Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

• Please log in to reply
2122 replies to this topic

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,512 posts
  • 28-January 11
Why you idiots are talkin' about BBA? And then moderators wonder why threads are derailed.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,023 posts
  • 12-December 08
Just to summarize the situation as it stand now:

Axl does not want to let the fans down, according to himself. Whether that includes performing with former members or just being there, is unclear from what he has said, but it'd be pretty surprising if he ever got up on stage with Slash again. At the same time, Duff, Slash and Matt apparently intend to attend and want to play, because they are happy to play with anyone as long as there's an audience. Steven wants to play even more -- more than anyone in the whole wide world! -- and is pissed at Axl for not being clear about his intentions, going as far as to lash out at the current band members, calling them "hacks" and then, regretting that, calling them "scabs" instead. Izzy, on the other hand, who, according to Slash, is true to his nature and intends to be absent, is not getting much criticism from anyone, although right now it looks like he is the one who is most clearly preventing the AFD lineup from performing. And in the meantime poor Dizzy, who is also inducted, is completely forgotten by all.

Gonna be fun!

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

sleeper

sleeper

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts
  • 14-December 08

Axl does not want to let the fans down, according to himself. Whether that includes performing with former members or just being there, is unclear from what he has said, but it'd be pretty surprising if he ever got up on stage with Slash again. At the same time, Duff, Slash and Matt apparently intend to attend and want to play, because they are happy to play with anyone as long as there's an audience. Steven wants to play even more -- more than anyone in the whole wide world! -- and is pissed at Axl for not being clear about his intentions, going as far as to lash out at the current band members, calling them "hacks" and then, regretting that, calling them "scabs" instead. Izzy, on the other hand, who, according to Slash, is true to his nature and intends to be absent, is not getting much criticism from anyone, although right now it looks like he is the one who is most clearly preventing the AFD lineup from performing. And in the meantime poor Dizzy, who is also inducted, is completely forgotten by all.

Gonna be fun!

I think you've got it! Especially the Izzy part.

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11
Always so much drama in the GnR world (at least in my mind).

It's like a soap that writes itself! XD

Edited by KiraMPD, 07 April 2012 - 09:31 AM.

"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,512 posts
  • 28-January 11

Gonna be fun!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

...And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Posted Image

GnR Chris

GnR Chris

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 05-December 10

You are sincerely the best rock band in the history of the world.

I think that title belongs to Zepplin or The Stones but GN'R is still up there.

Nah. GNR is better. Don't bother "correcting me" on my opinion either :)

I completely agree with you. Guns N' Roses is the greatest rock and roll band ever.

Young_Gun

Young_Gun

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts
  • 03-March 08

Why you idiots are talkin' about BBA? And then moderators wonder why threads are derailed.

BBA wrote the open letter in the newspaper. He does have some relevance to the thread.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,512 posts
  • 28-January 11

BBA wrote the open letter in the newspaper. He does have some relevance to the thread.

And who is BBA? I don't care, you care?

Posted Image

Young_Gun

Young_Gun

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts
  • 03-March 08

And who is BBA? I don't care, you care?

We both care to an extent. Otherwise you would not be complaining about BBA being spoken about in this very thread and I would not have had a conversation about him with fellow members here. If you really did not care, you would not post about him at all.

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,641 posts
  • 15-July 03

I don't know why people are so surprised at this letter. There are tons of fans who would love a reunion; this person just put it in an open letter in hopes that his pleas won't fall on deaf ears. I think people here are more riled up because it's supposedly BBA's letter. He must be on his 325th username by now if he still posts here. :lol:

I guess we'll just have to wait until April 14th and see what happens.

The forum has went through an interesting change over the last year.

So welcome back. But make sure to never praise the original band, don't say anything about Axl not releasing music, and make sure your posts are 100% positive about everything Axl does, or this new group of forum members will go on the attack against you in every post you do!

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,641 posts
  • 15-July 03

I would like to see Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, Gilby Clarke, and Robin Finck show up.

I'll trade you a reanimated West Arkeen,and Izzy to leave Gilby out.

Wasn't that Arkeen who was playing the acoustic guitar in the video where Axl sings part of Yesterdays? I think they are sitting at a bar.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts
  • 28-April 11
How are you guys so sure it's BBA?

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

shotgunblues1978

shotgunblues1978

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • 21-August 08
Here's the guy who wrote the letter

Posted Image]

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11

Wasn't that Arkeen who was playing the acoustic guitar in the video where Axl sings part of Yesterdays? I think they are sitting at a bar.

Yup.

Adorable.
"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11

The Bipolar tag was denied in the chats.

You cannot convince me that BBA's behavior,nor the lengths he goes to,simply to berate and degrade GNR aren't the habits of an obsessed,psychopath.

Axl was diagnosed bipolar. He just doesn't believe it. http://www.heretoday...php?articleid=2

A psychopath? He fits 5 out of 20 of the symptoms at best. http://www.conductdi...-reading-21305/

Actually in that interview Axl doesn't say he doesn't believe he's bipolar, what he says is the bipolar medication doesn't help with the stress.

And yeah why the fuck are we talking about this BBA guy so much. You folks DO realize all this attention you are giving him is only encouraging him to continue what he's been doing, don't ya?

Doctors don't put you on bipolar medication if you weren't diagnosed as bipolar. I'm saying Axl doesn't believe it because he denied being bipolar in the chats.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users