Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP - congratulations Axl for an excellent letter & decision. :thumbsup:

wow the guy can hold on to a grudge......can't even stand besides those guys fon one fucking evening ...but i forgot he has to tour the chinese democrasy shit for the millionth time

It's disappointing. But in the big picture not a really big deal. The induction only seems like such a huge event because of what we've built it up into with all the discussion.

On the plus side, the letter does seem to indicate a commitment to more New Guns stuff. He still seems like he has something to prove with it by declining his induction. That's your number one sign he's going to release new music.

do you think anyone cares about "New" Guns N Roses

what little fans actually cared about hearing New Guns will definitely go down after this

I love Guns N' Roses. All incarnations.

Axl Rose, love the guys music.

But the one, true thing that really fucking irks me about that letter, isn't that he isn't showing up at the ceremony, it isn't that there won't be a reunion, I had no hopes of them playing anyway.

The one thing that bugs me, is this:

"I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."

So, Guns N' Roses will be in the Hall Of Fame, well, 4/5th's of GnR, which is ridiculous. Especially when the one missing member, is the only guy still fucking using the name, touring as the band, and has put out a record under the bands name.

So, Dexter, Mr. Bailey, W. Axl Rose, you can go fuck yourself. Show your band members, your fans of 25+ years, just a little, tiny bit of respect (which you've had a history of not giving a fuck about anyway, so I don't even know why I'm mad) and try to avoid being a selfish, outrageous douchebag.

Sincerely,

A Guns N' Roses fan ..who just wishes you could grow the fuck up.

Now put out a god damn record. Or song, or even the Better video.

It's disappointing. But in the big picture not a really big deal. The induction only seems like such a huge event because of what we've built it up into with all the discussion.

On the plus side, the letter does seem to indicate a commitment to more New Guns stuff. He still seems like he has something to prove with it by declining his induction. That's your number one sign he's going to release new music.

do you think anyone cares about "New" Guns N Roses

what little fans actually cared about hearing New Guns will definitely go down after this

k12, ladies and gentlemen, the voice of the fans.

I see nothing wrong with this. Axl can't and won't be bought. That's always been my favorite thing about him. He stands by his beliefs and principals.

Notice that he did give props to Izzy and Duff, and for good reason.

Slash and Steven are to blame here for the lies that they've spread about Axl over the years. You want someone to blame? Look no further than those two.

Well, my feelings for this whole HOF thing or not, I gotta say I'm just a little disappointed he's not going, and doesn't want to even be inducted. I didn't want to see a one-off performance, or any speech or hand-holding or whatever, but I thought it would've been cool if they all at least sat at the same table and put some of the "Axl is an asshole that destroyed the band" shit to rest. It is what it is, though, and I can kind of see where he's coming from in the letter.

I'm so disapointed, he said he wouldn't ruin this for us. He did the opposite in typical Axl rose fashion

You've been disappointed at all 3 shows you went to? I'm so sorry. Excluding Bruce Springsteen, the one I got to see was the best I've ever seen.

Called It Straight Away, basically what i said would happen.,Axl isnt going...bad times, ...sucks but i gotta say i said axl wouldnt even go right from the off so not a suprise to me at all, basically further confirmation that a reunion is NEVER gonna happen, this was the only likely scenario all 5 dudes would share the stage again..and with this that dream crumbles...RIP original guns...lets move on with this line up, they are killer after all, i just hope they release more music so they can stand on thier own 2 feet

Not entirely sure why people are getting so irate about this. Sure, I love the original band and I really thought there was a small possibility of him getting up onstage with the other guys and accepting the award. He isn't, and my life will go on. Sure I'm disappointed but it was always on the cards that he wasn't going to show. It in no way affects what I feel towards the new band, I love the new band as much as the old band and will continue to support them.

Edited by pobin123

I totally support Axl 's decision. Like others have said, he's staying true to himself. The man has integrity and self-respect. What he did takes a lot of guts. Though it's disappointing that he personally won't be inducted, I still respect his decision. And honestly, are you guys really that surprised? Axl's dedicated to his band. Not the band he used to play with. I'm just glad he's not giving in to what he doesn't want to do. There aren't many guys like him out there. And that's why he's my hero.