Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

STEVEN ADLER Talks GUNS N' ROSES ROCK HALL Induction In Video Interview - Apr. 12, 2012

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media Crew
  • 19,050 posts
  • 28-December 02
Just yesterday (April 11), AOL's Noisecreep had the pleasure of hanging out with former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and his new band called, appropriately enough, ADLER.

Noisecreep's time with ADLER was spent within hours of Steven hopping an early-morning flight to Cleveland, where GUNS N' ROSES is being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame this weekend.

Noisecreep asked Adler about his feelings as the big day approached, and he was very open about how proud he is of his former outfit and their legacy.

Check out the video interview with Adler below.

Less than a week after calling the members of the band's current lineup "hacks" and then apologizing for it, Adler more or less insulted them again, telling Artisan News, "I apologized to them. I said the wrong word. I meant to say 'scabs.' But, you see, 'scabs' are something that . . . Big factories, when the main workers would go on strike, the factory would get people off the street and they would call them scabs. I wouldn't say they can't play. I would just say more the main people are on strike, (and) this is what Axl's [Rose, lead vocals] got going. Of course they're great players, or they wouldn't be playing with Axl."

Singer Axl Rose is the only remaining original member of GUNS. Adler, the group's founding drummer, was kicked out in 1990 because of his drug use.

Ex-GUNS guitarist Slash, who remains close with Adler and has helped him overcome drugs, told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that Adler was the least worldly member of the original band. "Steven is the epitome of, like, the rock 'n' roll teenager," he said. "He's like, you know, the most naive and most innocent of the bunch of us because he was just like, 'I just want to play drums and fuck girls,' and that's all he really, really wanted to do. The more complicated it got, the more he couldn't handle it."

Adler, Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, along with later member Matt Sorum, are confirmed to attend the induction ceremony. Guitarist Izzy Stradlin will apparently skip the event, as will Rose. GUNS will be inducted by the members of GREEN DAY.

The ceremony will be taped for broadcast by HBO, which plans to air it in early May.

axlrare.jpg

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11
Awww. I still feel really bad for Steven.

KiraMPD

KiraMPD

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • 03-December 11
^ as do I. Poor guy... I look forward to his acceptance speech! :xmasssanta:

Edited by KiraMPD, 12 April 2012 - 02:09 PM.

"Maybe it would've been best for the purists if we'd died or broken up. Then they'd get to keep it the way they liked it." - Axl Rose - Rolling Stone, April 2nd 1992, RS627

Posted Image - Izzy Stradlin 117 Degrees Of Seperation (1998) :D

(my shitty gallery >>> http://kiona-sko.deviantart.com/)

Estrangedfx

Estrangedfx

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • 07-May 03
Yeah,when Steven isn't shooting his mouth off, I do feel for the guy.He seems very sincere.I never thought of it as (for him),ending his legacy with the band,playing one last time,etc.Thats kinda heart breaking.But it is what it is.Everybody is still alive,this isn't going to kill anyone by Axl not showing,so just hope for the best from all former and current members.

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media Crew
  • 19,050 posts
  • 28-December 02
Hey at least this interview was much more respectful, kudos to him for that. Made his point without needless bashing

axlrare.jpg

blackrose87

blackrose87

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • 04-January 12
"5 guys just play music together, 1 more time" pretty straightforward.Feel bad for Stevie that it won't happen.Wish him the best with his new album.

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05

Hey at least this interview was much more respectful, kudos to him for that. Made his point without needless bashing

agree ....but.... he's still a dick :P

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 14,617 posts
  • 04-November 06
people openly mock steven because he's an easy target, but addiction is a horrible thing, and unfortunately many people who don't have the sort of personality that lends itself to addiction don't - and probably never will - understand just how terrible and devastating it can be.

axl was lucky insofar as that he seemed capable of partying without losing himself to it. the other guys weren't, and steven suffered the most. it's unfortunate and sad, but it's sadder to see so many fans always making digs against him or calling him pathetic. yes, drug addiction makes people pathetic, but addiction in essence isn't easily dismissed or something people find themselves willingly falling into. it's just sort of sad. :(

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

How?

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11
Jesus Christ. If Axl won't attend for the fans or himself, at least go for Stevie! :(

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,225 posts
  • 03-February 05
So we have to wait till may to see it? Fuck sake, I thought it was a live event and we could at least watch it this weekend. What a loads of shit.

33505513.jpg

My fan page - www.facebook.com/gnrukeuro

Motivation

Motivation

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • 21-March 12

I think another GNR member got this title too.
(mods please don't ban me for this :rolleyes: )

Desperado

Desperado

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • 14-February 05

How?

well just because he doesn't say something stupid this time doesn't mean he hasn't said anything stupid in the past

juhjj8.jpg
Sorry for my bad english.

SMG

SMG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • 30-October 11
:(

Guns N' Roses-Birmingham '06
Velvet Revolver-Wolves' '08
Guns N' Roses-Leeds '10 Birmingham '10
Slash- Made In Stoke '11
Guns N' Roses-Birmingham '12 Manchester '12 London '12
Slash-Manchester '12

Slash-Nottingham '13

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

How?

well just because he doesn't say something stupid this time doesn't mean he hasn't said anything stupid in the past

I'm sure you've said some shitty things in your past. I have as well, just like every other member of this forum. Does that make us all dicks though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users