Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hall of Fame is silly and corporate anyway. I respect Izzy and Axl for not bothering with what would have amounted to a circus sideshow. Let the historic music they all made together speak for itself; not some pompous ceremony.

+1

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Axl you are a petty man... Everybody knows that your sitting at home reading all these posts. From the people that have stood with you from the beginning Fuck you! Now let these 13 year old fan boys defend you and your pitiful excuses to make money on a reputation.

I'm not 13, and support Axl . Yo Axl, much love!

Seriously! Where does all this you have to be a kid to love GNR today come from? I grew up with GNR, and still prefer 2012 over 1989.

It actually comes from 30+ year olds with the mentality of a 10 year old. They sit here and whine and bitch about how immature Axl is while they are completely oblivious to the fact that throwing a fit over not getting something that they were never promised in the first place, is the exact opposite of mature.

A vegetable could have understood that this wasn't going to happen. It's funny to see the special cases here that are crying so hard about it.

millions of fans

Of the millions of fans of this band, about a tenth of them give a shit about this circus act that's taking place this weekend

Where do you get your facts from?

I think he's dyslexic. What he really means is that of the millions of fans of this band, about a tenth of them give a shit about the current lineup.

I love the current lineup, but get real.

millions of fans

Of the millions of fans of this band, about a tenth of them give a shit about this circus act that's taking place this weekend

Where do you get your facts from?

I have an algorithm app set up to calculate shit nobody, in the grand scale of things, really cares about

Axl doesn't seem to understand he would get the "respect" that the other original GNR members get if he was out there making a name for himself like that did instead of mooching off the past and using the GNR name to sell tickets.

That has always been the underlying elephant in the room about why the general public doesn't take him seriously, and he just doesn't get it.

People don't shit on Slash/Duff's stuff like they do Axl's because they started a new band and built a brand from the ground up. That brings respect. They don't have the cloud of the old band hanging over them like Axl because they had the courage to really move on. Not just move on in their minds.

Axl has traded respect he would gain fronting his own band in exchange for the extra money he makes being able to use the GNR name.

He would sell a fraction of the tickets he does with the exact same line-up were it not for the name, so he uses it.

What he fails to realize though is that is why his martyr act wears thin with the general public.

If you want respect and for people to take your current line-up seriously, allow them to develop their own identity where they are partners in it. Not employees of the band name you are trading off to make a few extra bucks at the turnstile.

With Axl though it all comes down to money.

If he cared about his band members the way he claims as far as them getting respect, he would change the name and make them partners in the band, instead of paid employees.

All of the problems he has and gets aggravated about are because he can't let go of the GNR paycheck, which he would have to do if he ever truly wanted to move on into the next phase of his career where he was seen as more than a traveling nostalgia act stuck in the past.

Meh. I've never really cared for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame much anyway. There's never been much transparency in their selection process and it's just Jan Wenner and his crew deciding who's cool and who's not. They knew what they were doing by inducting Guns N' Roses.

The current band has been touring for some time and the relationship of the Appetite era band is what it is. I feel it was a way to force a reunion out of those guys when it's simply not meant to be at this time. I have no problem with Axl not showing up. He figured then rather show up and have some incident occur, or show up clearly faking wanting to be there, that it was better not to show at all. The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame could have easily used this and the next couple years to induct bands that have been waiting a lifetime to get in as well as bands that would probably show up. KISS, Iron Maiden, Rush, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple among many others are no brainers. This organization simply doesn't have much legitimacy or rhyme or reason to their picks to be taken seriously.

For now I think what Guns N' Roses have going is great. A band that doesn't get much recognition mainstream but has a loyal hardcore following and puts on great shows. If Axl ever wants to play with the old band again or even idividually with the current GN'R, he still can. People act like all hope of Appetite era Guns playing again died because Axl decided not to go to some self congratulatory hall of fame ceremony.

to all the fuckheads saying they are done with gnr.......don't let the door hit you in the ass.

We wont. You keep on kissing Axls ass.

If you like a band and support them, you are an ass kisser ? Weird fn concept!

It was a reply to the person who called everyone who feel they are done with GNR fuckheads (He clearly learned his english by watching Axl rants on youtube).

For me, it's two different bands. It's the original Guns, and it's Axl and his coverband. I would go to a GNR concert to see and hear Axl, that's it. That's my personal opinion.

I was hoping he would show up on Hall of Fame for the millions of fans who just wants to see him in the same room as Slash, but he won't. Is it so extremely strange that a lot of fans are disappointed by this?

No it's not. But, Axl doesn't owe you or anyone anything. I respect Axl's decision . It is his. We cannot force him to feel one way because it is people's rock n roll dream. For whatever reason Slash did something to him. We fully don't know what. You wouldn't like it if someone were to tell you to make amends with someone you don't want to. Example.... I wouldn't expect my father to forgive my mother for one night, just to make me happy at a party. Say my mother, cheated on him and really destroyed him mentally. I wouldn't keep bugging my dad to change his feelings and views. I would respect him, and let him be.

That's not the point, Axl gives a shit about the CD era. That's a good start. Then fans can be fans. Or not. Reducing everything back to the AFD album and living in that state of nostalgic denial of the present is fun for fans. but for a band or artist it's like a prison.

Axl doesn't seem to understand he would get the "respect" that the other original GNR members get if he was out there making a name for himself like that did instead of mooching off the past and using the GNR name to sell tickets.

That has always been the underlying elephant in the room about why the general public doesn't take him seriously, and he just doesn't get it.

People don't shit on Slash/Duff's stuff like they do Axl's because they started a new band and built a brand from the ground up. That brings respect. They don't have the cloud of the old band hanging over them like Axl because they had the courage to really move on. Not just move on in their minds.

Axl has traded respect he would gain fronting his own band in exchange for the extra money he makes being able to use the GNR name.

He would sell a fraction of the tickets he does with the exact same line-up were it not for the name, so he uses it.

What he fails to realize though is that is why his martyr act wears thin with the general public.

If you want respect and for people to take your current line-up seriously, allow them to develop their own identity where they are partners in it. Not employees of the band name you are trading off to make a few extra bucks at the turnstile.

With Axl though it all comes down to money.

If he cared about his band members the way he claims as far as them getting respect, he would change the name and make them partners in the band, instead of paid employees.

All of the problems he has and gets aggravated about are because he can't let go of the GNR paycheck, which he would have to do if he ever truly wanted to move on into the next phase of his career where he was seen as more than a traveling nostalgia act stuck in the past.

Thank you. Well said.

to all the fuckheads saying they are done with gnr.......don't let the door hit you in the ass.

It was a reply to the person who called everyone who feel they are done with GNR fuckheads (He clearly learned his english by watching Axl rants on youtube).

For me, it's two different bands. It's the original Guns, and it's Axl and his coverband. I would go to a GNR concert to see and hear Axl, that's it. That's my personal opinion.

I was hoping he would show up on Hall of Fame for the millions of fans who just wants to see him in the same room as Slash, but he won't. Is it so extremely strange that a lot of fans are disappointed by this?

No it's not. But, Axl doesn't owe you or anyone anything. I respect Axl's decision . It is his. We cannot force him to feel one way because it is people's rock n roll dream. For whatever reason Slash did something to him. We fully don't know what. You wouldn't like it if someone were to tell you to make amends with someone you don't want to. Example.... I wouldn't expect my father to forgive my mother for one night, just to make me happy at a party. Say my mother, cheated on him and really destroyed him mentally. I wouldn't keep bugging my dad to change his feelings and views. I would respect him, and let him be.

You dont think he owes anything to the total amount of fans that gave him a career?

That's not the point, Axl gives a shit about the CD era. That's a good start. Then fans can be fans. Or not. Reducing everything back to the AFD album and living in that state of nostalgic denial of the present is fun for fans. but for a band or artist it's like a prison.

It's a self imposed prison.

He would not be having any of these problems if he was touring as the Axl Rose band. He would be taken alot more seriously, and people wouldn't shit on his music the way they do because he is using the GNR name because it sells more tickets.

He has made the calculated decision that the prison is worth the extra money, and that the artistic freedom that would come from moving on does not outweigh the lost revenue the GNR name creates.

Call it for what it is. If Axl is in prison it's because he puts himself there by choice.

I knew from the start that it was going to be a problem with Axl in the same room with Slash. Thats why I said for me it would be fine if they didn't play just being in the same room was going to be good enough for me. This whole thing is very sad for me to watch. If Axl would just get some Counseling about his beef with Slash, it wouldn't fix all the problem between them, it would lesson the blow and maybe he would be able to live life a little better.

You dont think he owes anything to the total amount of fans that gave him a career?

Not the way you are thinking. He plays his ass off live. Never gave up on the name GUns N' Roses. You don't get it, he doesn't have to do something forced to say thank you!

It's a self imposed prison.

He would not be having any of these problems if he was touring as the Axl Rose band. He would be taken alot more seriously, and people wouldn't shit on his music the way they do because he is using the GNR name because it sells more tickets.

He has made the calculated decision that the prison is worth the extra money, and that the artistic freedom that would come from moving on does not outweigh the lost revenue the GNR name creates.

Call it for what it is. If Axl is in prison it's because he puts himself there by choice.

That would be best for him. This is sad for fans, even more so for you I'm sure. Should have been in response to Reckless Road.

Edited by Kira

Why shouldn't he choose to continue under Guns N' Roses? He never left. Yes he draws more attention with the name but we know a reunion and straight up bluesy rock with a token ballad is where the easy money would be at. He cares deeply about what GNR has meant to him and chose to rebuild and evolve, one of the biggest challenges you could put yourself under.

I knew from the start that it was going to be a problem with Axl in the same room with Slash. Thats why I said for me it would be fine if they didn't play just being in the same room was going to be good enough for me. This whole thing is very sad for me to watch. If Axl would just get some Counseling about his beef with Slash, it wouldn't fix all the problem between them, it would lesson the blow and maybe he would be able to live life a little better.

His problem is he wants a band that is the financial juggernaut the GNR name is, without the Slash baggage that comes with using it.

As long as he insists on calling himself GNR, Slash will be a cloud that hangs over everything he does.

That probably makes him incredibly bitter and spiteful because he can't get out from underneath it unless he moves on and starts a new band that stands on its own.

He woin't walk away from the GNR money though.

It has to be incredibly frustrating in his mind that he wants to be given the same treatment Slash/Duff get as far as people not shitting on him, but he can't take the big boy step they did and cut the cord.

Its an honor to be in the RRHOF. Any of you can say what you want, but without us, Axl is working at McDonalds. I hoped, but didnt expect, them to perform. So that was no big surprise that a performance wasnt going to happen. But I expected Axl to be there and be a part of history. Axl showed that he has no gratitude for his fans and anyone thats supported him. I thought that maybe he changed a bit since he's been a bit more fan friendly, getting on stage at a decent time and everything else. But I guess not. Axl is my favorite musician of all time, and theres nobody that even comes close. But regardless of what ANYONE says, this is a slap in the face to the fans. This is a slap in the face to ANYONE thats supported him, or spent any money on anything that hes been a part of. Without his fans, hes not even considered to be in the RRHOF. He can try to put out another album, but outside the hardcore fans (like us) NOBODY CARES about GNR. Axl basically said, "Fuck all of you." So you know what? Fuck you Axl Rose.