Wow....extreme backlash everywhere

W 23 Axl III

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the disrespect in my eyes is this.

The RHCP new guitarist who has only been in the band a very short while and has been on ONE cd got inducted.... SO why not guys like 4tus, Stinson, and Pitman who have all been in the band longer than the original members?

That's quite an absurd notion. They are being honored because of the success of AforD. The people that lived it and created it. Not guys who accept a paycheck to tour old songs and put up with Axl's shit. I realize for a musician a job's a job, but being honored in the RRHOF for it? Please.

The RCHP guys actually treat their members with more respect when it comes to contributions, they probably requested he be included. With Axl, it's his way or the highway. Believe it.

The RHCP new guitarist who has only been in the band a very short while and has been on ONE cd got inducted.... SO why not guys like 4tus, Stinson, and Pitman who have all been in the band longer than the original members?

That's quite an absurd notion. They are being honored because of the success of AforD. The people that lived it and created it. Not guys who accept a paycheck to tour old songs and put up with Axl's shit. I realize for a musician a job's a job, but being honored in the RRHOF for it? Please.

The RCHP guys actually treat their members with more respect when it comes to contributions, they probably requested he be included. With Axl, it's his way or the highway. Believe it.

So, because RHCP treats their members with more respect, THAT constitutes why it's o.k. for Josh Klinghoffer to be in, but not Tommy Stinson? Really? And if it was a request, why honor that request and not Axl/GN'R's request?

There is no consistency with the HOF and their inductions. Which is why questions like ohmygod's are legitimate for discussion.

Ali

I said it in another thread somewhere,

he baited everyone else into coming, he had no intention of ever showing up.

imo

the rest will look pretty ridiculous showing up to accept an award for GNR without Axl being there,

given the fact they sold their claim to the band in name for a few bucks and now want to lay claim to the hof honor.

pretty funny really

Edited by shades

So, because RHCP treats their members with more respect, THAT constitutes why it's o.k. for Josh Klinghoffer to be in, but not Tommy Stinson? Really? And if it was a request, why honor that request and not Axl/GN'R's request?

There is no consistency with the HOF and their inductions. Which is why questions like ohmygod's are legitimate for discussion.

Ali

How can it be consistent? Every band is different. And Axl's request was absurd for reasons I've already stated. Tommy Stinson should be inducted with The Replacements but not GnR.

Ali

Yes, they should have inducted every musician credited on Chinese democracy. Ahahaha right...

Ali

Yes, they should have inducted every musician credited on Chinese democracy. Ahahaha right...

If they did, Axl'd come. But they wanted a reunion concert. So they made sure not to induct any of them. See how that goes? What did Josh do to RHCP that Tommy, Gilby and Paul didn't do for GnR? :shrugs:

Axl Rose is being bashed EVERYWHERE.

In the 1980s, any press was good press. Not in the internet age. He is getting murdered by everyone, and rightly so. Everyone just really disappointed in Axl.

I just hope people stop paying for tickets. He needs to be taught a lesson for once in his life.

No, I didn't murder Axl.

The last show that I was, everybody feels very happy for paid their tickets, everybody enjoy the show too much, n' everybody went out the show with a smile in their face.

In the 1980s, any press was good press. Not in the internet age. He is getting murdered by everyone, and rightly so. Everyone just really disappointed in Axl.

I just hope people stop paying for tickets. He needs to be taught a lesson for once in his life.

it's well deserved backlash, and he wonders why he doesn't get respect

it's well deserved backlash, and he wonders why he doesn't get respect

Newsflash: Axl doesn't give a fuck.

If you're a musician, you only care about having one Grammy to show off, or RIAA awards to put on the wall, or a magazine that gave you an award for best whatever.

Little Caesar - A band that will prob. never be inducted :P moving on...

The obvious is that it's not just past members of GNR as to why he's not going, it's because music industry people like Azoff go there, and he just washed his hands clean of him. He's up front at the Rock Hall... so Axl is going to be singing to him, Iovine, maybe a rock legend or two?

Even though Elton's inducted, I think he'd side with Axl on the snub. That's who they should be asking, because he would prob. say something funny & opinionated about it.

Some people say it's "very rock and roll" to not go.

What?

How is it "very rock and roll" to not go to a ceremony of induction for your band at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Hello, "rock and roll" is what the whole ceremony is about.

Who the fuck is this guy?

+1

Ron Young was one of the first singers that Slash considered for the first Slash's Snakepit album, that's who. There was a huge buzz in late 1994 about him.

I believe your quote more appropriately applies to 90% of post 1993 Guns N' Roses concert-goers (pick your random instrumentalist).

The thing that really gets me down about all of this, is that I thought Axl was really starting to cool off with the anger/grudge/conflict against Slash and everyone thought that the HOF was gonna be the icing on the cake for all of that, you know, squash the beef, past behind us, shake hands like men, instead it seems he did a 360 degree turn and just reheated things.

The fact that these two men may never make up is just sad, and the main problem is that Axl needs to simply call out Slash if he says he's lying, individually retorting against everything he feels Slash has done wrong to him, list it all, get it out in the open, otherwise public opinion is gonna be in Slash's favour not Axl's, because Slash's story lines up with Izzy's story, Duff's story, Steven's story, Matt's story, Gilby's story. I'm defintely not calling Axl a liar, but if he's got a case against Slash he needs to tell it to the public properly. In other words, if this was a court of law, the burden of proof is on Axl, not Slash.

The fact that these two men may never make up is just sad, and the main problem is that Axl needs to simply call out Slash if he says he's lying, individually retorting against everything he feels Slash has done wrong to him, list it all, get it out in the open, otherwise public opinion is gonna be in Slash's favour not Axl's, because Slash's story lines up with Izzy's story, Duff's story, Steven's story, Matt's story, Gilby's story. I'm defintely not calling Axl a liar, but if he's got a case against Slash he needs to tell it to the public properly. In other words, if this was a court of law, the burden of proof is on Axl, not Slash.

he may still not have a case, he views a very different reality from ours...

I agree, stop being a self important fuck and stop twisting words and just let it out Axl, stop trying to be a lawyer and let rip on all the wrongs the old band supposedly have done !

Or have you just gone too far to turn back and admit you blew very thing out of perspective because as far as I can see, all the old band have very valid reason to slate you?

Come out onstage and air your issues if you think your in the right ?

But no you'll stay locked up in your house and read about it the next day and look for a reason to bitch and moan about this or that.

What a fucking let down for ALL the people who put you on that pedestal.

Guest axleu

Outside of the USA, NOBODY gives a shit about the Rock n' roll hall of fame. Just saying. They're about to tour in Europe, they won't sell less tickets because Axl didn't come. The same goes for South America and Asia.

Outside of the USA, NOBODY gives a shit about the Rock n' roll hall of fame. Just saying. They're about to tour in Europe, they won't sell less tickets because Axl didn't come. The same goes for South America and Asia.

Very true, can't wait to see them.

i agree 2 cant wait to c him in may

Very true, can't wait to see them.

+1 :thumbsup:

Fuck RHOF.

I wonder if he has a clue how much he's being destroyed? Or are his "handlers" sheltering him? Maybe he has no idea what's going on. And my guess if he did he really wouldn't care.

This is the most sane comment of the past week. No-one in Australia knows about the RRHOF, and therefore couldn't give a Rat's arse about Axl's decision. If he tours Australia then his fans will flock to see him play - ge's loved Down Under. !

The fact that the HOF was charging inductees thousands of dollars for tickets just proves it is an exploitive business entity - NOT a legitimate industry authority with the right to hand out awards !

Peace, and long live G'n'R. :)

That is a pretty inaccurate statement to be honest. Axl's letter was brought over to the local news in most towns in Europe! And I am talking about mainstream online and non-online media...