Do you want a classic line-up Reunion?

rudolf1978

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like a reunion if Axl could get his voice back in shape and sing like he used to. No more mickey mouse or helium voice. Of course Axl denies ever wanting a reunion. Until slash and other members apologize to him for whatever he thinks wronged him he will never forgive and allow a reunion. It is real sad. I think Axl is ocd about whatever happened that hurt his feelings.

Success probably fueled the destruction of the band. Lawyers and business people's greed probably caused the breakup of the band more than anything. It is sad but that seems to be the main cause in my mind.

The breakup between Axl and Slash must have been real bad to hold a grudge like this for so long. Personally I think Axl trying to turn the rest of the band into hired guns probably was a big issue. Now if that is not the case then the GNR name should have been shared equally instead of Axl owning the name. Just a thought.

If Axl would have took an interest in Slash's first snake pit album soon enough before he got a singer GNR may still be around. Who knows.

I believe Axl firing Gilby Clark without Slash's input was another reason for Slashes departure. Slash has stated that he had troubles writing with guitarists that Axl wanted him to play with. Slash found Gilby after Izzy left. Gilby was someone slash could write with. Axl fired him and got Paul Tobias an old friend of his to play in place of Gilby. Now to top it off Paul goes and copies one of Slashes solos on a recording and replaces with his version in the studio. Slash is then pissed.

Tobias is known to have worked and recorded with Guns N' Roses in 1996, when the band started working on their sixth studio album. His role in the band was not clarified publicly at the time. According to Rose, this was due to the uncertainty on whether Tobias would eventually be featured on the record and subsequent tours as a rhythm guitarist. While former band members Slash and drummer Matt Sorum have publicly stated that Tobias' involvement strengthened their respective decisions to resign from Guns N' Roses, Rose has stood by his associate.

"The public gets a different story from the other guys - Slash, Duff, Matt - who have their own agendas. The original intentions between Paul and myself were that Paul was going to help me for as long as it took to get this thing together in whatever capacity that he could help me in. So when he first was brought into this, he was brought in as a writer to work with Slash."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tobias

Edited by rocker rockstar

• 4 weeks later...

I voted no! I would like to see them do something at the HOF. But I would rather Slash continue on his present musical path. He is sober and happy.

That is not related to the subject. If you think he was not sober because of the evil Axl there's obviously something wrong with your mind. And what Slash does now isn't even 1/10th of the quality and level he achieved in GNR so I don't understand why you prefer it unless you're deaf.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

no, it would be cheap and boring and digressive and embarassing and kinda sad to watch. They are not the same people anymore, chemistry has to be nutured or it dies, they're musicians who have gone off in different directions, to come together now would just be cheap.

Whatever NuGuns is or isn't, i wanna see where it goes because when all the bullshit dies down, Chinese Democracy, in my opinion, was a good album. Granted, it weren't The White Album or Nevermind the Bollocks but it was a good album and an interesting album and i'd like to see where they'll go from there.

I'm only for reunions if there's unfinished business like there was with The Stone Roses or The Sex Pistols. Otherwise move forward. Move forward or die.

Edited by sugaraylen

Whatever NuGuns is or isn't, i wanna see where it goes because when all the bullshit dies down, Chinese Democracy, in my opinion, was a good album. Granted, it weren't The White Album or Nevermind the Bollocks but it was a good album and an interesting album and i'd like to see where they'll go from there.

That's why I want an 02 lineup reunion.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, reunion is the only chance for us fans to get a good new album to listen to.

The Afd and 'use your illusion' were the sum of very different material, some written in the early 80's. I don't expect Axl or Slash or Izzy or Duff to write anything decent on their own.

Does Axl really think that Chinese Democracy is the successful result of 10 years of well-used creativity? Does Slash really think that he can play the solo guitar without decent song and vocals to stick to?

But it is a matter of self-honesty and humility now.

Edited by Vincennes

no, it would be cheap and boring and digressive and embarassing and kinda sad to watch. They are not the same people anymore, chemistry has to be nutured or it dies, they're musicians who have gone off in different directions, to come together now would just be cheap.

I think it depends, really. Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith reunited with Iron Maiden, and many people would say the reunion albums are better than the classic ones. :)