Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Technically Speaking - Just how good is Buckethead?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • 18-June 10

Technically speaking he`s the best guitarist GNR has ever had

Nope, BBF is.

Posted Image

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

Nope, BBF is.

Each to his own personally I`ll take Buckethead over Bumblefoot any day of the week his music trumps Bumblefoot`s
Formerly known as Son of a gun

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 13,050 posts
  • 28-January 11

Nope, BBF is.

No. Buckethead would own BBF anytime, any day, anywhere.

qlq4.jpg

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • 18-June 10

Nope, BBF is.

Each to his own personally I`ll take Buckethead over Bumblefoot any day of the week his music trumps Bumblefoot`s

And you have every right to prefer Bucket, but technically speaking BBF can do more.

Bucket comes very close and is a shred god too. But BBF doesn't rely on repeated fast patterns ever (like someone said before in this thread), has perfect pitch & complete theory knowledge and can apparently play any song by ear with the first try, can play a fretless guitar about as well as a fretted one, is a much more capable tapper & legato player - for example, he can do two polyrhythmic riffs at the same time, can play equally well on a '59 Les Paul with a baseball bat neck as with a Vigier with a modern slim neck, can hybrid pick like hell... the list goes on. I would argue BBF is among maybe the top 10 most technically competent guitarists who ever lived.

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup, 14 August 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Posted Image

chinaman33

chinaman33

Junior

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 11-July 12
It seems to be the vast minority that think Bumble is better.
not my friends: volcanic62, popcorn snake, damn smooth, angeles
friends: msl, crusty rage, dexter, gunsguy, arnold layne, HisRoyalSweetness

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • 18-June 10

That does not matter though.

Posted Image

mcmurray

mcmurray

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • 04-June 07

Bucket comes very close and is a shred god too. But BBF doesn't rely on repeated fast patterns ever (like someone said before in this thread), has perfect pitch & complete theory knowledge and can apparently play any song by ear with the first try, can play a fretless guitar about as well as a fretted one, is a much more capable tapper & legato player - for example, he can do two polyrhythmic riffs at the same time, can play equally well on a '59 Les Paul with a baseball bat neck as with a Vigier with a modern slim neck, can hybrid pick like hell... the list goes on. I would argue BBF is among maybe the top 10 most technically competent guitarists who ever lived.

LOL

Have you ever listened to his music?
ďThatís fucking it! Theyíve gone too far now. Iím joining the fucking army. They are not going to hit KFC, no fucking way! I canít record anymoreóIím joining the army! Now we really are at war!Ē - Buckethead

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • 18-June 10

LOL

I own some of his records. While that was admittedly an exaggeration, BBF does so much less than Buckethead (or the majority of guitarists for that matter).

Posted Image

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts
  • 10-October 07

LOL

I did and can you really point out in what songs he uses the same patterns, or similar riffs, licks, patterns and whatnot? I've listened to his whole discography - even rare albums and tracks that arent part of his discography and collaborations - and I cant really hear similarities, but you will point me out them so I'll make sure to double check the songs you mention. I mean...you will not find. If you try too hard, maybe.

y4oz.jpg

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05

LOL

ok please show what repeated fast patterns Ron playes. It will be hard for you to find. and after you are done trying to find it you could just look at every live video with Bucket where he playes something fast.

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05

Nope, BBF is.

Buckethead has become more sloppy the last couple of years in his live performances and even if it would be in his prime days he wouldn't be able to over play Ron.

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

GnRDuff1

GnRDuff1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • 18-June 03

I think people are confusing technical ability with who they prefer as a guitar player
Philly 2002: No show
East Rutherford 2006: Split GA, on rail, back pit
Camden 2011: 2nd row in pit. Best show

GNRfan2008

GNRfan2008

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • 12-May 06
Technically one of the best ever. Also has a great amount of feel in his playing, similar to Slash. Listening to Soothsayer right now as a matter of fact. Wonderful song. Based on his enormous output of music over the years, Bucket has to be one of the most prolific guitarists who ever lived.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,351 posts
  • 13-February 06

I think people are confusing technical ability with who they prefer as a guitar player

That would explain Bucket's majority.
:shrugs:

Loaded

Loaded

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • 18-February 08

Nope, BBF is.

And you have every right to prefer Bucket, but technically speaking BBF can do more.

There is this thing called Jazz, When you hear it you would argue that bumblefoot is among the 1000 most technically competent guitarists who ever lived.

19746715.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users