Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Izzy not going: Okay. Axl not going: How could he?!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Midnight Rambler

Midnight Rambler

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • 08-August 06
I think the reason fans dont give izzy shit for not showing up is that hes not out there with a bunch of guys touring as 'guns n roses'. Simple.

maynard

maynard

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • 03-April 05
i guess the biggest difference is that izzy didn't keep the gnr name. he doesn't live from the past. he's moved on a LONG TIME ago.

axl, on the other hand, keeps showing how stuck in the past he is. filling his concert with songs from the past, complaining, putting himself as the victim, calling others a cancer.

well, izzy is an asshole for not going. but axl has a bigger responsibility. he's the owner of gnr. he should do a little more to respect the fans of that "brand".

i believe the day axl put business in front of the art, gnr was dead. and you can see how he treats it like business. his letter shows how he won't accept any mention on HoF. He will sue the ass of those people if anything goes "wrong".

that's the difference between him and izzy.

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05

Axl's decision was made up well before they were even nominated. The little crybaby bitch isnt capable of mustering up enough manhood to stand face to face to Slash and put the past behind them. What a little bitch.

Oh must be tuff for you going through life and getting mad over stuff that has nothing to do with you :rolleyes:

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

Roy79

Roy79

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts
  • 16-February 06

We knew there wouldn't be a reunion performance from the original line-up for quite some time now. Izzy isn't attending. But when MyGnR was informed by a Steven Adler interview of this fact, 80% of the forum, including me, said "I'm not mad at Izzy" or "Izzy knows what he'd be getting into". There was even a guy that said. "Good for Izzy. It seems he's not a fan of the circus". But unlike Axl, Izzy had not wasted half an hour of his life making it all clear and explaining himself to his fans and the HoF. Izzy just kept quiet. Axl, on the other hand, in a once in a lifetime demonstration of "giving a shit", made an open letter to the HoF clearing it all up and explaining his reasons for not going. But he got shit from the same board that was ok with Izzy not going. We all wanted to see Axl and Slash at least sitting in the same table or taking a picture together of course but someone who's been ranting on and on about his hate for Slash for over 14 years cannot have raised expectations for a reunion. That sucks, I know. It'd be awesome. But how the fuck can you people be so shocked about his latest announcement. Just a few days ago he said "not in a lifetime" when asked about a reunion. Izzy said nothing! We've been informed he's not going by Steven. What if Steven hadn't said it in an interview? If you're gonna shit on Axl for not going. At least treat Izzy the same way. People get every chance they can get to blame it all on Axl. And he's usually to blame. This time anyone who actually had expectations of a reunion after the last month's worth of interviews and claims are delusional.

Very well said, and couldn't agree more with you. Izzy was the one who broke up original GNR, Izzy was the one who cancelled HOF....yet people always blame Axl instead of Izzy.
Posted Image

The waveform of Chinese Democracy shows the true meaning of the song: 2 lightsabers...it's all about The Force. This shit beats spinning LP's backwards!!! Axl Rose welcomes YOU into the 21st century.....

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11
I guess its because Izzy hasn't been associated with Guns N' Roses since 1993-ish? Sure his music lives on and he played with GnR in 2006 for a few shows but that's about it. Izzy just does his own thing...

Axl on the other hand is still in the band and he owns the GnR name so naturally people expect a little more out of him. This has ended up being like the Van Halen inductions where the people being inducted aren't even in the band anymore! In fact, I think this will be an even bigger cluster fuck than that...
"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

smakci

smakci

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • 07-April 05
i think there is a big diference. izzy has been out of the spot light for almost 20 years now...Axl is doing his thing kicks ass when he wants to...so i do not think it is the same....

Ultrastar

Ultrastar

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • 17-January 06

i guess the biggest difference is that izzy didn't keep the gnr name. he doesn't live from the past. he's moved on a LONG TIME ago.

axl, on the other hand, keeps showing how stuck in the past he is. filling his concert with songs from the past, complaining, putting himself as the victim, calling others a cancer.

well, izzy is an asshole for not going. but axl has a bigger responsibility. he's the owner of gnr. he should do a little more to respect the fans of that "brand".

i believe the day axl put business in front of the art, gnr was dead. and you can see how he treats it like business. his letter shows how he won't accept any mention on HoF. He will sue the ass of those people if anything goes "wrong".

that's the difference between him and izzy.

Please tell me why Axl should drop the GNR name? It's his. He came up with the name. He has been there from the very beginning. He didn't kick anyone out. They left. So please tell me why he should stop using it? Is it the music? Because Chinese Democracy certainly sounded more like Guns N' Roses than anything Slash has done since then. Is it the live 3+ hour marathon performances that this incredible band of musicians puts on? Oh, maybe it's the musicians. That must be it. If thats it, hell they should have dropped the name Guns N' Roses, when Tracii Guns left the band. And I know all of the Reunionists that are so trapped in the Original AFD era will never accept the fact that the musicians that make up GNR now run circles around the AFD Lineup, but please, I beg of you show me anything that Slash can play that Ron Thal cannot.

I really fail to see why Axl should drop the name Guns N' Roses.
-Times I've seen Guns N' Roses LIVE!-
1st show: Inland Invasion in San Bernadino, CA. 9-23-06
2nd show: Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. 12-4-11
3rd show: House of Blues in Chicago, IL. 2-19-12
4th show: Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA. 3-1-12

GNR Band Members that I have met
Tommy Stinson =1, Dizzy Reed =1, Ron Thal =1, DJ Ashba =1, Frank Ferrer =1, Chris Pitman =1, Richard Fortus =1

UcudBmine

UcudBmine

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • 24-May 07

Axl's decision was made up well before they were even nominated. The little crybaby bitch isnt capable of mustering up enough manhood to stand face to face to Slash and put the past behind them. What a little bitch.

I'll let you know when I finished my timemachine. You'll be back in '87 in no time!

Untill then: Posted Image

zq7k.jpg

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

Who are you to say? Making up fiction without any evidence reflects on you, not on Axl.

What's ironic is that those who seem most invested in the past are the same ones who keep telling Axl to let it go.

Ultrastar

Ultrastar

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • 17-January 06
Part of me was hoping Axl would show, just so he could punch Slash in the face, then tell the HoF "Thanks to this lame ass award show, I'm going home" and spike the Mic. Now that would have been magical.

Tommy Stinson =1, Dizzy Reed =1, Ron Thal =1, DJ Ashba =1, Frank Ferrer =1, Chris Pitman =1, Richard Fortus =1

Original GNR

Original GNR

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • 13-May 06

Part of me was hoping Axl would show, just so he could punch Slash in the face, then tell the HoF "Thanks to this lame ass award show, I'm going home" and spike the Mic. Now that would have been magical.

No mate, that would have been pathetic and made Axl look like a complete tool.

Ultrastar

Ultrastar

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • 17-January 06
there would have been nothing pathetic about it

Original GNR

Original GNR

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • 13-May 06

there would have been nothing pathetic about it

Everything about it would have been pathetic. Would have made Axl look like a juvenile moron with the mental capacity of a teenager if he did something like that. Axl has beef with Slash, we get that. But Slash, Izzy, Duff also have their issues with Axl and they way he ran the band in the dying days of the old GnR. They've all recounted the same stories about his out of control ego and the way he controlled the band. Check out Izzy's interview from 2001. He pretty much said that Axl became a lunatic. But even after all that, the other guys were willing to put aside past grievances for one night in order to honour the occasion. But Axl as usual plays the victim and acts like NOTHING that has happened has ever been his fault.

I have no doubt that the old GnR broke up for a variety of reasons, and the other band members have their part to play in that. But Axl also has his share of the blame. He can't walk around for the rest of his life claiming that everyone is conspiring against him and that he has been an innocent victim in all the crap that has gone on. Duff puts it best in his new book. Yes, Axl's behaviour was a big part of why the old band broke up, but he fully accepted his share of the blame and the things that he did wrong. Duff = an adult, grown up, class act. Axl could learn a thing or two from Duff.

Mastodonny

Mastodonny

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • 12-February 10
The major difference here, between Axl and Izzy, is that Axl is the one that more or less claims to be GnR. Izzy doesn't. Izzy walked away from it a long time ago and hasn't really looked back. Axl on the otherhand....

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts
  • 28-April 11

The major difference here, between Axl and Izzy, is that Axl is the one that more or less claims to be GnR. Izzy doesn't. Izzy walked away from it a long time ago and hasn't really looked back. Axl on the otherhand....

Ohh, on one side Axl not associating himself with GnR by retracting his induction is a bad thing, 'cause he's pissing on everyone that got him where his is. On the other hand, Axl associating himself with GnR is bullshit as he doesn't want to have anything to do with the classic line-up anymore. Right. :rolleyes:

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users