SLASH : "AXL HATES MY GUTS"

gnr2012

Axl has said NOTHING, Izzy has said NOTHING, Duff only spoke once from what I can tell. these guys leave it to everyone else to make up stories.

Slash is doing publicity for his album. Izzy and Duff have nothing to promote, and Axl pretty much doesn't do any interviews, so to compare is unjust.

He's out there doing endless interviews on a daily basis - you don't think people are going to ask about GN'R and the RNRHoF? Every interviewer wants to be the guy who gets a juicy, exclusive soundbite.

People act like Slash is out there calling into shows to just bring shit up for no reason. No, he's probably contractually obligated by his record company to promote his album, and he's doing it - and he's not being a pussy making people sign disclosure agreements requesting they don't ask certain questions, because if he did that then certainly just as many people would be mocking him for refusing to talk about GN'R at all. Nothing he has said or done justifies all the misguided and, frankly, uninformed comments.

He said in many interviews he did NOT want to talk about GNR or the HOF, what you just described is because someone asks him he goes against what he said the day before? HE said he did not want to discuss it, I never made that up. Your right he is promoting his record by contradicting what he says. I guess it works for him though :thumbsup:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash is most likely at the point of realizing that no matter what he does, in the public consciousness he will always be 'ex of GNR'.

Axl still has GNR. Slash most likely doesn't feel too great about that, especially around times like the Rn'R HOF induction.

As for Axl's part, if I were him, after all the shit Slash said and let go unchallenged from his bandmates around the time of Contraband and his lying bullshit about not going to Axl's house to talk to him...well, I wouldn't want to be around the guy either.

Edited by tomfriend

Axl has said NOTHING, Izzy has said NOTHING, Duff only spoke once from what I can tell. these guys leave it to everyone else to make up stories.

Slash is doing publicity for his album. Izzy and Duff have nothing to promote, and Axl pretty much doesn't do any interviews, so to compare is unjust.

He's out there doing endless interviews on a daily basis - you don't think people are going to ask about GN'R and the RNRHoF? Every interviewer wants to be the guy who gets a juicy, exclusive soundbite.

People act like Slash is out there calling into shows to just bring shit up for no reason. No, he's probably contractually obligated by his record company to promote his album, and he's doing it - and he's not being a pussy making people sign disclosure agreements requesting they don't ask certain questions, because if he did that then certainly just as many people would be mocking him for refusing to talk about GN'R at all. Nothing he has said or done justifies all the misguided and, frankly, uninformed comments.

He said in many interviews he did NOT want to talk about GNR or the HOF, what you just described is because someone asks him he goes against what he said the day before? HE said he did not want to discuss it, I never made that up. Your right he is promoting his record by contradicting what he says. I guess it works for him though :thumbsup:

you must really think you're on to something here gunsguy...

Slash is a blabbermouth, just because he does give answers to these questions when they're asked doesn't mean he's lying when he says he doesn't like talking about it. Give the guy some credit for at least having enough respect for the interviewer and something he knows his fans are genuinely interested in.

you must really think you're on to something here gunsguy...

Slash is a blabbermouth, just because he does give answers to these questions when they're asked doesn't mean he's lying when he says he doesn't like talking about it. Give the guy some credit for at least having enough respect for the interviewer and something he knows his fans are genuinely interested in.

ok. Just an observation I keep seeing repeated over and over.

oh poor Slash, he would like to play but ain't gonna happen and it'll be Axl's fault. Evil, evil Axl :devil:

and that's exactly how he knew it would come off as, even if it was/is true, so what a surprise I guess :rolleyes:

I wonder do they think this will get Axl all shook and make him turn over and perform for them? Please, just call the dude, (or face to face) and if he says no then just say that he did, at least one could say that they asked him.

Just out of curiosity.

So if it comes out that a band member or management team did talk to Axl or his people, and Axl did say that he wouldn't play....while steven, duff, matt, slash all said they wanted to play......would that change your opinion of the situation at all?

Secondly, again, just curious as to your thoughts on this.

But in several posts in these hall of fame topics, people keep saying "you don't know what Axl is thinking, so stop assuming that you do."

But I notice in your post, you make a couple of assumptions on what Slash and Steven are "thinking." You insinuate that Slash is doing interviews with the intention of making Axl look bad. And then that the Slash/Steven comments are trying to get Axl to roll over and play for them.

I was just curious as to what the difference is between you doing this, and between other posters doing the same thing - but towards Axl, and not Slash/Steven?

well sorry for replying late I guess hehe, but still for the first question, it might, the second question, well you'd have a valid point but at this point isn't it obvious that they are trying to either shoehorn him into something we don't even know if he wants or doesn't want to do but still they know damn well either way Axl will be the villian (though he hasn't helped matters of course lol) but they aren't knew to the PR rodeo either.

I didn't say you were making anything up maynard but the thing is we "only" know what they tell us at the end of the day.

another thing in not only replying to maynard but others, while I wouldn't have made the cancer comment still blank statement or not, I wonder if Slash would've gotten a reaction at all if he'd have said the same thing even with a close one that had the actual disease/illness? I mean it's not like he never took jabs and got any flack for outside of the diehard Axl-lites. Now that I want to inquire about out of curiousity.

It isn't like Slash has done 50 interviews, with an hour of each one talking about this.

He has mentioned it in what, 3-4 interviews? That people post here and just pull out the 2-3 sentences......

Some of you are trying too hard. We get it. Axl is right, Slash is wrong. Ok.

But in reality, why hasn't Axl commented on this? Why is it a mystery if he is showing up or not? Honestly, I think what he is doing is just as bad as what Steven is doing, and Slash is doing nothing wrong.

These guys are adults and professionals and should act like it. What is so hard about accepting an award, doing something nice for your fans, and then going back to your regular lives???? All the mystery and confusion and frustration would have been avoided if Axl just took 15 minutes to straighten it out. Have his people call Slash's people and tell them what is up. Even "I will show up and accept the award, I am not going to perform, let's keep it respectful in the press or I won't attend." Simple.

My favorite singer of all time. But he sure never chooses to do things the easy way.

It isn't like Slash has done 50 interviews, with an hour of each one talking about this.

He has mentioned it in what, 3-4 interviews? That people post here and just pull out the 2-3 sentences......

But in reality, why hasn't Axl commented on this? Why is it a mystery if he is showing up or not? Honestly, I think what he is doing is just as bad as what Steven is doing, and Slash is doing nothing wrong.

These guys are adults and professionals and should act like it. What is so hard about accepting an award, doing something nice for your fans, and then going back to your regular lives???? All the mystery and confusion and frustration would have been avoided if Axl just took 15 minutes to straighten it out. Have his people call Slash's people and tell them what is up. Even "I will show up and accept the award, I am not going to perform, let's keep it respectful in the press or I won't attend." Simple.

My favorite singer of all time. But he sure never chooses to do things the easy way.

Axl an adult and a professional? Since when? lol.

don't foget that he doesn't owe the fans anything, like his ass-kissers love to remind us.

Edited by maynard

Don't forget that it's better not to comment at all than to say stupid shit like Slash and Steven.

And after seeing the 1 hour interview with Axl a while back, it seemed to me that he would be there.

If anything, these two guys fucked it up pretty bad. And Izzy not being there also plays it's part.

It wouldn't surprise me if Axl and Izzy talked about it.

This.