RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. What an incredible weekend. I'm about to turn 40 and I have not partied that much over a two-day span in quite sometime. I gave my Friday wrap-up earlier and now here is my Saturday one.

I started the night with cocktails with friends at the Treehouse in Cleveland's trendy Tremont neighborhood around 5pm. Headed downtown and was at the Clevelander by 6 for dinner. Just before 7 I walked over to Public Hall. I had an Obstructed View ticket to the ceremony and wanted to know what tickets were going for. The first person that hit me up asked what I wanted and I said $100. He immediately offered $80 and I said no and started to walk away. He then offered $100 and I told him I would probably be back to see him. A little bit further down the street I was hit up again and this time I said $200, this guy immediately countered with $150. What was a bit weird was that once I got to the front of Public Hall, they were only offering $20 for my ticket - apparently the market had not been straightened out yet. Once inside I headed to my seat which wasn't bad at all, above and left of the stage. This view allowed for some great people watching below.

I could see LL Cool J and his table, Chris Rock and Bette Midler at a table together, Matt Pinfield shaking as many hands as he could find, Myles sitting at GnR's table and Kid Rock and George Clinton getting the most pictures taken.

My highlights from the show were Green Day's punch in the mouth that was Letterbomb, Small Faces performance of Stay With Me, Darlene Love's performance, Green Day's GnR introduction, GnR's speeches and performance, Chris Rock's RHCP introduction and RHCP's performance.

I was very happy to see how professional Gun's handled their speeches and how well their performance went over. Seeing Slash play the SCOM solo was the absolute high point of the weekend.

After the weirdness that was the Higher Ground performance, I headed over to the House of Blues to see if anything was happening. Apparently this was where all the VIPs were after-partying. Your $3000 ticket got you a wristband for the ceremony and got you entry to HOB. I waited about 15 minutes or so and the first person I saw leaving, I asked if I could get their wristband. It broke as he tried to take it off, but I McGyvered it with a metal key ring and went right in. Open bar and Grand Master Flash was DJing. Drinks were served until 2:30 and GMF spun until 3am. This was a great conclusion to an unbelievable weekend. I'm so thankful the wife let me off the leash for a few days - I'm gonna have to get her something.

phphylQZgguns8.jpg

Nice pic! Hey here is an olive branch for ya, your sig is too big, don't wanna report you LOL :rofl-lol:

zintsig.jpg

use it and enjoy it

Well 'll tell you what,you don't report my sig and I won't report your illegal HOF rip and upload. :)

Shit I thought that was Will Farrell for real...

And yeah, Perla's tits alone are bigger than the girl on the right at her table. I mean the whole girl, not just the girl's tits.

Do you know who that chick is? As far as I can see there's Perla, Adlers wife, Duff's wife, Sorum's GF, Gilby's wife.

That's Myles' wife on the far right.

phphylQZgguns8.jpg

Nice pic! Hey here is an olive branch for ya, your sig is too big, don't wanna report you LOL :rofl-lol:

zintsig.jpg

use it and enjoy it

Well 'll tell you what,you don't report my sig and I won't report your illegal HOF rip and upload. :)

Reported. Sig is too big. ;)

phphylQZgguns8.jpg

zintsig.jpg

use it and enjoy it

Reported. Sig is too big. ;)

teehee

Right back at ya.. :thumbsup:

can you please edit my sign again and put the currect url so i can check sig rules?

I can't edit sig but here ya go:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9592

phphylQZgguns8.jpg

zintsig.jpg

use it and enjoy it

+1

can you please edit my sign again and put the currect url so i can check sig rules?

I can't edit sig but here ya go:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9592

Thanks GG

I'll refer you to Eric,that's his cut and paste directives. :)

Thanks zint61.

Btw: new signature.

Edited by bumblecool

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight is the night but I am worried that Axl has put a stop to the GNR performance. I REALLY hope they air SCOM. That was amazing, but I am not getting my hopes up until I see it. Something tells me Axl would not allow that aired with Steven and Duff playing SCOM with Axl's likeness on the screen behind the performers.