SPOILER: All Slash Samples Here

Turn_It_Up

:/ Slash does need to be pushed. Even on the first solo record he was pushed to make something the singers he wanted liked, but this is just his usual aerosmith on steroids stuff. There's clearly a difference between this, and his material with guns or even velvet revolver. I thought VR had a pretty unique sound, and slash was doing some really interesting things on guitar. This stuff reminds me of one of the reviews for Chinese Democracy, where there writer said Axl wasn't necessarily trying to innovate, but perfect a sound he has been chasing in his head. That's what Slash seems bent on doing, but unfortunately the sound he's chasing has been done before, by himself, and done better. The choice of singer helps nothing either.

Slash's best hopes are a Guns reunion, or VR with Scott or Corey Taylor, all of which rather unlikely.

so, according to you...his 'usual sound' was done by him once? on the second snakepit album!? ha, hardly a usual sound then.

Frankly, you expect the man to reinvent the wheel with every release? Who is he? Buckethead??

He is a rock n roll, blues guitarist. He does aerosmith type music. Thats what he does. He's been fucking around trying not to do it for a while now, but he does the aersomith stuff the best. WHats the problem with producing what youre good at?

Does anybody complain that AC/DC are not delivering? because they always release the same album - so do aerosmith - and does anybody complain when eric clapton brings out another blues album?

How about when BB King releases another blues album?

DOES ANYBODY SAY THAT BB KING IS NOT DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING ON THE GUITAR AND SAY ITS THE SAME OLD STUFF WHEN BB KING RELEASES AN ALBUM?

No??

Why not?

Because thats what BB King does.

Slash is a rock n roll guitarist. Thats what he does.

Jesus ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8I3xt__yk

here are the samples, since amazon are gay have taken them down.Enjoy.

*standing ovation*

+1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:/ Slash does need to be pushed. Even on the first solo record he was pushed to make something the singers he wanted liked, but this is just his usual aerosmith on steroids stuff. There's clearly a difference between this, and his material with guns or even velvet revolver. I thought VR had a pretty unique sound, and slash was doing some really interesting things on guitar. This stuff reminds me of one of the reviews for Chinese Democracy, where there writer said Axl wasn't necessarily trying to innovate, but perfect a sound he has been chasing in his head. That's what Slash seems bent on doing, but unfortunately the sound he's chasing has been done before, by himself, and done better. The choice of singer helps nothing either.

Slash's best hopes are a Guns reunion, or VR with Scott or Corey Taylor, all of which rather unlikely.

so, according to you...his 'usual sound' was done by him once? on the second snakepit album!? ha, hardly a usual sound then.

Frankly, you expect the man to reinvent the wheel with every release? Who is he? Buckethead??

He is a rock n roll, blues guitarist. He does aerosmith type music. Thats what he does. He's been fucking around trying not to do it for a while now, but he does the aersomith stuff the best. WHats the problem with producing what youre good at?

Does anybody complain that AC/DC are not delivering? because they always release the same album - so do aerosmith - and does anybody complain when eric clapton brings out another blues album?

DOES ANYBODY SAY THAT BB KING IS NOT DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING ON THE GUITAR AND SAY ITS THE SAME OLD STUFF WHEN BB KING RELEASES AN ALBUM?

No??

Why not?

Jesus ...

*standing ovation*

+1

+2

From what i've heard i like the sound,more groovy tone,i can't judge at all of course cause is just samples,myles sounds ok,lets wait and see.I don't know what most of you expect to hear from this album but mine expectations are not in the higher level,we know who slash is and what kind of music likes to creating,so if you're expecting the special experiment sound maybe you will be dissapointed somehow.

*No More Heroes sounds like a gameboy game soundtrack. :laugh:

*One Last Thrill has stucked in my head already! rock4 rock2 rock3 rock1

Edited by Majestic Beast

You cant really tell from 30 second samples, but the record has the makings to be great. Halo is a bad ass motherfucking riff, one of slashs best ever ! I m not gonna judge from what Ive heard but everything sounds fantastic, cant wait till may 22 . Sounds like Rock N roll is fucking back and ive been waiting for a long time

slash can still make awesome music, but he needs two important things:

slash needs a singer. i mean, a good one.

he also needs a rythm guitarist who would help him in the songwriting.

in Myles he got both in one shot. :xmasschef2:

That he did. Myles was even lead guitarist and effectively sole songwriter in his band prior to Alter Bridge, The Mayfield Four. Not really known outside of his fans, but great stuff.

yep, I kinda wish he still busted out some Mayfield Four tunes again in some capacity. Be it a solo show or with Slash or AB.

I saw him headline an acoustic benefit show a couple of years ago where he did mars hotel, Eden and white flag. Absolutely stunning. There are bids on YouTube. It was called bofest.

Whenever he gets a chance to release his solo album he wants a window of time to do an acoustic tour. I'll pay good money for that!!

No??

Why not?

Jesus ...

For his time, B.B. King was innovative. And no, no one says B.B. King is not interesting because he gets a free pass because he's B.B. King. Aerosmith and AC/DC get passes because they're Dinosaurs now. I don't want my favorite guitarist to be a Dinosaur. I think you give Slash too little credit saying he is a rock blues guitarist. He has released very interesting music before, like his material with guns and VR. But it seems when he is on his own, you get the same predictable thing. Aerosmith on steroids, and a singer who is not Axl Rose. I feel like Slash has recorded You're a Lie and those other songs at least 30 times already. Is it a crime to want someone who I know is capable of doing more, to do more?

There is a difference between Slash and Aerosmith and AC/DC. We've seen Slash do a great amount of varied and unique music. AC/DC and Aerosmith have been releasing the same album for 30 years. You won't tell me that AFD is the same as Lies, is the same as Use Your Illusion, is the same as Contraband, is the same as Libertad. But It's 5 o' clock somewhere, Ain't Life Grand, Slash, and seemingly this next album all seem pretty interchangeable to me. However Slash, with outside contributing forces, has produced a large amount of unique material.

But unfortunately, lately Slash is getting by because he is Slash, not because his new music is all that fresh or interesting.

No??

Why not?

Jesus ...

For his time, B.B. King was innovative. And no, no one says B.B. King is not interesting because he gets a free pass because he's B.B. King. Aerosmith and AC/DC get passes because they're Dinosaurs now. I don't want my favorite guitarist to be a Dinosaur. I think you give Slash too little credit saying he is a rock blues guitarist. He has released very interesting music before, like his material with guns and VR. But it seems when he is on his own, you get the same predictable thing. Aerosmith on steroids, and a singer who is not Axl Rose. I feel like Slash has recorded You're a Lie and those other songs at least 30 times already. Is it a crime to want someone who I know is capable of doing more, to do more?

There is a difference between Slash and Aerosmith and AC/DC. We've seen Slash do a great amount of varied and unique music. AC/DC and Aerosmith have been releasing the same album for 30 years. You won't tell me that AFD is the same as Lies, is the same as Use Your Illusion, is the same as Contraband, is the same as Libertad. But It's 5 o' clock somewhere, Ain't Life Grand, Slash, and seemingly this next album all seem pretty interchangeable to me. However Slash, with outside contributing forces, has produced a large amount of unique material.

But unfortunately, lately Slash is getting by because he is Slash, not because his new music is all that fresh or interesting.

and you got all of that out of those 30 secs clips?

some of these guys ie: Zakk Wylde, Van Halen, Jerry Cantrell and so on.. all they want to do is play guitar... do they want to become "the best musician that ever lived"?, no they don't, they just want to play guitar.

for me, a hardcore fan of guitar, everything Slash does is interesting and keeps me pumped, and seeing him go towards it's five o' clock somewhere direction is what i've been hoping he did for a long time.. with Myles onboard and his playing as good as it is this Album (far beyond those 30 secs clips) is pointing to be one of the best he's even done.. even if the minority of his "followers" want to see him playing something completley different..

No??

Why not?

Jesus ...

and you got all of that out of those 30 secs clips?

some of these guys ie: Zakk Wylde, Van Halen, Jerry Cantrell and so on.. all they want to do is play guitar... do they want to become "the best musician that ever lived"?, no they don't, they just want to play guitar.

for me, a hardcore fan of guitar, everything Slash does is interesting and keeps me pumped, and seeing him go towards it's five o' clock somewhere direction is what i've been hoping he did for a long time.. with Myles onboard and his playing as good as it is this Album (far beyond those 30 secs clips) is pointing to be one of the best he's even done.. even if the minority of his "followers" want to see him playing something completley different..

Well good for you that he keeps you pumped. Those 30 second clips just didn't do it for me, and since this is a thread about those clips, I'm giving my take on them. Forgive me. Besides, I didn't get all of that from those 30 second clips. I could have made nearly the exact same statement before Slash even spoke of this album, because not only were there two Myles Kennedy songs on the last record, his stuff is predictable. That's my problem.

I will grant one point, he is playing guitar at a higher level than I can ever recall him playing. I wish that he went as balls out on solos for VR as he did on these songs. But his songs remain the same to me.

I still think Myles is the weakest link.But I'll check the full album when it comes out.Only then I can really judge.

I think myles is a very good singer, and I enjoy some of his work on the Mayfield Four, but he kinda drags Slash to a more commercial sound. You're A Lie is a good song but it's probably the most polished Slash has ever sounded. The last album sounded really polished too. It's not as heavy as Slash used to be. Kinda like he's stuck on Libertad forever. Slash needs to comeback to the Snakepit sound. That second album is, IMO, Slash's greatest moment post-GnR. It sounded raw, it sounded mean and aggressive. Last time I felt this from Slash was in Contraband. I don't really see this happening with Myles. Dude's too much a nice guy. Waayyy too much. Just my opinion. :shrugs:

slash can still make awesome music, but he needs two important things:slash needs a singer. i mean, a good one.he also needs a rythm guitarist who would help him in the songwriting.

Myles is like a duck. A duck can fly, swim and walk. But it doesn't excel in any of those abilities.

slash can still make awesome music, but he needs two important things:

slash needs a singer. i mean, a good one.

he also needs a rythm guitarist who would help him in the songwriting.

Are you kidding me ? Myles is cool guy I'll give it to him, loved him in AB, but he isn't able to push Slash anywhere, he is nice "yes man" kind of guy. And he isn't even comfortable with his obviously huge guitar skills , he was almost forced to play guitar in AB and Tremonti pushed him to do that. I even think that that's why Myles and Slash get along so good - beacuse neither of them is in position to push other to make something better.

And don't get be wrong, I'm not complaining about Slash not doing epic stuff like Estranged or wahtever but about not being pushed. Take VR he had to fight to get a spotlight with Scott on board - his songwriting was much more crisp and he wrote those great tracks like Slither, Fall to Pieces , Sucker Train Blues, Let it Roll. What I heard from Slash after VR broke up could be called (with expection of about 2 songs) "uninspired"