Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

STEVEN ADLER On Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup: AXL ROSE 'Doesn't Believe In Any Of Us' - Apr. 13, 2012

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

chorrada

chorrada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • 07-April 12

No, but it's like everything that we dreamed about and believed in and it's something I am proud to notch off on my belt. We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth.

:lol: Steven is a champ

Kinda sad that he can talk about it like that, after all he has been through.

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,556 posts
  • 03-January 04

No, but it's like everything that we dreamed about and believed in and it's something I am proud to notch off on my belt. We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth.

:lol: Steven is a champ

Kinda sad that he can talk about it like that, after all he has been through.

Dude's not gonna bullshit you.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

So Axl is The Man for speaking out and voicing his opinion.
But Slash and Steven should both just stfu and not voice their opinions.
OK. Makes sense.

There's a difference between somebody's right to "express their opinion" and saying more or less the same thing in several interviews given multiple times a week.

But then that's your approach to your posts so I can understand if you feel a sense of kinship with Steven.

Bullshit. You have posted almost every other day for the past year. What makes you think you are entitled to spout your little shitty pearls of wisdom and then criticize anyone for saying their piece. The irony is you think you have a right to attack them for saying the same thing but if they said different things they would also be attacked. Its their opinion if your bored by them dont read their interviews.

Huh? Posting every day for a year? I was away for years and just started posting again on the forum in January 2012. I didnt know I was haunting your nightmares but you vastly exaggerate my footprint on MyGNR. :D

And nowhere did I prevent anybody from "saying their piece". But just as Groghan himself would be quick to emphasize, this is a forum for discussion and I dont have to like every post I see and can say so when I disagree, so regardless of how "shitty" my opinion may seem to you I'll feel free to express it. Groghan describes at length what he feels about the content and style of other people's posts, I can and will do the same if I wish.

And I'm hardly the only one laughing at Steven's expense with his monotonous statements that he sometimes later apologizes for. :) If you're going to have such a hurt reaction every time somebody criticizes Steven's statements, dont go to the other threads about his interviews or you'll be in a world of agony.

Edited by rabia, 13 April 2012 - 04:44 PM.

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • 25-January 08

OK. Makes sense.

There's a difference between somebody's right to "express their opinion" and saying more or less the same thing in several interviews given multiple times a week.

But then that's your approach to your posts so I can understand if you feel a sense of kinship with Steven.

Bullshit. You have posted almost every other day for the past year. What makes you think you are entitled to spout your little shitty pearls of wisdom and then criticize anyone for saying their piece. The irony is you think you have a right to attack them for saying the same thing but if they said different things they would also be attacked. Its their opinion if your bored by them dont read their interviews.

Huh? Posting every day for a year? I was away for years and just started posting again on the forum in January 2012. I didnt know I was haunting your nightmares but you vastly exaggerate my footprint on MyGNR. :D

And nowhere did I prevent anybody from "saying their piece". But just as Groghan himself would be quick to emphasize, this is a forum for discussion and I dont have to like every post I see and can say so when I disagree, so regardless of how "shitty" my opinion may seem to you I'll feel free to express it. Groghan describes at length what he feels about the content and style of other people's posts, I can and will do the same if I wish.

And I'm hardly the only one laughing at Steven's expense with his monotonous statements that he sometimes later apologizes for. :) If you're going to have such a hurt reaction every time somebody criticizes Steven's statements, dont go to the other threads about his interviews or you'll be in a world of agony.

You critisize a person for voicing his opinion. I made the assumption that you feel that your opinion is worth listening to by virtue of the fact that you have typed it out and hit "Submit".

My point was not so much about whether I agree with Steven or you or whoever, it was that I think its hypocritical of you to attack someone for voicing their opinion (not what the opinion is about) when you are doing the exact same thing.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

OK. Makes sense.

You critisize a person for voicing his opinion. I made the assumption that you feel that your opinion is worth listening to by virtue of the fact that you have typed it out and hit "Submit".

My point was not so much about whether I agree with Steven or you or whoever, it was that I think its hypocritical of you to attack someone for voicing their opinion (not what the opinion is about) when you are doing the exact same thing.

That's funny. By that logic, if somebody copied and pasted the same post over and over and over again in every thread on this board, you wouldn't have the right to tell them they were being ridiculous because they are simply doing what you're doing: expressing their opinion.

Allen8R

Allen8R

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  • 31-January 05

We accomplished every fuckin thing that I dreamed about doing, even the drugs. I wanted to do drugs. I mean, all of my idols did drugs, I'm only saying it because it's the truth. Most of my idols made albums, toured around the world, fucked girls, and yes, did drugs and drank too much. I did every single thing I wanted to do and got every single thing I wanted except I never wanted to get kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES

Posted Image

There's an understatement.

Posted Image

"Thanks, but I'm not God. If I was God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer". -W. Axl Rose

rocker rockstar

rocker rockstar

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 22-March 07
Great interview by Steven. I think he did a good job speaking his mind. I agree with what he said totally. The part about Axl's cover band being scabs probably upset Axl. We all know who the real GNR was.

Edited by rocker rockstar, 13 April 2012 - 05:01 PM.

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • 25-January 08

OK. Makes sense.

That's funny. By that logic, if somebody copied and pasted the same post over and over and over again in every thread on this board, you wouldn't have the right to tell them they were being ridiculous because they are simply doing what you're doing: expressing their opinion.

Are you being deliberately stupid?
Most people have a strong opinion on certain things. Sometimes when the subject matter is so very specific its very hard to say it in a different way every time your asked about it.

Please dont respond by saying "They should just keep their mouths shut then" because if you or I were being discussed in minute detail and critisized by people like you on forums every single day these guys have the fundemental right to express their opinion whenever they damn well please.

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

JimMorrison4

JimMorrison4

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • 19-February 06
You think it's a coincidence that none of the members of GNR don't want him in their current band? The original line up, minus Axl, could get back together if they wanted. They choose not to and choose to have Steven play drums for them. Slash, Duff, and Izzy could've all hired him as their full time drummer. They know he's too fucked up.

rocker rockstar

rocker rockstar

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 22-March 07
Steven has rehabbed and I hope he is not going to relapse. Maybe then Slash will do more songs with Steven in the future.

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts
  • 24-October 11
Slashfic19: Axl is a fucking slothful douche

Axlax08: No your a douche

Slashfic19: Why am I not allowed to voice my own opinion? This is a forum, a place intended for the exchange of ideas. Yet only the Axl lovers can express their opinions. All others must be silent. How is that fair?

Axlax08: Well, I was simply expressing my own opinion, that you are a douche.

Slashfic19: So then logically, if you can express your own opinion that I am a douche, then I can say the same of Axl.

Axlax08: No, in my opinion you should just shut up. Douche.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These opinion arguments are annoying as fuck. Mods should just put a word filter on the word "opinion"

Edited by Flayer, 13 April 2012 - 05:08 PM.

chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

OK. Makes sense.

Most people have a strong opinion on certain things. Sometimes when the subject matter is so very specific its very hard to say it in a different way every time your asked about it.

Please dont respond by saying "They should just keep their mouths shut then" because if you or I were being discussed in minute detail and critisized by people like you on forums every single day these guys have the fundemental right to express their opinion whenever they damn well please.

What was stupid about that? Its a straightforward question that you chose not to answer. If somebody was trolling every thread on this forum copying and pasting the same post would you be riding in to defend their freedom of expression?

Steven's statements ARE monotonous and I simply said so which I'm well within my right to do- I did NOT ask him to "shut his mouth" or anything remotely like that. Deal with what I actually say rather than things you draw from your imagination.

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • 25-January 08

OK. Makes sense.

What was stupid about that? Its a straightforward question that you chose not to answer. If somebody was trolling every thread on this forum copying and pasting the same post would you be riding in to defend their freedom of expression?

Steven's statements ARE monotonous and I simply said so which I'm well within my right to do- I did NOT ask him to "shut his mouth" or anything remotely like that. Deal with what I actually say rather than things you draw from your imagination.

It doesn't qualify as a straightforward question because it wasn't a question.

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08

OK. Makes sense.

It doesn't qualify as a straightforward question because it wasn't a question.

It was a question in the later post. I'll copy and paste it again:If somebody was trolling every thread on this forum copying and pasting the same post would you be riding in to defend their freedom of expression?

Now, how about you answer it.

Use Your Delusion 1

Use Your Delusion 1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
  • 18-March 09
axl is a fuck to steven

What were her plans if she left Axl's payroll.....Go back to cleaning toilets, changing linens, wiping babies asses....general nanny shit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users