart in 1996, so fans hoping to see the band reunite may be disappointed.

"It's definitely an honor and I have no idea what's going to happen on that day," Slash told The Associated Press in an interview. "It's more like going into it with blinders on and just see what happens."

Just the same ol' same ol' <_<

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

Don't you think they would want it to be a surprise thats why they keep having the same answers on it whenever they get asked that question.

They hardly talk about it. They give a couple answers and that's it. No one knows what's going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users