Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Adler: My new album is better than Chinese Democracy

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

D..

D..

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 15-December 08

GNR is as "fresh in everyone's minds" now then it was in 2004. Greatest Hits just hit number 3. People in the US don't care about Axl's nu guns, not the Guns N Roses they knew. Even outside the US I don't think people are dying for new "nu" material. And I still constantly hear Slither and Fall To Pieces constantly on my local rock stations, damn near eight years later. That's significant.

No it's not, radio stations are big piles of crap, you only hear the shittiest songs from the most shittiest bands in the world like Lady Gaga & Nirvana. It's not significant at all.

I live outside of the US, and I love every single piece of Chinese Democracy and I'm dying to hear the rest of it.

Edited by D.., 30 March 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Duff: 'Dolphins? That's not very rock n' roll man, do we get a say in this?'

Axl: 'No man dolphins.

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,678 posts
  • 13-August 11

From what I've heard of Steven's new album, it actually is pretty good. His drumming still sounds great and I've always loved his drum sound. I hate how I have to enjoy the sounds of the elements of original Gn'R separately, because the whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts, but at least they still all make music and are alive. I do like Steven's new music.

I have NEVER thought Steven was a bad drummer, it's just just that perhaps he should "shut up" and drum IMO

I bet no one is going to give a shit about his album except for hardcores.

The only significant (meaning music people who weren't hardcores gave a shit about) pieces of music that ever came out of any post gnr project were Slither and Fall to Pieces off Contraband. Other than that, outside these forums, nobody gives a shit about post 1993 material. Sad but true.

That was back when GN'R was fresh in everyone's minds, back when the music was relevant. Nobody gives a shit anymore, not in the U.S. at least.

GNR is as "fresh in everyone's minds" now then it was in 2004. Greatest Hits just hit number 3 after eight years of availability. People in the US don't care about Axl's nu guns, not the Guns N Roses they knew. Even outside the US I don't think people are dying for new "nu" material. And I still constantly hear Slither and Fall To Pieces constantly on my local rock stations, damn near eight years later. That's significant.

Number 3? Where?

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media Crew
  • 18,948 posts
  • 28-December 02

From what I've heard of Steven's new album, it actually is pretty good. His drumming still sounds great and I've always loved his drum sound. I hate how I have to enjoy the sounds of the elements of original Gn'R separately, because the whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts, but at least they still all make music and are alive. I do like Steven's new music.

I have NEVER thought Steven was a bad drummer, it's just just that perhaps he should "shut up" and drum IMO

The only significant (meaning music people who weren't hardcores gave a shit about) pieces of music that ever came out of any post gnr project were Slither and Fall to Pieces off Contraband. Other than that, outside these forums, nobody gives a shit about post 1993 material. Sad but true.

That was back when GN'R was fresh in everyone's minds, back when the music was relevant. Nobody gives a shit anymore, not in the U.S. at least.

GNR is as "fresh in everyone's minds" now then it was in 2004. Greatest Hits just hit number 3 after eight years of availability. People in the US don't care about Axl's nu guns, not the Guns N Roses they knew. Even outside the US I don't think people are dying for new "nu" material. And I still constantly hear Slither and Fall To Pieces constantly on my local rock stations, damn near eight years later. That's significant.

Number 3? Where?

Guns N' Roses' "Greatest Hits" makes an eye-popping jump from No. 31 to No. 3 after it was priced for 25-cents in both the Google Play and AmazonMP3 stores for one day last week. It sold 85,000 with a 618% gain (up from 12,000 the week previous).

http://www.billboard...006524752.story

+

http://gunsnroses.com/news/#67441

Edited by gunsguy, 30 March 2012 - 10:52 PM.

axlrare.jpg

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,678 posts
  • 13-August 11

Number 3? Where?

Guns N' Roses' "Greatest Hits" makes an eye-popping jump from No. 31 to No. 3 after it was priced for 25-cents in both the Google Play and AmazonMP3 stores for one day last week. It sold 85,000 with a 618% gain (up from 12,000 the week previous).

http://www.billboard...006524752.story

+

http://gunsnroses.com/news/#67441

Well yeah, people want to hear old music, I was taking about new music. Chinese Democacy would have been more receptive in 2002 than it was in 2008 when hardcores and hipsters who secretly love GN'R were the ones who bought it.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• Supporters
  • 6,096 posts
  • 04-January 09
Well you guys are always complaining about how boring it is in GnR land. Well Steve's decided to go through his "Slash phase" and do some old fashioned trashtalking about Axl in the press. I still wonder though, if he's just angry, because what Axl's really doing to him is denying him money.

One thing's for sure, it's gonna be one helluva induction ceremony.

I don't understand how he can even kind of expect them to perform when he keeps talking shit.

I think it's pretty obvious he got the memo that the reunion performance was a no-go, and that's why he's initiated this little crusade.

TiedHands

TiedHands

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • 07-April 04
Jesus. This is gonna make the Van Halen fiasco look like a family reunion. I'll be glad when this mess is over. I wish Steven would show up high and not be allowed into the building, or at least get kicked out. Dumb fuck. If I were Axl, or anyone else for that matter, I'd want to stay as far away from that failure as possible. If they ever did perform, he'd probably off himself after they'd choose Sorum over him...

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,875 posts
  • 28-January 11
Come on people. He didn't say "My album is better than Chinese Democracy". The journalist asked if it was better and he simply said "Of course it is!". Would have made a lot of difference if it was: "Of course it is! [Laughs]" which we don't know. :shrugs:

I think he totally fucked up when he said the thing about Axl and his hacks, but this one? I don't buy it.

qlq4.jpg

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04

Come on people. He didn't say "My album is better than Chinese Democracy". The journalist asked if it was better and he simply said "Of course it is!". Would have made a lot of difference if it was: "Of course it is! [Laughs]" which we don't know. :shrugs:

I think he totally fucked up when he said the thing about Axl and his hacks, but this one? I don't buy it.

Agreed on this. I didn't read the interview because I don't really care, and Gn'R is not of enough vital importance to educate myself well before spouting my own worthless opinion on a forum. But in context this is even less of a big deal than I thought it was before.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,336 posts
  • 09-March 08

yeah that would be fine and dandy if he didnt add the whole "can you name a song off that album" blast

Edited by bran, 31 March 2012 - 12:25 AM.

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,678 posts
  • 13-August 11

yeah that would be fine and dandy if he didnt add the whole "can you name a song off that album" blast

Yeah, that was a dick move.

HuskerTornado

HuskerTornado

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 01-October 04
Good god, shut the **** up, Steven. Get the guy a muzzle.
Posted Image

Motivation

Motivation

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • 21-March 12

GNR is as "fresh in everyone's minds" now then it was in 2004. Greatest Hits just hit number 3. People in the US don't care about Axl's nu guns, not the Guns N Roses they knew. Even outside the US I don't think people are dying for new "nu" material. And I still constantly hear Slither and Fall To Pieces constantly on my local rock stations, damn near eight years later. That's significant.

No it's not, radio stations are big piles of crap, you only hear the shittiest songs from the most shittiest bands in the world like Lady Gaga & Nirvana.

Wait for it..
wha the fuck are you talking about?
Lady Gaga & Nirvana in a same sentence?
:crazy:

this

ZoSoRose

ZoSoRose

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • 14-December 08
God damn shut the fuck up steven

Guns N' Roses- London Ontario 2010, Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Detroit Michigan 2012 | Slash- Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Grand Rapids Michigan 2012, Detroit Michigan 2012, Lansing Michigan 2013 | Duff McKagan- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Buckethead- Detroit Michigan 2011 | Walking Papers- Clarkston Michigan 2013 | The Dead Daisies- Clarkston Michigan 2013| Met Slash, Duff, Ron, Richard, Dizzy and DJ

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,875 posts
  • 28-January 11

Oh shit, you're totally right. For some reason and because I suck at reading I missed that part (or didn't take it in consideration). My bad.

qlq4.jpg

rock4eva

rock4eva

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • 11-November 11
Axl just phoned him :rofl-lol:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users