Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of hate on this forum for a lot of different bands. Which is weird as we all are music fans.

There are a lot of bands I don't listen to or like. But u can dislike a band and still respect them for fulfilling a music niche. Not every song should be an epic masterpiece with brilliant lyrics. Every generation has cheesy pop songs, cheesy dance songs and cheesy rock songs. And they fill a niche, so whats the big deal?

I don't like Greenday. But millions of people do, and they have been around awhile now....so I am glad they are out there. I've never bought a greenday album, but I certainly find no reason to hate them. They put out music that millions like - that is a good thing.

Edited by Groghan

There is a lot of hate on this forum for a lot of different bands. Which is weird as we all are music fans.

There are a lot of bands I don't listen to or like. But u can dislike a band and still respect them for fulfilling a music niche. Not every song should be an epic masterpiece with brilliant lyrics. Every generation has cheesy pop songs, cheesy dance songs and cheesy rock songs. And they fill a niche, so whats the big deal?

I don't like Greenday. But millions of people do, and they have been around awhile now....so I am glad they are out there. I've never bought a greenday album, but I certainly find no reason to hate them. They put out music that millions like - that is a good thing.

Check out 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours & Kerplunk much better than what Greenday turned into.

No one is (or at least, should be) suggesting that Green Day were "pioneers" of punk.

Stating they were legit "back in the day" sends a message.

..."back in the day"

How exactly were they legit?

What were Guns n' Roses pioneers of?

Who claimed GnR were pioneers?

GnR brought different influences and flavours to their music and infused it into their own vision.

It hadn't been done quite the way Guns brought it to the table.

They had punk rock background,they hard rock background,classic rock,blues,am/fm radio.

It all melted in to the perfect storm.

They didn't just dye their hair green and jerk their heads and ape an entire scene that had already played out...."back in the day".

It would've made more sense for Green Day to induct Cheap Trick.

Who gives a fuck who inductes them anyway? THEY ARE BEING INDUCTED that should matter to us, not who is going to say a few things.

This opinion is subject to change if Green Day attempt to perform ANY GN'R tune on stage that night.

I thought 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk were really good albums. I don't care if it was post-authentic wannabe punk or punk lite, there were some sweet licks and good lyrics in those 2 albums. Dookie was Green Day's Black album (as in Metallica), it was simultaneously a hit-laden slickly produced album, yet it was devoid of the gritty rawness that helped define previous efforts.

Anyhoo, interesting choice to induct Guns n Roses. Who woulda thunk it.

edit: fixed name of 1st album listed

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

You've just nailed my issue Groghan; why should a band that is known for epic masterpieces be inducted by a bubble gum pop-punk band?

It doesn't make any sense to me.

To hell with it though; it's just another trainwreck to add to a night that looks like it will be full of them.

Who gives a fuck who inductes them anyway? THEY ARE BEING INDUCTED that should matter to us, not who is going to say a few things.

This opinion is subject to change if Green Day attempt to perform ANY GN'R tune on stage that night.

No Izzy, not even 100% sure Axl will be there & "GNR" won't be playing at the induction. It's kinda anticlimactic.

To be fair we honestly do not know who picked them, there was a serious delay in the announce. Perhaps they picked others and they would not or could not come to the event? Perhaps Guns picked them? Who knows just yet?

Maybe they asked another band and they said no for some reason. We know nothing about this part and I would like to know.

An Axl tweet would answer if he is even going and he can control the message that way would be rad but likely won't happen

Edited by gunsguy