Axl has attended HOF

Original

I'm pretty sure most gn'r fans know about this. Elton John asked him to give the induction speech. Nothing new here.

And just like that, the Axl haters go searching for something new to attack him and GnR with.

Axl never called the HOF a sham either. He explained clearly why he did not attend.

I'm pretty sure most gn'r fans know about this. Elton John asked him to give the induction speech. Nothing new here.

And just like that, the Axl haters go searching for something new to attack him and GnR with.

Axl never called the HOF a sham either. He explained clearly why he did not attend.

What is worse?

Axl with the constant woe-is-me and everybody is at fault except me thing.......or the people in this forum who label anybody a hater or reunionist if they don't praise everything thay Axl does?

The reason this topic is funny is because a large group of posters keep saying that the HOF is a joke and that Axl showed integrity by not showing up.

So does that mean he didn't have integrity and he wasn't a rock n roll badass back when he DID show up and participate???

What is worse?

Axl with the constant woe-is-me and everybody is at fault except me thing.......or the people in this forum who label anybody a hater or reunionist if they don't praise everything thay Axl does?

The reason this topic is funny is because a large group of posters keep saying that the HOF is a joke and that Axl showed integrity by not showing up.

So does that mean he didn't have integrity and he wasn't a rock n roll badass back when he DID show up and participate???

I don't know but ... is Axl constantly doing a woe-is-me and everybody is at fault except me thing? Or does Axl just do his thing with his band, and responds when necessary to people who go over the line with their accusations against him?

You are a Axl hater if you blame Axl for everything without acknowledging the faults of the others involved.

You are s reunionist if you keep wishing for 1987 even though it is 2012. It is not going to happen!

Axl inducted Elton John to the HOF was over 20 years ago. So that's a long time ago. Perhaps at the time, the HOF had more integrity. Maybe people still had high hopes for the HOF. But it's 2012. And maybe today, people's view of the HOF has changed.

That is why trying to attack Axl with this is not funny but IRRELEVANT.

I don't know but ... is Axl constantly doing a woe-is-me and everybody is at fault except me thing?

Not at all. It's just that nothing has ever been his fault and everyone he's ever met eventually winds up conspiring against him. *tear*

Also, RnRHOF should be ashamed of that particular induction; inducting Elton John but not Bernie Taupin? What the fuck was that all about? <_<

I found this at the rockhall site :

Elton John showed up to collect his Hall of Fame statue, but called his songwriting collaborator Bernie Taupin to the stage and gave it to him, along with a heartfelt embrace. "Without Bernie, there wouldn't have been any Elton John at all," he said.

By the way, this induction ceremony took place on January 19th, 1994. Which means Kurt Cobain was still alive.

Also, RnRHOF should be ashamed of that particular induction; inducting Elton John but not Bernie Taupin? What the fuck was that all about? <_<

Elton John showed up to collect his Hall of Fame statue, but called his songwriting collaborator Bernie Taupin to the stage and gave it to him, along with a heartfelt embrace. "Without Bernie, there wouldn't have been any Elton John at all," he said.

By the way, this induction ceremony took place on January 19th, 1994. Which means Kurt Cobain was still alive.

Also post-Stephanie as well FWIW. I think he was with Jennifer Driver at the time (blonde hottie from "Since I Don't Have You" video)- so that could certainly have "dulled" some of the pain... Lucky bastard. ;-)

???

Yeah, I've seen it. Yes, I know when it took place. What does this have to do with Kurt Cobain? :question:

BTW: Bernie Taupin still has not been officially inducted into the HOF. :shrugs:

Edited by KiraMPD

I don't know but ... is Axl constantly doing a woe-is-me and everybody is at fault except me thing?

Not at all. It's just that nothing has ever been his fault and everyone he's ever met eventually winds up conspiring against him. *tear*

Are you talking about those managers who wanted to cash in on a reunion tour?

Because no band members present and past of the Chinese Democracy era has ever made any negative or derogatory comments about Axl. They have given nothing but praises and thanks to Axl.

I don't understand why this is being passed off as some piece of aha journalism. In 2008, Axl himself addressed the fact that he inducted Elton John when he was asked about the possibility of GN'R getting in:

"Never thought about that, with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it". (Thanks Voodoochild for drawing attention to this little bit from Axl's forum chats).

This infact further supports the position Axl eventually took rather than making him seem inconsistent.

So? Axl is a huge fan of Elton so if Elton's induction was important to him and he even wanted Axl to induct him I guess Axl was very honored and thrilled. Has more to do with Elton than the hall. And it was 18 years ago. Please tell me all of your opinions 18 years ago. It's like we view Axl as some static cartoon character who remains the same through the decades.

So? Axl is a huge fan of Elton so if Elton's induction was important to him and he even wanted Axl to induct him I guess Axl was very honored and thrilled. Has more to do with Elton than the hall. And it was 18 years ago. Please tell me all of your opinions 18 years ago. It's like we view Axl as some static cartoon character who remains the same through the decades.

While I agree with that, Axl does have yet to change the static persona he portrays to the general public. He doesn't really act much more different than he did in 1992 when you really think about it.