Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Izzy not going: Okay. Axl not going: How could he?!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

Part of me was hoping Axl would show, just so he could punch Slash in the face, then tell the HoF "Thanks to this lame ass award show, I'm going home" and spike the Mic. Now that would have been magical.

Axl is avoiding Slash for 15 years now. I'm sure he'll shit his pants when Slash stands in front of him.

Why? How scary is Slash?

Ask Axl, he is the one who avoids him.

Plenty of reasons to avoid somebody you don't like. Fear doesnt have to enter the picture, contempt is enough.

I agree it is contempt that says everything about his motivation and his life. But I think it is fear also.

How would you know and what's so scary about Slash anyway?

And why would Axl's feelings about Slash alone reveal "everything" about his motivation and his life- those are big conclusions to draw based upon one relationship.

rudolf1978

rudolf1978

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • 17-December 11

Part of me was hoping Axl would show, just so he could punch Slash in the face, then tell the HoF "Thanks to this lame ass award show, I'm going home" and spike the Mic. Now that would have been magical.

Axl is avoiding Slash for 15 years now. I'm sure he'll shit his pants when Slash stands in front of him.

+1
REUNION OR QUIT

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • 04-December 11
If slash said he wasn't going, everyone would be fine, but because axl said hes not, everyones furious at him.

Original GNR

Original GNR

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • 13-May 06

If slash said he wasn't going, everyone would be fine, but because axl said hes not, everyones furious at him.

Err, I don't think that's true at all. If Slash said he wasn't going I think there'd be as much of an uproar.

dario27

dario27

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • 23-April 05
Axl is pathetic, there's no other word to describe him, if he desn't show, if he doesn't want to be included ok no problem, but it seems clear that he still carries that hate towards Slash which is the main corncern.

clearly, regardless of his attemp to convince everybody with his laughable letter, he IS NOT moving forward, the guy is stuck with his anger and all in the past.
it's difficult for him to release new music, he's gone for countless of lineups with his "vision of GNR" and he is stuck still.

guess its the curse of carring on with the name GNR, but it's only his responsibility and it might be too late to change things now, no matter what he does no matter what he attemps no matter the "different direction" in music he engages people will always want to hear Welcome to the jungle, sweet child, and the songs where Slash was involved with the band, and it pisses him off, and it's carrying that hate with him for years.

Jesus Christ he says it himself, time to move on, everybody else except for Steven HAS moved on, but he is not. man the fuck up.

ps: it's not even funny he still thinks his former bandmates want reunion "Izzy came out with us a few times back in '06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned. Duff joined us in 2010 and again in '11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough."

who's telling him that? they don't, they've moved forward, they have released more albums than he has, GNR is a lost project that has been touring a nostalgia act for 12 years, and he can't even see that.

Edited by dario27, 12 April 2012 - 09:08 PM.

Zint

Zint

• SILVER
  • 17,238 posts
  • 24-February 06
Apart from Matt's blah-dee-blah message that "Slash said that Izzy said"...has Izzy actually stated he's not going?

:confused:

2i0u9oh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users