Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just let down after let down with this guy

Enjoy the "Guns N Roses" shopping mall tour 2013 because that's where the guy is headed

Seriously though, I hope someone close to steven will keep an eye on him.

HHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Bye Axl, I was a fan since 1990. Your music and the original band changed my life, I love those moments you gave me.

I still supported you over the years hoping some day I would see the last real rock and roll band playing again.

for me and many true fans the dream is over.

I want to tell you the new band is dissapointing, as a real fan, I can't feel anything for any new or old song. I'm from Argentina and many fans i've spoken to felt the same. we were at the shows in Buenos Aires 2010 & 2011 we're the craziest crowd in the world, we jump and scream all the danm show of every band (see AC/DC live at River Plate, or ask the guys from Pearl Jam) but in the Guns N' Roses shows we couldn't feel the magic to get wild. The point is the new band doesn't transmit sensations "they are just hired Guns" they don't play song from their heart.

I'll never buy a Guns N' Roses Album ever again. The band guys are awsome, great players, but they are not Guns N' Roses and never will be.

Thanks for the great memories. I'll remember you every day in my life 'cause I got tattooed the apettite cross

"There was a time a band called Guns N' Roses, and damn they were great

P.S. Selfish, we (the fans) gave you fortune and fame, we put you where you are otherwise you'd be in jail or dead.

Remember you're the leader of the band, but as many people feels Guns N' Roses was Izzy's band and then it had the greatest lead guitar and the greatest singer.

sorry for my English but i think i'm clear

Love it when Axl goes off on a tangent like that, always interesting to hear his thoughts and that makes a lot of sense and imo the right decision, GNR is very alive and proving folks wrong and Axl still has fire for that band.

You think Axl wrote more than a few words of that? LOL. That was done by his "yes men" AKA Beta and family. Think of the $$$ they have sucked outta him.

Edited by Snowmass

It doesn't help Axl's case when CD was the only record he released and the majority of the songs were written years before the record was actually out. Hopefully there is more than just silence and same old shows. The Hall of Fame would have been pretty awesome btw

Love it when Axl goes off on a tangent like that, always interesting to hear his thoughts and that makes a lot of sense and imo the right decision, GNR is very alive and proving folks wrong and Axl still has fire for that band.

You think Axl wrote more than a few words of that? LOL. That was done by his "yes men" AKA Beta and family. Think of the $$$ they have sucked outta him.

I believe he wrote it. It sounds exactly like him. Even his public statements are longwinded.

What has Josh Klinghoffer done other than help produce one album few people noticed and collect a pay check for three years? What has he done to be included with the greats?

see my most recent post. i'm not debating this further because i have made my point and you can continue to try to make whatever yours may be. based on the overall context of guns n' roses as an entity - which could be outlined here for hundreds if not thousands of words - it is obvious why the new bandmembers were not inducted.

There has been an unfortunate precedent set by the hall's inconsistency. Tommy's inclusion is a valid discussion based on this.

here's the discussion.

the precedent set is that the RnRHoF makes its induction decisions based on context; their judgment. they inducted klinghoffer? cool. they didn't induct dave navarro or jack sherman, did they? matt sorum wasn't an original bandmember but he is being inducted, so that proves there is no bias against GN'R.

so yes, ali, you're right: there has been a precedent set. unfortunately for you, it does not factor into your argument as tidily as you may have hoped.

Your assumption is that band dissolution context is the reasoning. That is not known for certain. Given that, what I see is inconsistency for induction of individual musicians based on similar contribution levels.

Your assumptions are just that and as such don't strengthen your argument and fit in as tidily as you think.

Ali

no, my assumption is that they included the lineup that the general public most perceives as 'Guns N' Roses' (and let's be honest, they always had a far stronger iconic image than RHCP as far as their individual members), as well as the lineup that factually is the reason for their success and impact as a band. i.e. the success and impact that deems them worthy of inclusion to begin with. since you enjoy reducing everything to its most technical and literal level, let's start with what we know: we know they selectively pick bandmembers. we know this from precedent.

we also know that they chose the lineup that was responsible for the band's commercial and artistic impact. factual. and we know that they even included the drummer and keyboardist from the 'illusion' era to further cement this idea and prove there's no bias against future/past members.

put these together and one can reasonably assume, as close to a guarantee as you'll get (which were my words to you), that they chose the members for induction based on context of the band's history, which includes its dissolution. they clearly don't just round up every single member past and present. i urge people to have intelligent discourse and love a good debate, but you're simply delusional if you're crying foul for consistency in such an obvious case.

Ah yes, it's common sense. Right. :rolleyes: The point is that without being on the board or knowing why which members were included and which were not for each band, you cannot state as a certainty what the reasoning was. You don't know, therefore you cannot "guarantee" anything. You can speculate and think you're correct in your speculation.

anyone who wonders why the lineup that produced music, sold millions of records, and took the world by storm is being inducted instead of/in addition to the chinese democracy-era lineup (given its rather infamous legacy in general) simply has no common sense. so continue rolling your eyes.

Robert Trujillo, Tommy Stinson and Josh Klinghoffer have all played on one original album with the bands in question. Tommy's been a member for 14 years, Josh's been with RHCP for 3 years, Trujillo with Metallica for 9 years.

and for the last time - and again, this was my entire point to begin with, which you don't seem to understand - no matter how long tommy has technically been a member of GN'R, in the public eye - and most likely to the eye of the RNRHoF - he's not been a member. no publicity. no big interviews. one record that didn't do particularly well commercially and wasn't promoted and, hence, didn't bring him any additional attention. (and most of the attention it did receive fell on axl, both in reporting on the album's release and in reviews. it wasn't just 'another new album' - it was 'the most anticipated record of all time,' so the public eye - what little there ended up being - fell on the most famous member, who hadn't released new music in many years, so to compare it to standard run-of-the-mill releases by RHCP or Metallica is disingenuous.)

when the chili peppers brought on klinghoffer they had been a continual entity. always in the public eye. never faded away for years and years and then come back. there was a lot of press about him joining instead of press about how kiedis had finally returned after 15 years. and that's my point. you can't reduce it all to 'technicalities.' it's just common sense. i'm not a metallica fan but i recognize the name robert trujillo because of how the group functions in the public eye. if i weren't on this forum as a die-hard fan, i wouldn't know stinson outside of the replacements. if RHCP disappeared for years and years and brought back klinghoffer and did one album that bombed, he probably wouldn't be on that induction list.

and now i'm really done. just wanted to clarify those things. if you disagree with what i've said, hey, some people join cults...very little about some people's lack of common sense surprises me anymore.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Bye Axl, I was a fan since 1990. Your music and the original band changed my life, I love those moments you gave me.

I still supported you over the years hoping some day I would see the last real rock and roll band playing again.

for me and many true fans the dream is over.

I want to tell you the new band is dissapointing, as a real fan, I can't feel anything for any new or old song. I'm from Argentina and many fans i've spoken to felt the same. we were at the shows in Buenos Aires 2010 & 2011 we're the craziest crowd in the world, we jump and scream all the danm show of every band (see AC/DC live at River Plate, or ask the guys from Pearl Jam) but in the Guns N' Roses shows we couldn't feel the magic to get wild. The point is the new band doesn't transmit sensations "they are just hired Guns" they don't play song from their heart.

I'll never buy a Guns N' Roses Album ever again. The band guys are awsome, great players, but they are not Guns N' Roses and never will be.

Thanks for the great memories. I'll remember you every day in my life 'cause I got tattooed the apettite cross

"There was a time a band called Guns N' Roses, and damn they were great

P.S. Selfish, we (the fans) gave you fortune and fame, we put you where you are otherwise you'd be in jail or dead.

Remember you're the leader of the band, but as many people feels Guns N' Roses was Izzy's band and then it had the greatest lead guitar and the greatest singer.

sorry for my English but i think i'm clear

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the most rad thing ever.

Ladies and gentlemen if you don't think Axl is the embodiment of Rock n Roll then you've missed the point entirely. The man is the definition of rebel, doing things his own fucking way. Time and time again the man proves that he will always do whatever he in his heart feels is right.

I don't get all the people saying this is where they stop being a fan and stuff. It's fine to disagree with Axl and be pissed off. I am among those who was hoping he'd at least show up. It doesn't mean I won't still enjoy the music he may or may not put out. It especially doesn't mean the Guns N' Roses music that is already out there starts being bad.

What part of Axl's history makes you believe he'd let ANYONE put words in his mouth???

Your post is ridiculous.

Jesus Christ, you've seen Axl's writing style...not too many folks out there write like Axl.

...and to the delusional "Reunionists," :rofl-lol: