SPOILER: All Slash Samples Here

Turn_It_Up

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you get the same predictable thing. Aerosmith on steroids

And that's a bad thing??!...

There's bands/guitarists out there that would kill to write a single song that fitted that description. By the sounds of some of these clips, Slash is going back to a sound that comes very easy to him

LA

twist it any way you want, and yet Myles is still and always will be a great singer and guitarist. I would never kid about that. :xmasschef:

He's better as a guitarist, can't stand his voice.

doesn't make it any less outstanding. Besides, for every single singer on this earth, there's somebody somewhere that doesn't like him/her...

Edited by moreblack

twist it any way you want, and yet Myles is still and always will be a great singer and guitarist. I would never kid about that. :xmasschef:

He's better as a guitarist, can't stand his voice.

doesn't make it any less outstanding. Besides, for every single singer on this earth, there's somebody somewhere that doesn't like him/her...

Can someone put them back up on youtube the other video has being removed.

Samples are killer , album sounds as promising of a album that has come out in a long while in the world of rock of roll , there's some metal tunes, pure rock tunes, killerr sloer tunes and some fast hard rock, a fusion of everything , plus Slash kicking the guitars ass on anastasia, should be well worth the wait, youre a lie is a badass riff walking number , rest of the album will have plenty of slash ripping the solos, be well worth the wait

it's like Amazon fucked up and put them up too soon or something

That's what I've been thinking. Was pretty shocked they showed up 2 months before the release date and he's only playing 1 new track at his live shows.

Seemed like a weird, but welcomed gift that they appeared. Maybe it's for the better since we got a taste of them all, but won't burn ourselves out too far in advance. :tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Glad I heard the samples, but I won't be listening to any more clips, leaks or individual songs until I can spin the album in its entirety.

The samples gave me a taste of the albums overall vibe (sounds like a well produced rock n roll record), but there's still a lot to look forward to (I have a feeling there will be some great guitar solos on this album)

LA

Myles is the problem.

that can never be.

But it actually is.

Myles is good vocalists and really shines in Alter Bridge, but with Slash he is so-so. And some tracks he is great (By The Sword, Nothing to Say, Been There Lately) on others he is plain horrible, maybe he is forced to sing those tunes (or he wants ) but he shouldn't do it. Maybe he isn't so versatile after all as he sounds horrible on majority of samples.

Myles is the problem.

that can never be.

But it actually is.

Myles is good vocalists and really shines in Alter Bridge, but with Slash he is so-so. And some tracks he is great (By The Sword, Nothing to Say, Been There Lately) on others he is plain horrible, maybe he is forced to sing those tunes (or he wants ) but he shouldn't do it. Maybe he isn't so versatile after all as he sounds horrible on majority of samples.

no it ACTUALLY isn't. in your opinion it is. one that clearly not everyone shares. I love Myles with this band because I get some hints of his Mayfield Four style which was amazing. I think getting to hear that when not with AB is awesome.

Myles isn't the singer for a guy like Slash.

It's like a dying cat most of the times.

Let Todd sing, the guy is amazing.

He sounds great in those ballad-type songs but in heavy songs he doesn't sound that good. Dying cat or guy with no balls could be the best to describe it.

Agreed on Todd, his voice is amazing.

Not saying that Myles is a bad singer, but after hearing some of these samples his voice doesn't suit the music that Slash plays. Sure, Myles is a gifted singer, and many people including myself would give a lot to have his voice, but unfortunately for him his voice sounds good on the lighter side of rock. I thought he sounded brilliantly on songs like Back in Cali, Stardust, Patience, the ending of Rocket Queen, Sweet Child O' Mine, you know songs like that. However, his voice doesn't go with the harder side of rock, so songs like Nightrain, Nothing To Say, Slither, Sucker Train Blues,etc...