SPOILER: All Slash Samples Here

Turn_It_Up

Anastasia is probably the one song that everyone wants to hear for sure. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. The preview sounds sweet.

No More Heroes and Not For Me sounds promising too.

The rest of them didn't really catch me though, but I hope the record proves me wrong :thumbsup:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No More Heroes and Anastasia sound very promising...I couldn't really tell many of the others apart...definitely not as diverse as the previous album, but I think there's going to be some good stuff on there...

also that little chunk of No More Heroes made me think of Sweet Child for some reason...

I agree with this (anas. plus no more heroes sound good).

However the rest of the songs sound very generic and weak to me. Not impressed with the choruses

Sound like cliche, solid but nowhere near great CD. I don't know how one could hope for something better. Slash loves such music know how to write 3-4min rock tune ann sin't venturing out of his comfort zone. Majority of songs sounds the same, there would be 2-3 bigger songs but nothing spectacular. It's Slash in GN'R he had Axl and Izzy to polish songs, add something new and he was obviously pushed to his limits, the same with VR that's why I like VR a lot Scott wasn't "yes-man" and it showed especially on first CD but I am one of few who liked second one better anyway. His solo carrer (bar few songs liek By The Sword ) and Snakepit are generic rock songs (but Snakepit was much more fun , songwriting was tight and it had that dirty blues feel to it).

Slash is much better pushed out of his comfort zone but Myles is not a guy to do that and BTW on some tracks he sounds AWFUL (and I'm big AB and Myles fan).

Sound like cliche, solid but nowhere near great CD. I don't know how one could hope for something better. Slash loves such music know how to write 3-4min rock tune ann sin't venturing out of his comfort zone. Majority of songs sounds the same, there would be 2-3 bigger songs but nothing spectacular. It's Slash in GN'R he had Axl and Izzy to polish songs, add something new and he was obviously pushed to his limits, the same with VR that's why I like VR a lot Scott wasn't "yes-man" and it showed especially on first CD but I am one of few who liked second one better anyway. His solo carrer (bar few songs liek By The Sword ) and Snakepit are generic rock songs (but Snakepit was much more fun , songwriting was tight and it had that dirty blues feel to it).

Slash is much better pushed out of his comfort zone but Myles is not a guy to do that and BTW on some tracks he sounds AWFUL (and I'm big AB and Myles fan).

I think we should wait and hear all the songs in their entirety before making a final judgement. If anyone was expecting an experimental album then you were always going to be disappointed. It was pretty clear from all the interviews he has given that this was going to be a straight up rock n roll record. I don't particularly have a problem with that, because it is one thing that is severely lacking in the music industry today. We have plenty of pop/rnb/hip hop/dance/dubstep on one side and plenty of grindcore/metalcore shredders on the other. We need more blues based rock n roll to balance it out.

I also much prefer Contraband to Libertad. Libertad was way too watered down, whereas Contraband (musically) was much better. Was never a big fan of Scott Weliand in VR. He was their weak link in my opinion. Myles is a much better singer.

Edited by Original GNR

I agree with all this.

I actually think that the first snake pit album was very good, and would have been a fine GNR record with

Axl singing on it. The second snake pit album for me was a complete disaster, with a very cheesy and eighties orientated

sound that GNR never had, and slash never had until that album. This new album unfort. sounds like the second snake pit album :/

I'm also really not a fan of the production on this record, or on Slash's last album. It sounds very compressed and the drums sound a bit

artificial.

Some of it sounds very good indeed. Some sounds ok. A small part sounds a bit ordinary.

Looking forward to hearing the full songs, and the solos.

3 songs are 5mins plus. Looking forward to hearing where those go

(Back in 2004, I remember listening to the Contraband snippets on Amazon. After hearing snippets of Sucketrain Blues, Do It For the Kids, Big Machine, Illegal Eye.... I knew we were in for a blistering album. This one, I'm a little more on the fence. But open-minded all the same)

LA

Edited by LA_0013

Orginal GnR what are you talking about I´m also fine with record being straight up rock n roll but how in the hell we are lacking blues oriented rock n roll ( and Slash left blues long time ago both VR his first solo record and this are modern sounding he isn't using blues tunings etc ) ? Jack White, Black Keys,Graveyard,Parlor Mob to name a few. There are many amazing acts that pay real blues rock. I know that Slash has a lot of charm and nostalgia but he is not rock n roll saviour not even close. There a lot of great rock n rolls band running circles around Slash material. And maybe Libertad was a little watered down but still I listen to Messages(though it wasn't on album) Let it Roll,Get Out The Door,Last Fight,Mary Mary and Gravedancer from time to time and off Contraband I only care qbout Slither. And of course that Myles is better singer but Scott has his own style and is much much better songwriter his melodies are awesome and owns Myles as far as stage presence and showmanship is concerned.

And of course that Myles is better singer but Scott has his own style and is much much better songwriter his melodies are awesome and owns Myles as far as stage presence and showmanship is concerned.

Myles may be a better singer techinaly but his voice is really starting to grate on me. I presonaly prefered Scotts voice which was more soulfull imo.

Having listened to some of the clips (something I usually refrain from doing but what the heck!) I think the album will have a good overall groove but I'll reserve full judgement until may.

Think the last album was better overall, but Anastasia, Standing In The Sun, We Will Roam, No More Heros, Bad Rain and Shots Fired look promising. :)

On the other hand... One Last Thrill, Apocalyptic Love, Halo and, specially, Hard N Fast seem to be really shitty. Hard N' Fast sounds like a gospel band doing a punk song. With so many frontmans out there, why did you have to take Mr. Eunuch? Why Slash? Myle's voice is too soft for hard rock.

It's impossible to tell anything from 30 seconds. To those slating the clips, at least give Slash the courtesy of listening to the songs in their entirety before dismissing them.

Well if you can't tell anything from the 30 second clips, shouldn't the people praising it have reason for pause as well?

Besides, if nothing can be determined from 30 second clips, why do so many artists and music retailers offer them?

Halo, We Will Roam, Anastasia, and Not For Me stood out the most from those samples. The rest I'll wait for the album to form an opinion. I didn't warm to You're A Lie right away but after hearing it live the other day I'm sold. Very much looking forward to this album!