Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

why haven't they talked about it? I think this will literally be a walk on, walk off event and go their separate ways.

I get a feeling that most fans that are desperate to see them back together are going to be disappointed, just because there on stage together doesn't mean they actually want to be there. Will the whole thing look awkward?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

They ARE gonna blame Axl. That's a fact.

Because it is his fault they aren't playing.

The whole world knows the 6 other guys would be fine playing a few songs, but Axl is the one who won't participate. He will take some flack for it, and rightfully so.

why haven't they talked about it? I think this will literally be a walk on, walk off event and go their separate ways.

I get a feeling that most fans that are desperate to see them back together are going to be disappointed, just because there on stage together doesn't mean they actually want to be there. Will the whole thing look awkward?

I think this exactly, it's all going to be a major letdown for those fans who have their heart set on them having any kind of interaction.

Even if all of the original 5 sub-consciously want to meet and make up, I honestly think that they are all too proud to make the first move.

Sad and pathetic, but true.

See below.

The whole world knows the 6 other guys would be fine playing a few songs, but Axl is the one who won't participate. He will take some flack for it, and rightfully so.

Then why is it Slash that is shooting down any chance?

Axl isn't the one that said they had no chance of playing now, is he?

That's what I thought.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

See below.

That's what I thought.

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

See below.

That's what I thought.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes though. Slash may be the one to say publicly they're not going to play but who knows why that is or if someone in particular is stopping it. Could be Axl, could be Slash, could be Duff or Izzy who's said no privately and stopped it. It's disappointing they're not going to play but we can't categorically blame one person because we don't know for sure.

+1

At least Slash had the courtesy to confirm it ahead of time instead of leaving us in the dark. If Axl had no intention of doing so, he should have made it loud and clear during either the EddieTrunk interview, or the LA Times interview.

Can you imagine Axl being like, "Hey guys, what happened, happened, but tonight, just for old times sake, let's blast out Jungle for the fans." with the others replying "Naw man, I'm not really feeling it."?? I knew a performance wasn't likely, but Axl should have just said so to begin with instead of leaving the door open.

Realistically, if Axl was down to do it, it would happen. He is the hold up here. All because of a stupid 16 year old pissing contest.

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

According to his own words, Axl never said that he didn't want to. It's pretty hard for Axl to have said that to him when they haven't talked.

Slash is saying they won't play because he doesn't want to.

Slash did this on his own. Put blame where it belongs for once.

According to his own words, Axl never said that he didn't want to. It's pretty hard for Axl to have said that to him when they haven't talked.

Slash is saying they won't play because he doesn't want to.

Slash did this on his own. Put blame where it belongs for once.

Yeah, I'm sure Slash is the one holding up a performance... :rolleyes:

That's what I thought.

The bit I'm focusing on is...

“And we’re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we’re not playing.

What does that even mean?! Who is the "us" they asked if you are ambiguous about whether or not they asked you? You know you're not playing because that was partially you're decision or did someone tell you you can't/won't play?

Am I just reading into it too much? It seems like a weird thing to say. If he had said, “And we’re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we’re not playing.” it would have been a much more clear-cut answer.

Edited by KiraMPD

No, you're not sure of a damn thing. rolleyes.gif

I, however, am sure that you are looking for the same scapegoat that you like to blame everything on.

Axl doesn't control what Slash says. No matter how much you would love to believe otherwise.

That's what I thought.

“And we’re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we’re not playing.

What does that even mean?! Who is the "us" they asked if you are ambiguous about whether or not they asked you? You know you're not playing because that was partially you're decision or did someone tell you you can't/won't play?

Am I just reading into it too much? It seems like a weird thing to say...

I think it's just weirdly/badly written...."I could be positive Steven will be there" is also odd sounding.

No, you're not sure of a damn thing. rolleyes.gif

I, however, am sure that you are looking for the same scapegoat that you like to blame everything on.

Axl doesn't control what Slash says. No matter how much you would love to believe otherwise.

No, but I'm sure Axl does decide whether or not they perform. Who is the one that went on a rant of hatred about a reunion and Slash and such just 3 years ago? Gee, I wonder who wasn't willing to do it...

Slash was being straight forward to the fans and telling them how it is, after months of speculation. The only decision he made was to inform us of what is up. That's to be commended, not criticized.

Edited by BS11290

No, but I'm sure Axl does decide whether or not they perform. Who is the one that went on a rant of hatred about a reunion and Slash and such just 3 years ago? Gee, I wonder who wasn't willing to do it...

Slash was being straight forward to the fans and telling them how it is, after months of speculation. The only decision he made was to inform us of what is up. That's to be commended, not criticized.

It's to be commended that he is shooting down any chance of a performance without talking to any other members of the band first???

Whatever.

That's what I thought.

Am I just reading into it too much? It seems like a weird thing to say...

I think it's just weirdly/badly written...."I could be positive Steven will be there" is also odd sounding.

You know people in real conversations don't tend to carefully word every sentence to be grammatically correct?

1) He obviously means that the HOF would have asked Guns to play, but that he knows they are not going to.

2) He knows Steven would die before he'd pass this up.