Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Technically Speaking - Just how good is Buckethead?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

finck6

finck6

GOD

• Read only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • 17-May 06

how good is buckethead? buckethead is AWESOME. don't believe me? listen to shackler's, rhiad, scraped, if the world, sorry, prostitute on the chinese democracy album and you'll hear how AWESOME buckethead is!

you forget to mention TWAT

SincerlEry,
Your Commander In Chief

thanks for the correction, mendosa. because buckthead is AWESOME on TWAT too. sharing co-solos with mr. robin finck on the track

true !! by far my favorite track on CD. Both Solos are great

SincerlEry,
your commander in chief

robin finck and buckethead make TWAT the best rock song since Estranged

sascha

sascha

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • 13-October 10
Buckethead's best work is actually the acoustic stuff. When it comes to the electric guitar I think he peaked with "Look Up There" wich was beauty in stagnation and in that it was a triumph as much as it was failure. But after that? I don't see him re-inventing the wheel much sticking to his own multiiverse. He puts out too many albums and doesn't stick to one style or genre long or deep enough to reach actual relevance and really leave a historical mark. Technically he can play about anything but looking just at his music and comfort zones and not the instrument, style or sound, it's all very chromatic based and in that reminds me of Bach and Malmsteen. He's gotten a bit lazy on the electric, leaning more and more towards phases and comfortzones. Not so much on the acoustic on wich he gets more personal and expressive and in that intresting with every release. I see him going more towards the acoustic and classical direction in the future and I'm looking foward to that because unlike the elitist jazz and classical players he's coming to it from a different angle.

Edited by sascha, 04 November 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05

how good is buckethead? buckethead is AWESOME. don't believe me? listen to shackler's, rhiad, scraped, if the world, sorry, prostitute on the chinese democracy album and you'll hear how AWESOME buckethead is!

it's Ron who playes the solos on Shackler, Rhiad, Scraped and If the World

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users