Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Izzy not going: Okay. Axl not going: How could he?!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts
  • 28-April 11

But Axl not gonna be inducted and Izzy is he still wants to be part of Guns N' Roses unlike Axl who is playing with his cover band.

So Axl's not gonna have his name up with Madonna and LL Cool J. So what? People were looking forward to the HoF because of a possible reunion or seeing them together, few care that GnR got into the RoF.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 2,321 posts
  • 21-February 12

But Axl not gonna be inducted and Izzy is he still wants to be part of Guns N' Roses unlike Axl who is playing with his cover band.

So Axl's not gonna have his name up with Madonna and LL Cool J. So what? People were looking forward to the HoF because of a possible reunion or seeing them together, few care that GnR got into the RoF.

Madonna made the RNRHOF :no: I was happy they made it and was hoping for a reunion but how he doesn't want to get inducted for something he started is pretty weird.

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

#WOO

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,749 posts
  • 28-April 11

Madonna made the RNRHOF :no: I was happy they made it and was hoping for a reunion but how he doesn't want to get inducted for something he started is pretty weird.

Axl's a strange guy. Some could think he wants to get inducted in the future with current GnR but let's be real - if things don't change, that's not gonna happen. I think he refused the induction as a sign of protest agains the RnRHoF for not induction current GnR or something.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter, 11 April 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Lim

Lim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 20-March 12
Not quite sure why Axls gettin the hate, Izzy just says no and gets away with it, but axl actually pour his heart out, explaining to the world why he won't be attending, and is as usual completely honest, but yet again he's the one getting all the hate. Has no one considered Steven calling axls band hacks, and scabs, or Slash making comments about Axl jsut making the situation worse? I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve hate, but like, Izzy bitched out to like he always did, why dont people hate him for it? Mainly my question is why is Axl the only one getting the hate? Granted he deserves it the most, I think other people are responsible as well. This isn't a hate post to anyone in GnR, I love everyone and still love them btw.

drtydane

drtydane

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 15-February 06

If axl were going izzy would too. That's the diff

It was confirmed Izzy's not going long before Axl's confirmation. :huh:

Just cuz we just found out doesn't mean shit. If axl we're willing to play with slash, izzy wouldn't b the one to ruin it.my opinion neways.
"Life is all about Guns n' Roses. Bittersweet like friends n' foeses. Some get left behind, some get chosen. Just like life, Guns n' Roses..."
Jay-Z Feat. Lenny Kravitz

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
Mark Canter said Izzy was camera-shy, and that was the reason.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 2,321 posts
  • 21-February 12

Axl's a strange guy. Some could think he wants to get inducted in the future with current GnR but let's be real - if things don't change, that's not gonna happen. I think he refused the induction as a sign of protest agains the RnRHoF for not induction current GnR or something.

But why would they be inducted I mean people stopped taking about CD a week after it was released also people won't give a crap if they put out a new album without Slas involved

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

#WOO

Chris 55

Chris 55

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • 18-February 06

Agreed. Steven and Slash, publicity whores that they are, who couldn't keep their traps shut as usual, had a huge part in Axl's decision not to attend, or now, not even recognize the Hall.

Axl's as much of a whore as they are. But, whatever, there's nothing anyone can do. They're grown men.
Posted Image

downzy

downzy

OH MY GOD

• MOD SQUAD
  • 4,096 posts
  • 18-February 06
The difference is Izzy doesn't refute his past, doesn't take issue with anyone, and will still be inducted in the R&RHOF whether he really cares or not. He doesn't go out of his way to cause a shitstorm of controversy. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the difference is Axl withdrawing his name and rebuking all associations with the past that got him to where he is. If he didn't wan to ruin this for the fans, he could have just kept his mouth shut (or at the very least, just say I won't be attending, everyone else have a good time) and focused on getting new music out there. But instead he chose to spit in fans faces by overshadowing the event for other present (Dizzy) and former members by asking for his name to be withdrawn. Izzy did non of these.

If you can't see the difference you might want to try removing your head from Axl's ass. Just a suggestion.

HowlinWolf

HowlinWolf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • 11-December 09
Axl Rose is 50 something and acts like a little teenage bitch still.
Tom-Ass

chevelle

chevelle

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts
  • 26-June 05
Maybe Axl would've went if Izzy did, since they were childhood buddies and all. Who knows though.

My 8-Bit Music. My Vinyl Collection.
Posted Image
November 5th, 2006 - Continental Airlines Arena

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,186 posts
  • 13-August 11
Have people not paid attention to the lyrics to Prostitute? Says it all there.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,749 posts
  • 28-April 11

The difference is Izzy doesn't refute his past, doesn't take issue with anyone, and will still be inducted in the R&RHOF whether he really cares or not. He doesn't go out of his way to cause a shitstorm of controversy. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the difference is Axl withdrawing his name and rebuking all associations with the past that got him to where he is. If he didn't wan to ruin this for the fans, he could have just kept his mouth shut (or at the very least, just say I won't be attending, everyone else have a good time) and focused on getting new music out there. But instead he chose to spit in fans faces by overshadowing the event for other present (Dizzy) and former members by asking for his name to be withdrawn. Izzy did non of these.

If you can't see the difference you might want to try removing your head from Axl's ass. Just a suggestion. :fuckyou:

Izzy wants to be recognized for his past work with GnR but not enough to attend the event or at least warn the fans he's not going. Did it ever go through your head that if Steven hadn't said Izzy wasn't going, people would still be expecting to see him in the ceremony? Izzy didn't explain himself so people could make up excuses for him, I guess. But you care way too much about a name on a museum, don't you? A plaque and a picture taken by an academy that considers The Temptations as a more worthy inductee and KISS or Motorhead does not reflect the fact that Axl does not want to be associated with his past achievements and doesn't give shit about his fans. Other actions of his really reflect that possibility but not this one. You know Axl's an emotional disaster that feeds off hatred. Even if it's been 15 years since he and Slash really split, the man still rants on and on about Slash and if you didn't see the fact that Axl would never, ever perform with Slash coming, you're blind. The 'shock' people seem to have gotten from his statement is ridiculous.

About that "head from Axl's ass" comment: Go fuck yourself. I did not show any lack of respect towards you. Do I like the new band? Hell yeah, I do. But I know when they fucking screw and when to criticize them and Axl. Get your fucking facts straight about me, downzy. Axl isn't right about not going in any way, shape or form but Izzy's not any more innocent than he is. Would I want a reunion, if that were even remotely possible? If current GnR keeps the cash-grab tours going on, hell yes, I'd much rather have a reunion. But that's not gonna happen any time soon, and there is no plausible piece of evidence that it would if Axl showed up. Is it Axl's fault he's not touring with classic GnR? Yes. Is it his fault we won't see the original 5 on the HoF? Yes. His AND Izzy's. Now we're gonna see a picture of the same guys that appear on TV all the time.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

rocker rockstar

rocker rockstar

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 22-March 07

Agreed. Steven and Slash, publicity whores that they are, who couldn't keep their traps shut as usual, had a huge part in Axl's decision not to attend, or now, not even recognize the Hall.

You can't completely blame them can you imagine how the media must have hounded them for responses on the subject. If you get asked the same questions over and over and over then sooner or later things may slip out.

The problem with Axl not going is that Axl is a major part of what made GNR popular. Him and Slash really need to be there for the fans to be happy.

Edited by rocker rockstar, 12 April 2012 - 01:35 AM.

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07

But why would they be inducted I mean people stopped taking about CD a week after it was released also people won't give a crap if they put out a new album without Slash involved

You mean like how people gave a crap about Slash's solo albums? Slash needed Fergie to get publicity for his last solo album.

What about VR? If it wasn't for Scott Weiland, there would have been no VR. And now, there is no VR because they can't get anybody the record company will support!

Only Adam Levine or Chad Kroegar can save VR now! LOL

No Slash was the best thing about Chinese Democracy. No Slash is the best thing for GnR's future and legacy too.

Omg you must earn minimum wage and have a fat gf.

CLASSIC!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users