[ALMOST OFFICIAL] Slash, Matt, Steven, Duff, Gilby WILL perform at the Hall of Fame. Myles MIGHT sing!

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more memorable songs on CD than what you can name from any of the solo albums of the old-GnR members, including VR.

Quality > quantity

Slow and steady wins the race!

Yeah, because clearly the public all slowly embraced Chinese Democracy. No one has any idea of what songs there are on Chinese Democracy, yet when you play a song like Fall To Pieces people will recognize it. I just don't understand why Axl fanboys can't get it through their head that they're in the minority with their obsession on Chinese Democracy.

Fall to Pieces? *facepalm* + *buttpalm*

You just answered your own question.

It's a special day. B)

Why? Because some museum in the US had decided that Guns N' Roses is worthy to be part of their hall of fame? Did anyone need this to know how great Guns N' Roses is?

No but its nice that some of this originals are willing to get together to celebrate what they done together.

Yeah, because clearly the public all slowly embraced Chinese Democracy. No one has any idea of what songs there are on Chinese Democracy, yet when you play a song like Fall To Pieces people will recognize it. I just don't understand why Axl fanboys can't get it through their head that they're in the minority with their obsession on Chinese Democracy.

Nothing wrong in being in a minority, everyone's entitled to an opinion. There are many albums about (form bands/artists of whom I was/am a fan of) that I really disliked, but I don't go around constantly saying that it's shit and disparaging anyone that dares say they like it.

Let the minority of "Axl-fanboys" (fangirl in my case) be happy with their obsession! What's it to you anyhow?

Edited by KiraMPD

It's a special day. B)

Why? Because some museum in the US had decided that Guns N' Roses is worthy to be part of their hall of fame? Did anyone need this to know how great Guns N' Roses is?

No but its nice that some of this originals are willing to get together to celebrate what they done together.

But does that make this day special? Steven, Slash, Duff and Matt wouldn't mind getting together any day of the year to do this. If Izzy or Axl had been there, then the occasion would truly be something special, not because they were that more important than the other guys for the AFD lineup, but because they are so shy and because seeing them together with the other guys would be really cool. Now it's just a normal day.

Personally, I didn't need this induction to know that AFD and UYI are something special in the history of rock music, and I certainly don't need it to know what I think about the music. It would have been really cool to see the AFD lineup back together again, especially Slash and Axl, but now it's just another day.

Edited by SoulMonster

I understand Axl, actually. Him being that fat and not that good looking anymore, and then stand on the same stage as a ripped Duff, handsome Slash like always, and Adler who also looks the same as always - it's not good for your ego being the ugliest.

Edited by GNRDK

Did anyone need this to know how great Guns N' Roses is?

These days? :lol:

If you want to be crass about it,this is promo boost for all involved.

The politics aside,I love going to the R+R Hall of Fame.

It's hipster and cool to sit on the internet and go..."ohhh the rock and roll hall of fame,what a corporate joke" ..but when you go there and immerse in the rich history of a modern day movement that changed the face of the planet,it's really cool to soak it all in.To see some of the actual items and materail involved..right there in front of you.

Pretty cool experience to stand there and actually observe hand written lyrics from John Lennon.

They have documentaries,very cool informative ones.Immersive displays that expose people to songs and music they might not otherwise ever learn about.

It explores roots,influences,metamorphosis...just takes things on a well crafted,comprehensive journey.

I love it when I'm there and I see exhibits,displays and acknowledgments of my fav bands.

I'm glad they are included and part of the experience.

Where else can you go and experience an immersive history of rock and roll?

Sure,fine,tear it all down.

Hipsters happy,cool personas on the internet rejoice.

Fuck that...I love the place.

Happy for the guys from GnR who are honoured to be included. B)

Axl fans seem so bitter...

Yeah I agree and why they got what they wanted. He backed out!

Axl fans are a sad lot at times. Bitter twisted, you name it. Just out to throw daggers. Some of the stuff they post about musicians is shameful. Its a free world, and they will post forevermore. That's their choice.

Sorry, but it will be a Velvet Revolver reunion with another singer.

I can see Axl sueing some asses in the next days. Axl and Izzy are being disrespected.

What the hell are you talking about? Steve on drums, Slash on guitar and Duff on bass, this is Guns n' Roses (a big part anyway), nothing to do with VR, so shut it. You're so bitter that former bandmates and friends will play together tonight.... Just don't watch it and shut your mouth.

Sorry, but it will be a Velvet Revolver reunion with another singer.

I can see Axl sueing some asses in the next days. Axl and Izzy are being disrespected.

What the hell are you talking about? Steve on drums, Slash on guitar and Duff on bass, this is Guns n' Roses (a big part anyway), nothing to do with VR, so shut it. You're so bitter that former bandmates and friends will play together tonight.... Just don't watch it and shut your mouth.

Bet ya Axl will in hindsight wish he swallowed his pride and went.