Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can say you wouldn't of liked to see them at least accept the award and walk off and never talk again then your nuts, performance was out of the question. But it would be nice to close the book on orig gnr the right way for the fans, I'm sure he made DJ very happy.

I know it's redundant, but might as well throw this into the thread if it hasn't been included -

"Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it."

Not even Chuck Norris can defeat Axl .

I just dont think he recognizes a bunch of people cherry picking bands for their own purposes. The R&R Hall of Fame represents the polar opposite of Axl's tenets, and I would have been shocked if he showed up. You are over thinking this.

For real if they got back together tomorrow do you honestly think the magic would still be there?

Oh come on.

A reunion would be a monster and you know it.

Look,I love the new line up and dig what their doing,and I was one of the few on here giving glowing reviews of Chi-Dem when it came out...but I can't deny the original line up,unlike some of the lollipops on here saying some utterly ridiculous things about the original guys.

Name me ONE GnR show..ever...where the place didn't absolutely erupt when the first notes of Sweet Child rang out.

Or where people weren't going apeshit to Paradise City.

The magic is there...it's inherit.

You can honestly tell me (without looking for a pat on the shoulder back stage at some future gig) that you wouldn't get chills up your spine seeing...let's say...even the '91 line up playing those songs again?

Please..

And I'm not looking for a reunion,and I wasn't hoping for one to emerge from the HOF (actually a new album instead of another fucking summer tour would be nice )...but to claim there would be no magic??

Dude..I just honestly don't believe you mean that.

I just can't picture you at a reunion show with your arms folded against your chest refusing to drink in what was going down.

Look...I kniow you're all about rah rah team Axl,and that's fine.

You're telling me...if Axl was on board,supporting a reunion tour,you wouldn't buy a ticket and it wouldn't blow your mind to see those guys play those songs again?

You honestly don't think the magic that lives within those songs wouldn't move you?

Fuck man..back in March,when I saw Slash in Toronto,he played one of the most blistering versions of Rocket Queen I'd ever heard.

I saw Guns between '91 and '93 6 times in three different countries,and I can tell you..in March 2012 the "magic" was alive and well in a dingy little club,with one original member.

Add Axl,Izzy and Duff and whoever on drums....no magic??

Utter nonsense.

I know it's redundant, but might as well throw this into the thread if it hasn't been included -

"Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it."

OMG! I had totally forgotten about that quote!

Eddie Trunk:

"Knowing What I Know About The Hall, I Like Him Even More For Standing Up To This Whole Thing"

http://www.vh1.com/m...rose-rrhof-snub

Eddie Trunk was always bitching about the RNRHOF

any rock fan bitches about the RNRHOF its an utter fucking joke

Seymour Stein is part of the induction committee and if you want to ask why Madonna got in, he's the reason why... when you have record execs involved in voting, they're motivated by sales and greatest hits reissues.

What's kind of funny, and I don't think many people realize this - David Geffen's first moneymaker for him was Laura Nyro. Geffen as you know signed GNR, and now he's one of the wealthiest people in the world. They weren't even going to invite Laura Nyro's son to the induction ceremony. Geffen isn't on the board, but I thought that it was interesting his first moneymaker and his biggest moneymaker are being inducted on the same night.

By Axl Rose not showing up and letting Steven Adler,Slash & Duff show up to accept the award for GNR he admits defeat that Slash,Duff & Steven ARE GNR. Thats what I think, Axl should have gone to just take control of the situation at least.

Thats more hurtful to the new band than just going there accepting the award & leaving, he didn't have to perform. Kind of weak not going there to confront the BS that has plagued the new band. Thing is, Slash has a new cd coming out that he's going to want to promote,Duff has Loaded,Izzy has his dirt bike and Pawn Shop and Steven has his band and Matt is trying to get a singer for VR so him,Duff and Slash can get back to business, a full on reunion isn't what would happen, the fans just wanted one last show while Axl can still sing. The original guys have too much stuff going on to throw away just to derail Axl's new guns.

Agreed. Axl had nothing to lose by attending the ceremony.

Hahaha on the DJ reference. I'm sure he was like, omg yes! I'm still Axl's little gimp. Not you Steven, ME!!! Oh Axellllllll, btw I just made these new demos for yous to listen to. Super secret handshake out.

So much shitposting these days

By Axl Rose not showing up and letting Steven Adler,Slash & Duff show up to accept the award for GNR he admits defeat that Slash,Duff & Steven ARE GNR. Thats what I think, Axl should have gone to just take control of the situation at least.

Thats more hurtful to the new band than just going there accepting the award & leaving, he didn't have to perform. Kind of weak not going there to confront the BS that has plagued the new band. Thing is, Slash has a new cd coming out that he's going to want to promote,Duff has Loaded,Izzy has his dirt bike and Pawn Shop and Steven has his band and Matt is trying to get a singer for VR so him,Duff and Slash can get back to business, a full on reunion isn't what would happen, the fans just wanted one last show while Axl can still sing. The original guys have too much stuff going on to throw away just to derail Axl's new guns.

Agreed. Axl had nothing to lose by attending the ceremony.

Yes he did, he would lose some time attending to a ceremony held by a bunch of retards who snubbed the band back in the day. IMO, he's just returning the favor.

Matt's put VR on the backburner, he's been working with Jane Lynch on keeping music in LA schools, already has Darling Stilettos, and doing a hard rock version of the Ringo Starr All Star Band which will prob. be an annual thing, and they all have Camp Freddy to get together and play for fun.

It's kind of weak for the Rock Hall to ignore Chinese Democracy.

Slash put 3 CDs out in 2 years - the first one kind of tanked, even with Fergie 's star power, then the hometown live album, but it sounds like it's coming together. Adler's CD, based on the new song, is suprisingly soliid,so hopefully he'll be too busy to bitch about Axl and harp on the old days.

All these separate projects will do more to bring them together than an award show. But do I think they will? Not unless it's all of them, and Axl has talked to Slash privately.

This is his victory. The ROR has lost. This is a big embarrassment for them, they wanted to take credit for getting them all on stage but Axl fucks it up for them. He won.

exactly awesome post :thumbsup:

Nope. It's the opposite. Eddie Trunk was dead on when he called the RRHOF on its true motivations: to try to be the catalyst for a reunion (even if a one off reunion) so that they could take credit for it.

This is Axl telling the RRHOF, press, general public, etc. that they can continue to try to define who/what Guns N' Roses is, but he won't be a willing participant.

Nope. It's the opposite. Eddie Trunk was dead on when he called the RRHOF on its true motivations: to try to be the catalyst for a reunion (even if a one off reunion) so that they could take credit for it.

This is Axl telling the RRHOF, press, general public, etc. that they can continue to try to define who/what Guns N' Roses is, but he won't be a willing participant.

:thumbsup: