Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does anybody else think it's time for Axl to go solo?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

ITW 2012

ITW 2012

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,498 posts
  • 03-December 09
Does anybody else think it's time for Axl to go solo? I'm sick of him not being able to release new music under the GNR name. It's not worth it anymore. I can't help but think that Axl could have had an Ozzy type solo career if he'd ditched the name years ago. He's too talented to be stuck on a seemingly endless tour for the one album he managed to release since the old band broke up.

Edited by ITW 2012, 16 April 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • 25-January 08
It would free him up from a huge amount of the problems he faces. I completely agree with you actually, The name is just not worth the drama anymore.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

maxq

maxq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 11-March 12
As far as i'm conserned this band stand and fall on Axl rose.. If he want to release a solo record under his own name -thats great!! But guns n roses brand doesn't deserve to die!

GnR Chris

GnR Chris

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • 05-December 10
He should have left the Guns name behind 15 years ago. His career likely would have ended up much differently, especially if he released Chinese Democracy in 2000-2001.

I've been saying that all along. The name was a burden and curse.

ITW 2012

ITW 2012

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,498 posts
  • 03-December 09
All the years he's lost out on because of his decision to keep the name hasn't been worth it. The guy is too damn talented to not be releasing new music on a consistent basis, and at this point he's closer to the end than the beginning. There is no point in wasting another decade on one album. Go solo and release the music that you want to make without having to try and live up to some band that doesn't exist anymore.
Posted Image

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

The Macaroni Incident?

The Macaroni Incident?

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • 15-December 06

He should have left the Guns name behind 15 years ago. His career likely would have ended up much differently, especially if he released Chinese Democracy in 2000-2001.

I can't help but think that Axl would feel liberation if he let the GNR name go. Shit, he could release 6 song EP's twice a year if he wanted to. He'd have a lot of artistic freedom that GNR doesn't provide for various reasons.

Edited by SHoUP, 16 April 2012 - 03:41 PM.

FuddMckagan

FuddMckagan

Destroyer of Worlds

• Supporters
  • 4,964 posts
  • 15-December 08
I've thought he should go solo for a while now. It would give him a hell of a lot more freedom than he currently gets.

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,849 posts
  • 03-February 05
Axl Rose solo - theatre tour/afternoon festival slot

GNR - arena tour/headline festivals

;)

#cut4bumblefoot

phaeryen

phaeryen

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • 05-May 07
Maybe his expenses are so high that he *has* to tour now. :( I don't know. for the name of everything that in this world has ever been anointed as rock'n roll credible, hit the studio and finish a freaking album, oh ginger haired one.
FUCK GNR. -Ron Thal, September 13th, 2012.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,897 posts
  • 01-February 06
I've always thought that, calling the band Guns N' Roses has done nothing but hurt the band.

Posted Image

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,380 posts
  • 23-December 10
Not yet.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

maxq

maxq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 11-March 12

I can't help but think that Axl would feel liberation if he let the GNR name go. Shit, he could release 6 song EP's twice a year if he wanted to. He'd have a lot of artistic freedom that GNR doesn't provide for various reasons.

No other artist in europe fill stadiums and arenas like guns did in 06 or 2010 , and that without a proper promotion or even a small add in the newspaper. People are curious to see whats left. Still sometimes they get bashed in the culture-section in the paper but STILL manage to sell out everywhere they go! They say this band hasn't been relevant in years , but as far as the public go its still exotic! And this is europe , i dont know whats going on in america!There is no discussion they dont do good here no matter what's happening!!period!

luvaxl4ever

luvaxl4ever

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,760 posts
  • 19-April 05
He should have done it 16 years ago.
Posted Image
I AM going to be Mrs Axl Rose, dammit!
[i]

blackrose87

blackrose87

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • 04-January 12
Was it Duff who said during the illusions, that Axl saw Guns as his own solo project

sofine11

sofine11

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts
  • 10-September 04

The name isn't worth it if he can't release new music under it

Agreed.

But hey, they might play OMG this summer! :rolleyes:
I don't wanna know it now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic