Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

Well well, there's still hope that someday the band will be back. GNR's been dead since 93 anyway, might as well just keep on waiting. Except for the HOF and Axl's tributeband touring, this reminds me of the late 90's. Not much happening, and the most interesting thing about what was GNR is the other members projects.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What joke, Axl officially = a has been at this point. For a 50 year old to act like he's 12, is pretty embarrassing. I'm done. To rob the fans, which have supported him over the years time and time again, over petty bullshit, enough is enough. Peace out.

Rob them of what? This reunion wasn't owed to us.

I didn't say anything about a reunion. I'd say as much money and time I've spent he owes at least showing up instead of being a little bitch.

Absolutely hilarious.

You paid for albums - you got albums.

You paid for concerts - you got concerts.

Did you pay for a reunion? No. Were you promised one? No. Is Axl obligated to go pick up pointless awards handed out by a biased committee of old farts to please you? Is he fuck. Shut up.

Edited by tomfriend

BTW - Axl is such an incredible dickhead for doing this literally days before the ceremony when people have already bought tickets and arranged travel pans in anticipation of seeing him.

He was never confirmed as showing up. Why would he be at fault for people spending cash and time on their own outrageous self made fantasy?

This was announced MONTHS ago and as those months went by, there was never a peep from Axl about not showing up, so it's logical to assume that he was, in fact, going to show up. I mean, unless you hear anything to the contrary, you pretty much have to assume that. It's really quite simple - people understandably had to make plans for tickets/travel/hotel, etc. because, well, that's just not something you can do in a couple of days at the snap of a finger, you know?

Edited by OTHAFA

Sooo... people are disgruntled they won't get to see him sit at a table and walk up to a podium for a boring acceptance speech?

Orrr... some people are still under a collective delusion that's only been shot down 50 times directly by Axl?

BTW - Axl is such an incredible dickhead for doing this literally days before the ceremony when people have already bought tickets and arranged travel pans in anticipation of seeing him.

He was never confirmed as showing up. Why would he be at fault for people spending cash and time on their own outrageous self made fantasy?

This was announced MONTHS ago and as those months went by, there was never a peep from Axl about not showing up, so it's logical to assume that he was, in fact, going to show up. I mean, unless you hear anything to the contrary, you pretty much have to assume that. It's really quite simple - people understandably had to make plans for tickets/travel/hotel, etc. because, well, that's just not something you can do in a couple of days at the snap of a finger, you know?

When you assume....

I love this for the same reasons I have always loved Axl; he is doing his own thing, and what he feels is right in his heart. Also, he is showing tremendous respect and loyalty to his current bandmates, a band I happen to love. So God bless him, and good luck dealing with all the negative fallout boss, cause it's certainly coming.

there was never a peep from Axl about not showing up
it's logical to assume that he was, in fact, going to show up

Haha, you know you're talking about Axl Rose here, right? Axl Rose! Haha!

there was never a peep from Axl about not showing up
it's logical to assume that he was, in fact, going to show up

Haha, you know you're talking about Axl Rose here, right? Axl Rose! Haha!

I know, but still, you'd expect some common courtesy. He know full well that fans had to make travel arrangements, take days off of work, etc.

How cool would it be if all the mother fuckers announcing they are "done with GNR" had the integrity of Axl???

If they had Axl's resoluteness, they'd kindly cancel their accounts and just go away...

but no...sadly, they will foolishly cling to a past that has no place in the future.

...they will likely (in true moronic fashion) stay tuned in so they can anonymously slander Axl on internet message boards. Brilliant!

I LOVE the current band! seen them 8 times and going to multiple dates on the upcoming UK tour, only thing that makes axl's praise of the current band hard to swallow is..HE HATES the old line up so much yet he promoted and had multiple band pics with the old guys and this is meant to be a band he seemingly cant stand, where as hes always saying how he wants to concentrate on the current line up but we still have not EVER had a professionally done group photo (for a magazine/album booklet) in which to show the world "Were a band" and he begrudgingly releases music by the line up hes with, ..so kidna makes all his points on current guns seem redundant, which is a shame as i think this band has so much potential

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the most rad thing ever.

Ladies and gentlemen if you don't think Axl is the embodiment of Rock n Roll then you've missed the point entirely. The man is the definition of rebel, doing things his own fucking way. Time and time again the man proves that he will always do whatever he in his heart feels is right.

He's a sad and bitter old man acting like a child. It's not rock and roll to treat your fans like shit despite what you might think.

No. He simply doesn't want to take that award certainly because of everything that's being said and done regarding the HOF thing.

I'll be really honest... I hoped Axl would actually refuse to be inducted earlier this year, not only now, a few days before the ceremony.

Respect to him. Fuck media, fuck awards. His integrity means more than anything else. Thank you for proving me that once again, Axl. I'm supporting the right guy.

He did everything I hoped he would. Turn it down.

:thumbsup:

I know, but still, you'd expect some common courtesy. He know full well that fans had to make travel arrangements, take days off of work, etc.

Still not his fault. I'm not sure what kind of fan would go to this but you'd have to hope they know that The Beastie Boys, RHCP and Donovan showing up is probably a safe bet, and that nothing is ever a sure thing with Guns N Roses. Anyone mad at him for not showing up to an event he never confirmed his appearance for has themselves to blame if they feel short changed. I'm sure Cleveland has a lot of interesting landmarks to see anyway if they don't feel like going now.

How cool would it be if all the mother fuckers announcing they are "done with GNR" had the integrity of Axl???

If they had Axl's resoluteness, they'd kindly cancel their accounts and just go away...

but no...sadly, they will foolishly cling to a past that has no place in the future.

...they will likely (in true moronic fashion) stay tuned in so they can anonymously slander Axl on internet message boards. Brilliant!

Then GNR would be dead a long time ago. Most of the people who like GNR are fans of the old band! Suck on that, cause the truth hurts right? Everything here, even CD is based on what Slash,Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Axl accomplished. Axl is one out of 6 guys, and you can clearly see that, he doesn't do shit, just touring playing a few song he managed to write in 15 years, + a bunch of songs written and recorded with other people when he actually mattered to people outside of these forums.

Sooo... people are disgruntled they won't get to see him sit at a table and walk up to a podium for a boring acceptance speech?

Orrr... some people are still under a collective delusion that's only been shot down 50 times directly by Axl?

Exactly, if people know Axl and how seriously he takes his vision of Guns N' Roses still (and rightly so) and the fact that he only seems to be on personal terms with Duff and maybe Izzy then how they could assume he'd be turning up, bothered about being inducted by some organization and is somehow disrespecting anyone is bizarre. It's that concept of people believing he owes them something or ought to do what they want him to do, regardless of his own feelings. He's given an extensive, honest and eloquent response and that's that.

Guest gunns5

get to see him sit at a table and walk up to a podium for a boring acceptance speech?

Axls speeches are sometimes hard to grasp, but they're rarely boring :lol:

Edited by gunns5

Naw.

I think most people assumed that Axl wouldn't do the cool thing and show up anyway. A lot of longtime fans hoped he would, but figured that he probably wouldn't.

The part that is irritating most people is in his long woe-is-me, the world is out to get me letter, where he says that the HOF cannot use his name as being part of GnR. He doesn't want his name associated with the old band. YET, 90% of the songs he plays on tour are songs created by the OLD band.

Axl kept the name GnR because he wanted to keep the name alive and going. The name GnR meant so much to him, that he wanted to keep it an alive and breathing thing. And he wants the world to know that the current GnR is THE GnR and he doesn't want his name attached to the old guys. And his way to do that, is to put out 1 album in 15 years and to constantly tour the hits that the old band created.

It just makes no sense.