Slash: "I'd love to have the original band play."

GnR Chris

More ...

"I mean I think it would be cool to play, but very early on when the whole thing came up, it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen — and you know, that doesn't surprise me. We've been at odds for… well, not at odds, but we just haven't had any sort of communication in a long time so… that's basically it. That's all I can tell you."

Yet Axl and his management remains silent. They will offer a different side of the story.

Well, Axl has said in his brief public comments about the HoF that he doesn't want to ruin it for anybody (meaning the fans). He seems to have softened his stance as far as former members are concerned. I wasn't realistically thinking they'd all play, but I was hoping they'd all take the stage and publicly bury any hatchet (real or perceived). Perhaps then fewer people here would debate the whole Axl vs. Slash thing and we can all just be fans of Guns N' Roses.

Yeah, I think that's true as he seemed okay with it during the Eddie Trunk interview on TMS.

I'm hoping GNR are just trying to keep it a secret and will play that night. I think that would be so fuckin awesome and give us fans such a special surprise.

either way, I'm just glad all the original members are going to be there to accept the award. I really hope whoever inducts them is someone GNR likes and likes them back.

I guess we'll find out in April and see it on HBO in May.

I don't get it. Why the hell don't they broadcast this thing live? Or at least tape delay or something? We have to wait till May. That's ridiculous.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid that perception of him has been established a long time ago and will not easily change, even if he attends HOF, graciously accepts the reward, and acts cordially with the former members. People demand that he dance to their flute, even if it means to play some old songs with Slash when it risks jeopardizing his plans for Guns N' Roses. People are very selfish.

But it's not gonna jeapordize anything it really isn't! Least not more so than what he's currently doing. This is how things are right now okay. The people who are fans of the new band and support what Axl's doing now are still going to feel that way after the ceremony no matter what happens whereas those people who couldn't give a fuck about the new band probably have no interest in the HOF anyway as the band has been dead since the mid 90's for them. The only other people to consider are the die hards on these forums who are keeping a very close eye on this and know exactly how things stand. The thought of some huge untapped audience that will suddenly decide that NuGnR are the greatest thing in the world if only Axl keeps it up long enough is a total fallacy!

There is one thing in the way of the future success of Nu or Old GnR and that's Axl Rose. If he starts releasing good new music with any lineup people are going to take notice and if he decides on a reunion tour with the real band THEN and only then will he see anything like the success of the old days. Thing is I'm not that bothered about a reunion but a couple of songs on the 14th will be a nice thank you to the fans who like me have supported Guns for over 25 years now. I don't even really want to see a reunion cos I don't think the music would be all that great. To be honest I don't have any confidence in the Nu band being able to release anything good either and I think Axl kinda blew his chance to make himself relevant and escape the shadow of the old band when Bucket left.

Classic Slash to blame it all on Axl. Also classic that some people in here fall for that old trick.

Errrr, Slash wants to play, Duff is cool with that and Steven also said he wants to play. Izzy has also been quoted plenty of times saying he's happy to play with the old guys and actually has played with all of them in recent years. So tell me then, based on that who do you think is the reason we're not seeing a performance on April 14th?

Hi smart ass. And how do you know that Axl doesn't have sufficient reason to still be angry with Slash? From what Axl have said, Slash has made every effort in the past to make Axl look bad. So now it's Axl who's the bad guy for not wanting to play music with this guy?

Great reasoning there...

LOL. You're really going to town on that one. :crazy: I believe if Slash and Axl shake hands you'll commit suicide right?

Huh? Ok, you don't seem to understand this very simple logic. Let me try to explain this to you in a way that you can understand.

Example: A friend of yours screw your girlfriend. You're enemies for years and then some of your friends are starting to ask why you just can't patch things up. The other guy who screwed your girl, says: "Yeah, I'd like for us to friends again, I'm cool with that". Then you say: "fuck no, he screwed by girl, I will never forgive him"

Seems very simple to understand to me, so I don't know what's so confusing to you.

The result of your example is flawed, as I think most mature adults would be able to move on and not carry hatred around for their ex-friend for 20 years. I personally would just eliminate that person from my life. They would not cause me any stress or hatred for years and years.

Imagine your scenario but it happened in high school. You go back for your 20 year reunion. You would still hate them? Refuse to talk to them, refuse to play in the alumni soft ball game, don't go to the class picnic? Most people would have gotten over it already, and would go have fun for a few hours and then go back to their normal lives.

Just my opinion. I can't imagine carrying a grudge for 15 years and letting it negatively effect my life.

Well tough shit Slash you left the band centuries ago and it's moved on to another beastly form, there's no time for a performance, there's only precious time for the CD trilogy.

This.

No one forced the whiney bitch to leave the band.

As far as I know Axl Rose never left the band. :shrugs:

Well tough shit Slash you left the band centuries ago and it's moved on to another beastly form, there's no time for a performance, there's only precious time for the CD trilogy.

This.

:rofl-lol:

Well played my friend. Well played.

This.

He left it from 1993 to 2001. Where in the hell were you?

I was talking about the other whiney bitch though; the guitarist with the top hat, that walked out on the band and the fans.

This.

I was talking about the other whiney bitch though; the guitarist with the top hat, that walked out on the band and the fans.

Huh? So he left Gn'R in 1993 and re-joined in 2001? You're high as fuck dude. :rofl-lol:

But don't mind, I was just fuckin' with you. :thumbsup:

This.

Huh? So he left Gn'R in 1993 and re-joined in 2001? You're high as fuck dude. :rofl-lol:

But don't mind, I was just fuckin' with you. :thumbsup:

I'll have you know that my level of intoxication is none of your concern. :D

As far as I'm concerned, there was no GN'R to be a part of. No music + no tours = no band, imho.

This.

There was only one whiney bitch In the band and It wasn't Slash, and there Is all kinds of evidence to prove who It was.

This.

There was only one whiney bitch In the band and It wasn't Slash, and there Is all kinds of evidence to prove who It was.

Agreed

:shocked:

you are the most idiotic poster on this board...

This.

There were 4 whiney bitches in the classic lineup. The only one that didn't whine was Izzy; and Matt, Dizzy and Gilby if you want to include them. I don't.

This.

Wow...you serious? None of your posts will be taken seriously after that comment.