Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What About Izzy Not Attending?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

GNFR2003

GNFR2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • 05-January 12
--Where is all the psychoanalysis why the other founding member (Axl and Izzy started band), and the other key songwriter is not attending?

--Why aren't folks blaming Izzy for skipping the event? If he isn't there, and Axl was, it still wouldn't have been a "reunion" that everyone is so upset at Axl about.

--Amazing to me, and it speaks volumes, that the two guys who started the band and wrote the majority of material aren't going to be there?

--So is Slash really showing up for the fans---or is it about another chance to draw media attention? Who knows, I certainly don't, but I find it funny that Izzy and Axl certainly don't feel this is an event they need to attend to justify their careers.

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • 21-February 12

--Where is all the psychoanalysis why the other founding member (Axl and Izzy started band), and the other key songwriter is not attending?

--Why aren't folks blaming Izzy for skipping the event? If he isn't there, and Axl was, it still wouldn't have been a "reunion" that everyone is so upset at Axl about.

--Amazing to me, and it speaks volumes, that the two guys who started the band and wrote the majority of material aren't going to be there?

--So is Slash really showing up for the fans---or is it about another chance to draw media attention? Who knows, I certainly don't, but I find it funny that Izzy and Axl certainly don't feel this is an event they need to attend to justify their careers.

Yeah weird how both aren't going also Slash is probably doing it for media attention

Posted Image

Russel Nash

Russel Nash

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  • 04-January 12

Yeah weird how both aren't going also Slash is probably doing it for media attention

He`s promoting his new solo album.

"What good can come from comfort? It's not goin' be art." ~Jack White

riot

riot

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • 24-May 07
what's sad is that people will say:
- izzy's just being izzy, you know the guy doesnt like limelight, media etc...
- axl is just being axl, he's an asshole. he can't do it for the fans, can't put all this media sucks, corporate bullshit aside for one night... etc

lame.
steel dragon's the best

Coma16

Coma16

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,476 posts
  • 27-May 11
Criticisms is on Axl because he IS Guns N' Roses.

#GuitarInHand

401914_10152867527845352_1449427467_n.jp

Snowmass

Snowmass

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts
  • 22-October 08

Criticisms is on Axl because he IS Guns N' Roses.

Correct. Axl is the lightening rod....he was/is GnR. He & Slash. Noone (the general masses) really cared about the others. We here all know Izzy (Duff & Steven) but most folks who think Guns N Roses and SCOM or Jungle don't have a clue of the names other than Axl & Slash.

Edited by Snowmass, 13 April 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Sail away sweet sister...sail across the sea...maybe you'll find someone who'll love you half as much as me...

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,598 posts
  • 13-August 11
The truth is, the only people that care about Izzy are the ones who know that Izzy was the brains behind the music of Appetite for Destruction. No Izzy, no Appetite.

Chris 55

Chris 55

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts
  • 18-February 06

He`s promoting his new solo album.

Or he could be like Axl who doesn't show and promotes his new tour via open letter to the media.
Posted Image

maynard

maynard

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • 03-April 05
i guess only axl fans think that being in the media and promoting your music is selling out.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,552 posts
  • 12-December 08

i guess only axl fans think that being in the media and promoting your music is selling out.

Do you think all the PR Axl has received the last few days will hurt future album sales? ;).

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,690 posts
  • 28-April 11
General Public has no idea who Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke or any nuGnR member (besides Axl) is. That's why the general media doesn't give a shit about Izzy not going. :shrugs:

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

drtydane

drtydane

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 15-February 06
You guys are redic. If axl were to show, izzy wouldn't b the one to ruin it for the fans. But if axl isn't going why would izzy? Knowing his history I mean. I honestly think if izzy believed axl was going to get along with slash for a few songs without any crazy bullshit, he wouldn't deprive us of a three song reunion set.
"Life is all about Guns n' Roses. Bittersweet like friends n' foeses. Some get left behind, some get chosen. Just like life, Guns n' Roses..."
Jay-Z Feat. Lenny Kravitz

Gunner927

Gunner927

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • 09-December 11
I was honestly upset more when I first heard Izzy wasn't going than when I heard about Axl.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 14,073 posts
  • 28-January 11

General Public has no idea who Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke or any nuGnR member (besides Axl) is. That's why the general media doesn't give a shit about Izzy not going. :shrugs:

Back in the day was all about Axl and Slash, I can tell you.

qlq4.jpg

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,690 posts
  • 28-April 11

Back in the day was all about Axl and Slash, I can tell you.

Axl and Slash are the main cats. It's like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards or Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. But on such a level that if Slash were to re-join GnR (just fictional thinking) as it is today (replacing Ashba or Ron), the general public wouldn't mind not having the original members. That's how important Slash and Axl are to GnR, especially in the eyes of the general public.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users