Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

STEVEN ADLER On Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup: AXL ROSE 'Doesn't Believe In Any Of Us' - Apr. 13, 2012

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Original GNR

Original GNR

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • 13-May 06
John Parks of Legendary Rock Interviews recently conducted an interview with former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER drummer Steven Adler. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Legendary Rock Interviews: Has it sunk in yet about the [Rock And Roll] Hall Of Fame? I know you've been a rock star for a long time but was this induction something you ever even considered?

Steven: No, but it's like everything that we dreamed about and believed in and it's something I am proud to notch off on my belt. We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth. Most of my idols made albums, toured around the world, fucked girls, and yes, did drugs and drank too much. I did every single thing I wanted to do and got every single thing I wanted except I never wanted to get kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES. I always and still think we should be together like AEROSMITH or THE [ROLLING] STONES. We should have been a band that lasted 30 or 40 years like that; that's what my dream was. That part of the dream just didn't happen. First it was me, then Izzy, then Slash and Duff, but I still love those guys, even Axl; they're my brothers. We accomplished so many of our dreams and to be able to all be out there still working and creating and more than anything, anything to still have our connections with the fans. We are blessed.

Legendary Rock Interviews: [During a recent interview, Slash's longtime friend and author] Marc [Canter] was really hoping that Duff [McKagan] could somehow be the voice of reason and broker a meeting of the minds between Axl and Slash but he seems to think that it's all just one big misunderstanding.

Steven: Axl doesn't believe in any of us. I have a feeling if he would've shown up [at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame], it would only be to perform with his band of scabs. . . Those guys are great players, they're great performers, but they're not GUNS N' ROSES. They're just not. I just wanted the same thing all of the fans want, which is to show up and play together. It's only rock and roll. It's not that hard — just show up, put the fans first and be a rock and roll band, if only for their sake. It's the fucking least we could do after everything the fans have given us. The fans have given us our careers for all these years. The fans were there then and they're still the reason we can play music and have careers. They love the five of us and they'd still love us and I don't understand why he can't see that. I'm not saying this out of pride or whatever, I'm saying it because it's the truth. There is not one rock and roll band that the fans have wanted to see a reunion of more than GUNS N' ROSES. Duff is a smart, smart man. You would have hoped that he could do that, like Marc said, somehow make sense of it all to Izzy and Axl, but all I know is Axl and Izzy can still no-show if that's what they want, and by all indications that's the case. Maybe Slash, Duff and I can still play with a couple other guys and rock and roll. Hell, I will personally guarantee you that, if nothing else, I will go up onstage with my drums and play to a CD of "Appetite" because the fans deserve it. I can't speak for Izzy and Axl, but I love and respect the fans — GN'R has the best fans in the world, the most loyal and sweet fans in the world — and it would be a slap in the face to them to not do something. It's one thing to get inducted in the Hall Of Fame, but what I want, what I really want more than anything, is just the chance to finish what I started with those assholes. (laughs) I'd like to notch that off on my belt that we could get up on stage just once and finish what we fuckin started in that little studio in Silverlake.

LRI: I can’t wait to hear the entire new album as well as Slash’s. It might be a while before we hear the sequel to Chinese Democracy. Steven, we recently interviewed your old managers Alan Niven and Vicky Hamilton as well as you and Slash’s longtime friend and author Marc Canter. The Niven one is already up and the others are coming and I was struck by how NICE everyone was in their descriptions of what you brought to the band. We all sort of agreed that in many ways the band was never the same after you and Izzy were gone.

Steven: Man….thank you John. Thank all of you…I love Marc and Vicky. You talked to Marc? I LOVE Marc. I love that man. Marc was huge to Guns N’ Fuckin Roses. Huge. Aside from feeding us and having the best Deli in town he and Jack Lue took all of our early pictures that mattered. Have you seen the book RECKLESS ROAD? It’s a friggin work of art that book. It’s genius and it’s that good and that comprehensive because Marc was there for EVERYTHING. What’s truly, truly amazing is that as long as Slash and I have known the guy he has never asked us for anything. Nothing. He was just a wonderful person to all five of us and that’s a fact. I need him. I’ll always need him and he knows it but he has never done anything because there was something in it for him and that just blows my mind. I mean every time I call him or his son I need a favor (laughs). I love Marc and I love his entire family because everything they have ever done was done out of a love for the music, the band and their friends Slash and Steven. When you come out to the coast and meet Marc be sure and look at his ear. Ever since we’ve known him, ever since we were in junior high, Marc Canter has had a little tiny pencil above his ear. He knows all and sees all!!

LRI: You’ve had plenty of time to think about what you’re gonna say in Cleveland at the Hall Of Fame and plenty of time to think about all the crazy business shit involved with the disintegration of GNR. What did Vicky Hamilton do to really set the table for Guns N Roses??

Steven: What didn’t she do?? (laughs). I love Vicky Hamilton. There are probably four or five people tops that I will be mentioning by name at the Hall of Fame and they are certainly among the people who TRULY DESERVE to be thanked. I love Vicky and Marc so much because they truly, truly believed in our band and put their own asses on the line for us. The Vicky thing was devastating to me personally. It was just like this reunion bullshit with Axl in that I had no say in it whatsoever. I didn’t want to see Vicky leave as our manager, not at ALL, but a couple, a couple of the other guys did. They were concerned and saying “Well, she’s a woman and people are thinking she’s not doing as good of a job as a man could do”. I did not feel that way and I was very hurt when we could not take her with us as our career went forward.

Link to full interview:http://www.legendary...x-guns-n-roses/

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07

Axl doesn't believe in any of us. I have a feeling if he would've shown up [at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame], it would only be to perform with his band of scabs. . .

Great job Steven! Axl will never pay for your rehab bills ever again! Nor will you ever get to party like a rockstar for FREE ever again!

Omg you must earn minimum wage and have a fat gf.

CLASSIC!!!

Caught in a Coma

Caught in a Coma

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • 06-January 12

Axl doesn't believe in any of us. I have a feeling if he would've shown up [at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame], it would only be to perform with his band of scabs. . .

Great job Steven! Axl will never pay for your rehab bills ever again! Nor will you ever get to party like a rockstar for FREE ever again!

You conveniently omitted the part where he said how great of musicians they are to bash him even more. Nice...

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • 13-March 06

You conveniently omitted the part where he said how great of musicians they are to bash him even more. Nice...

I don't know. Even if you add where he says they're great players, it's like telling someone "you look awful, but you're really attractive"

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • 18-June 10
Just let go already Steven. Clearly GN'R didn't become another AC/DC. Too bad.

Posted Image

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04

Oh no, he doesn't get to bask in the glow of Axl Rose's aura ever again. What ever will he do?

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 2,321 posts
  • 21-February 12
Steven no one cares anymore

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate, 13 April 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

#WOO

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • 24-October 11

Oh no, he doesn't get to bask in the glow of Axl Rose's aura ever again. What ever will he do?

More drugs.
chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • 16-October 11
Stevie needs one of those kooky masks Hannibal Lecter wears.

'I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall, I let it fill my head with dreams and had to have them all.'

''You're a very sexy girl who's very hard to please, you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them f- GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!!'' - Axl, Roskilde Festival 06

shotgunblues1978

shotgunblues1978

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • 21-August 08
Steven doesn't care about the fans. He cares about himself, and getting high. That's it. The reason he wants a reunion so badly is because he's broke.

dude69

dude69

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • 03-April 05
While Steven may "bask in the glow of Axl's aura," it seems to me that Axl continues to bask in the glow of the old GNR aura.

He is the one who has to have the name despite being the only original member, and he is the one who sells out concerts playing primarily the material that was produced with the old band. He has done nothing of note since then and lives on what was achieved with the old lineup.

Seems to me like they all basked in the aura of each other.

Axl Rose aka God

Axl Rose aka God

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • 04-September 06
Not gonna bash Steven Adler as much as I want to...but...he needs to know his role...
Posted Image

chorrada

chorrada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • 07-April 12
That guy is so full of love.

Snowmass

Snowmass

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts
  • 22-October 08

That guy is so full of love.

He means no harm. He's about 14 years old at heart and the drugs have wreaked havaoc on him. Axl shouldn't take Steven so fucking seriously.
Sail away sweet sister...sail across the sea...maybe you'll find someone who'll love you half as much as me...

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04
I do think it's funny how he confirmed what some here had been saying as sort of a joke, that he would get on stage and drum to someone playing the 'Appetite' CD on a stereo if that's what it came down to. Methinks Steven has been spending some time online. Either that or people around here really have Steven figured out quite well.

Anyway, Steven, you're the man and I really appreciate your enthusiasm.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users