Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Justify Your Shitty Taste: Chinese Democracy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • 24-October 11
http://www.decibelma...nese-democracy/

Let me start off with saying, the title is misleading. You'll like this one.

I did some Google searching specifically on Mygnrforum, didn't see it having been posted before. It's a very cool review from last February, reevaluating Chinese Democracy.

Here's the introduction.

Almost every band has that album: you know, the critically and/or commercially reviled dud in an otherwise passable-to-radical back catalog. Well, every Wednesday morning, a Decibel staffer or special guest will take to the Deciblog to bitch and moan at length as to why everybody’s full of shit and said dud is, in fact, The Shit. Today, Shawn Macomber doffs his top hat to Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Flayer, 13 April 2012 - 03:03 PM.

chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

rabia

rabia

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 12-December 08
Nice find, Flayer but I wish the reviewer had talked more about the songs themselves.

Voodoochild

Voodoochild

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • 02-April 05

Nice find, Flayer but I wish the reviewer had talked more about the songs themselves.

Agreed. But at least the guy put some YouTube videos for the lazy readers. :thumbsup:
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

Rotten Apple

Rotten Apple

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 03-April 12
Great ariticle and fucking hilarious to boot. When he started ripping into Chris Cornell at the start I knew it'd be a pisser.

That being said, I have been listening to CD for the first time in a long time - great album but it's defintely Contraband's equivalent except it's like Axl's take on it all. Put them together and you'd essentially end up with UYI IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users