Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What About Izzy Not Attending?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

trqster

trqster

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • 08-August 06

General Public has no idea who Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke or any nuGnR member (besides Axl) is. That's why the general media doesn't give a shit about Izzy not going. :shrugs:

Back in the day was all about Axl and Slash, I can tell you.

Axl and Slash are the main cats. It's like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards or Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. But on such a level that if Slash were to re-join GnR (just fictional thinking) as it is today (replacing Ashba or Ron), the general public wouldn't mind not having the original members. That's how important Slash and Axl are to GnR, especially in the eyes of the general public.

This.

95% of people out there just care about Slash (and Axl) - anyone else is simply ignored. Who thinks otherwise is delusional... :shrugs:

Old-timer Gn'R fan since '88... 

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,579 posts
  • 12-December 08

i guess only axl fans think that being in the media and promoting your music is selling out.

Do you think all the PR Axl has received the last few days will hurt future album sales? ;).

Once they started pointing out Roger Waters and McCartney were no shows.. it kind of changed things a bit, didn't it? The Pistols no show and letter... it just goes along the lines of not caving in to "the man".

Everyone has a different take on what a sell out is.

Scumcat Esq.

Scumcat Esq.

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • 05-January 06

Criticisms is on Axl because he IS Guns N' Roses.

Correct. Axl is the lightening rod....he was/is GnR. He & Slash. Noone (the general masses) really cared about the others. We here all know Izzy (Duff & Steven) but most folks who think Guns N Roses and SCOM or Jungle don't have a clue of the names other than Axl & Slash.

I'd love it if Slash said, "Fuck that shit! Axl's not attending, Izzy's MIA. It's all of us or none of us. I'm not going!"

It doesn't really matter what you've got to say.
They never fucking listen to you anyway. © Wattie Buchan

Apollo

Apollo

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,903 posts
  • 15-July 03

i guess only axl fans think that being in the media and promoting your music is selling out.

What is strange is how they base their opinions depending on what Axl does.

Axl and Izzy have integrity and are true rock and rollers for not showing up.
Slash and Duff are media whores and sell outs for showing up.

But I promise you that if Axl and Izzy showed up and wanted to play, and Slash and Duff chose not to, and Slash wrote a long woe-is-me letter, the same fans would be praising Axl to know end, and crucifying Slash and Duff.

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,591 posts
  • 04-November 04

I posted some where on this board over a month ago that Izzy was not attending. It has nothing to do with Axl, Slash, the HOF or anyone else. The President could be awarding The Medal of Honor to Izzy and he would not show up. Izzy does not like the public attention. When is the last time any of you have even seen a pic of Izzy. Just leave him alone.

Yeah, but why the disparity in outrage? In theory, both would be denying the fans who wanted a reunion, even if just in accepting the induction, what they wanted. Axl's just been more direct and open as to why he's not going and the fact itself that he's not going.

Ali

Chris 55

Chris 55

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • 18-February 06

What is strange is how they base their opinions depending on what Axl does.

Axl and Izzy have integrity and are true rock and rollers for not showing up.
Slash and Duff are media whores and sell outs for showing up.

What a media whore

There is nothing wrong with having your band be honored for all the work you've done in the past (although making you pay to show up is kinda cheese). You guys would all be singing a different tune if Axl decided to go.

Edited by Chris 55, 13 April 2012 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • 24-October 11
Axl and Slash were the frontmen of the band.
chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,933 posts
  • 28-January 11

What the fuck is that scream? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Original GNR

Original GNR

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • 13-May 06
Personally I don't think it's right that Izzy is snubbing the event. I would love to see him there. But the difference between Axl and Izzy is that Axl still carries the Guns N Roses name. Axl is the voice, the front man.

The problem for me is not that it's just because Axl isn't going - if he has valid reasons then that is fine. But I don't believe this spiel about "standing up to the HOF". He isn't going because he clearly had discussions with the Hall about having his current lineup inducted or to play live. Which is ridiculous. What they have to do with AFD and UYI I don't know. Axl still carries on as if nothing that has happened over the last 25 years is his fault. Sure, other people deserve blame for various things, but so does Axl - and the longer he continues with his persecution complex, the harder it will be for people to give him leeway and understanding.

Izzy should show up because he is one of the most important members of GnR. The brains. The problem is, we don't really know what Izzy's reasons are for not showing up because he hasn't spoken out. With Axl he has spoken out, and for SOME of us his reasoning is pathetic.

Edited by Original GNR, 13 April 2012 - 12:59 PM.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,810 posts
  • 28-April 11

What the fuck is that scream? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Worst. Scream. Ever.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Ali

Ali

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,591 posts
  • 04-November 04

Personally I don't think it's right that Izzy is snubbing the event. I would love to see him there. But there difference between Axl and Izzy is that Axl still carries the Guns N Roses name. Axl is the voice, the front man.

The problem for me is not that it's just because Axl isn't going - if he has valid reasons then that is fine. But I don't believe this spiel about "standing up to the HOF". He isn't going because he clearly had discussions with the Hall about having his current lineup inducted or to play live. Which is ridiculous. What they have to do with AFD and UYI I don't know. Axl still carries on as if nothing that has happened over the last 25 years is his fault. Sure, other people deserve blame for various things, but so does Axl - and the longer he continues with his persecution complex, the harder it will be for people to give him leeway and understanding.

Izzy should show up because he is one of the most important members of GnR. The brains. The problem is, we don't really know what Izzy's reasons are for not showing up because he hasn't spoken out. With Axl he has spoken out, and for SOME of us his reasoning is pathetic.

What does Josh Klinghoffer have to do with Mother's Milk or Blood Sugar Sex Magic or Californication? Nothing, and yet he was inducted. Dio was a part of two respected and appreciated and successful Black Sabbath albums and yet he was ignored. This inconsistency leaves room for arguments like the potential induction of Tommy Stinson.

Ali

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,253 posts
  • 12-December 08

Do you think all the PR Axl has received the last few days will hurt future album sales? ;).

Once they started pointing out Roger Waters and McCartney were no shows.. it kind of changed things a bit, didn't it? The Pistols no show and letter... it just goes along the lines of not caving in to "the man".

Everyone has a different take on what a sell out is.

Yeah, I agree. In the longer run I think the "HOF incident" will just add to Axl's reputation and mythology and make him even more irresistible to the media, and the more you are in media the easier it is to sell record. And the great thing about this is that Axl is just being himself, he is not doing stunts like this to sell record. His way of being popular is the opposite of most artists who often try to hard: he shuns the media, rarely do interviews, and generally acts like a hermit.

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

Chris 55

Chris 55

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • 18-February 06

Yeah, I agree. In the longer run I think the "HOF incident" will just add to Axl's reputation and mythology and make him even more irresistible to the media, and the more you are in media the easier it is to sell record. And the great thing about this is that Axl is just being himself, he is not doing stunts like this to sell record.

Nope, all he has to sell is a tour which he mentioned in his letter. He didn't even have to leave his house!

Edited by Chris 55, 13 April 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

Scumcat Esq.

Scumcat Esq.

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • 05-January 06
Duff should go. Out of that lineup, nobody is able to present the band like him now. He can give a nice speech about the band and their induction. Sometimes all of them can be funny as hell, but when Axl speaks, you need an interpreter, when Steven speaks, you need subtitles, when Slash speaks, you just start nodding, besides you see and hear him like 24/7/365.

It doesn't really matter what you've got to say.
They never fucking listen to you anyway. © Wattie Buchan

HowlinWolf

HowlinWolf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • 11-December 09
From Izzy's staement it looks like he would of showed up if there wasn't so much drama surrounding this. Thank the red headed bitch for that.
Tom-Ass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users