Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

STEVEN ADLER On Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup: AXL ROSE 'Doesn't Believe In Any Of Us' - Apr. 13, 2012

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

bigburgersforerryone

bigburgersforerryone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 21-February 12
he loves to evoke the 'fans' "the fans this, the fans that. its all about the fans. oh i am so selfless." this isn't about the fans steven, its about you and how much a reunion would have helped you. hes manipulative and conniving. its so thinly veiled and so obvious yet so many will gush over him and be in awe of how wonderful and selfless poor steven is. if only axl shared steven's heartfelt and loving sentiments toward the fans. please.

as a fan i was given life changing music, a soundtrack to my youth, awesome once in a life time concert experiences, in return for such a timeless gifts i paid a small amount of $$. i paid and i got what i paid for. beyond that however, i am not owed, nor is anyone else, a damn thing.

Edited by bigburgersforerryone, 13 April 2012 - 02:10 PM.

nonlinear

nonlinear

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • 13-January 06
this board is full of assholes and fucking idiots. that was a GREAT interview. steven certainly has his fair share of problems, but he does have a good heart and was a founding member of this fucking joke of a band and deserves a bit of respect. i know most of you are 12-14 years old, but grow up a bit. :thumbsdown:

I do think it's funny how he confirmed what some here had been saying as sort of a joke, that he would get on stage and drum to someone playing the 'Appetite' CD on a stereo if that's what it came down to. Methinks Steven has been spending some time online. Either that or people around here really have Steven figured out quite well.

no it wasn't a joke, Steven actually said that in a previous interview a couple of weeks ago. that will be fucking awesome if that's how it goes down (in a cool and comical kiinda way)!!! :thumbsup:

Orsys

Orsys

Born to be Mild

• SILVER
  • 3,960 posts
  • 30-May 09

he loves to evoke the 'fans' "the fans this, the fans that. its all about the fans. oh i am so selfless." this isn't about the fans steven, its about you and how much a reunion would have helped you. hes manipulative and conniving. its so thinly veiled and so obvious yet so many will gush over him and be in awe of how wonderful and selfless poor steven is. if only axl shared steven's heartfelt and loving sentiments toward the fans. please.

as a fan i was given life changing music, a soundtrack to my youth, awesome once in a life time concert experiences, in return for such a timeless gifts i paid a small amount of $$. i paid and i got what i paid for. beyond that however, i am not owed, nor is anyone else, a damn thing.

I agree. I can't say that I take all of this GnR stuff seriously, just a bubble gum break for the most part. But for some reason Steven going on like this bugs me, like a gnat flying around my ear bugs me. Concerned about the fans Steven? Shame you couldn't stay away from the drugs and maintain an ability to play your drums back when you were a part of that band, you know, for the fans.
Some days you're the statue, some days you're the pigeon.

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
  • 16-October 11

He has done nothing of note since then

Posted Image

rock3

'I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall, I let it fill my head with dreams and had to have them all.'

''You're a very sexy girl who's very hard to please, you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them f- GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!!'' - Axl, Roskilde Festival 06

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

Axl doesn't believe in any of us. I have a feeling if he would've shown up [at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame], it would only be to perform with his band of scabs. . .

Great job Steven! Axl will never pay for your rehab bills ever again! Nor will you ever get to party like a rockstar for FREE ever again!

Oh no, he doesn't get to bask in the glow of Axl Rose's aura ever again. What ever will he do?

That's easy to answer. Make endless statements saying the same thing over and over and over again.

Zeppelin

Zeppelin

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts
  • 15-October 04
Problem with Adler is that he probably doesn't remember giving his last interviews. He is the mental equivalent of a broken record. Literally.
Ramble On

RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
  • 16-October 11
So we've established that Adler is like the War On Terror?

'I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall, I let it fill my head with dreams and had to have them all.'

''You're a very sexy girl who's very hard to please, you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them f- GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!!'' - Axl, Roskilde Festival 06

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • 07-August 05
Like Joe Perry said, you can't take yourself too seriously if you're an arena rocker. You have to compromise sometimes. Not a direct quote.

My instrumental/alternative metal -project, Tohtori Caligari:

The LP: www.mikseri.net/varjojentalo/
The EP: www.mikseri.net/insomniakaaos/

EP for a short story I wrote (in Finnish, sorry): www.mikseri.net/danterperillis/

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11
Reality is, Alder and Rose are polar opposites. Adler says it like it is, Rose hides behind a curtain.
Adler was the first to go, Alder was the one who said it to Axl like it is. Fucking funny really :D

Edited by vaida, 13 April 2012 - 03:30 PM.

gnr_zps958a9313.png

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,406 posts
  • 15-July 03
So Axl is The Man for speaking out and voicing his opinion.
But Slash and Steven should both just stfu and not voice their opinions.
OK. Makes sense.

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,565 posts
  • 03-January 04

OK. Makes sense.

Groghan, certainly nobody could claim that you don't have your own distinct style :lol:

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

OK. Makes sense.

There's a difference between somebody's right to "express their opinion" and saying more or less the same thing in several interviews given multiple times a week.

But then that's your approach to your posts so I can understand if you feel a sense of kinship with Steven.

Scumcat Esq.

Scumcat Esq.

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • 05-January 06

That guy is so full of love

today.

It doesn't really matter what you've got to say.
They never fucking listen to you anyway. © Wattie Buchan

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • 25-January 08

OK. Makes sense.

There's a difference between somebody's right to "express their opinion" and saying more or less the same thing in several interviews given multiple times a week.

But then that's your approach to your posts so I can understand if you feel a sense of kinship with Steven.

Bullshit. You have posted almost every other day for the past year. What makes you think you are entitled to spout your little shitty pearls of wisdom and then criticize anyone for saying their piece. The irony is you think you have a right to attack them for saying the same thing but if they said different things they would also be attacked. Its their opinion if your bored by them dont read their interviews.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,948 posts
  • 01-February 06

No, but it's like everything that we dreamed about and believed in and it's something I am proud to notch off on my belt. We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth.

:lol: Steven is a champ

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users