Piers Morgan Defends Axl Rose

Zint

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons Axl gave for not showing are certainly valid enough, but there was no way in hell he was ever going to go. Does anyone truly believe if he got the answers he was looking for he'd be right there beside Slash, Duff, Matt, and Steve? I doubt it very much.

Also, I guess Piers believes that Slash is old and washed up because he accepted his HOF nomination. Well, he's touring and releasing another album, and from the clips posted online it sounds fucking awesome. If a musician still has it and continues to remain productive, that's sort of the opposite of being an old fogey, or however Piers put it.

Axl is probably sat at home thinking 'Dont defend me you CUNT'

Piers said the '91 show he attended was (paraphrasing) the most dangerous,amazing show he'd ever seen.

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

Shame. Coz some of the nut-huggers round here weren't even born in '91

LA

Same with some of the dingleberry chewers around here.

Who would've thought that a band as iconic as GN'R could have younger fans?

People are so ignorant. Once they realize sumbodys younger, they automatically devalue their opinions, which is completely redic.

Im 25 now, but signed up on.chinesedemocracy.com in 8th grade(crazy huh) and a majority of "superior" (older) forum members always treated you like shit because you're 14 and weren't old enough to even see original band. So.how can u possibly have an opinion on gnr? So fucking dumb.

Coming from a Brit... the day Axl Rose needs Piers Morgan to defend him. Fuckin hell..... lol. The guy is a fucking leech

LA

I really liked him in Americas Got Talent. He will be missed!

How long till GNR has a link to this on their Facebook page? T minus 5 and counting...

I fn hate this word,soon!

Edited by batman007

Piers said the '91 show he attended was (paraphrasing) the most dangerous,amazing show he'd ever seen.

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

LA

People are so ignorant. Once they realize sumbodys younger, they automatically devalue their opinions, which is completely redic.

Im 25 now, but signed up on.chinesedemocracy.com in 8th grade(crazy huh) and a majority of "superior" (older) forum members always treated you like shit because you're 14 and weren't old enough to even see original band. So.how can u possibly have an opinion on gnr? So fucking dumb.

I'm an older fan myself but I don't value my opinion over any of the younger posters here. It's the younger posters that restore my faith in humanity because it shows that not everyone has lost all taste in music.

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

LA

I'm an older fan myself but I don't value my opinion over any of the younger posters here. It's the younger posters that restore my faith in humanity because it shows that not everyone has lost all taste in music.

That's a really good point!

I liked the piece. It sure beats the poo out him going on TV and slamming Axl.

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

LA

That's a really good point!

I liked the piece. It sure beats the poo out him going on TV and slamming Axl.

Thank you.

I agree that it was nice to see something positive about Axl for a change. The guy usually gets kicked around no matter what he does. I like the fact that it came from a legitimate news source instead of the shitty tabloid rags that usually get posted around here too.

Nice find Zint. Thanks for sharing.

No prob. :)

I was at the computer and the show came on tv.I heard Axl's name mentioned so I rewound the PVR to confirm.

I posted the info on here in case anyone wanted to watch.

I think MyGnR was first out of the gate with this one.

It's good to see a good angle on Axl in the media. And this is big media.

One of two things is gonna happen. Either all of this is really gonna motivate axl to get something new out or he is gonna endlessly tour the old songs. I think axl has taken a turn for the better in the past year( overall positive vibe), he is doing more press and I think he might be getting hungry again. Now he has sOmething to prove. Slash duff etc performed as GNR at HOF. I hope Axl decides to show the world why his band is GNR. I feel recent events might get te fire blazin once again.

Afterall IMO it's do or die at this point, as far as, the current band releasing music and making a run at it.

But in reality , chances for new music, are very slim at this point IMHO.

No prob. :)

I was at the computer and the show came on tv.I heard Axl's name mentioned so I rewound the PVR to confirm.

I posted the info on here in case anyone wanted to watch.

I think MyGnR was first out of the gate with this one.

Represent! :thumbsup:

Larry King rambled,cut people off in mid sentence to get to the next doltish question.

He would ask embarrassingly lame questions **in a grumbly voice** "some people say you had a lesbian affair in summer camp when you were 14,are you a lesbian?".

"Do you think your daughters will grow up to be lesbians because there were rumours you were a lesbian in summer camp?"

Inane crap like that.

The guy was 10 years past his so called prime.

At least Piers is willing to make people squirm a bit.

Don't think he wouldn't ask Axl questions he didn't exactly want to hear.

Yeah, Larry, especially in his later years, was known to wander through his interviews as though he didn't have a game plan. It became apparent he just didn't care anymore. But he always came off as genuine guy who wouldn't speak poorly of someone when they weren't in front of him. This is what you get with Pierce. He's two-faced in how he handles his opinions with people. He might ask a tougher question or two, but it's not until half way through the interview when he's ingratiated himself to his subject. Watch the interview with Michelle Bachmann. It was one tense moment over her position on homosexuality bookend by lavishing compliments and flirty banter towards her. It wasn't too much longer that Pierce was then slagging off Bachmann for her politics. Some people do not mind this approach to an interview, but it's not for me.

As for Axl on Pierce, to me it would be a slight step up from an interview by Del or people on this forum. If Howard Stern were able to leave out questions on who he's sleeping he'd probably get a better interview. When you care more about the person than the interview, it's going to be a shitty interview. With Howard, as much as he might be a fan of someone, he cares far more for the interview itself. This was the problem with Trunk's interview. He came off as someone trying to ingratiate himself to Axl rather than actually interview him. Could Pierce take his fan hat off during an interview with Axl? Something tells me he wouldn't.

Edited by downzy

Larry King rambled,cut people off in mid sentence to get to the next doltish question.

He would ask embarrassingly lame questions **in a grumbly voice** "some people say you had a lesbian affair in summer camp when you were 14,are you a lesbian?".

"Do you think your daughters will grow up to be lesbians because there were rumours you were a lesbian in summer camp?"

Inane crap like that.

The guy was 10 years past his so called prime.

At least Piers is willing to make people squirm a bit.

Don't think he wouldn't ask Axl questions he didn't exactly want to hear.

Yeah, Larry, especially in his later years, was known to wander through his interviews as though he didn't have a game plan. It became apparent he just didn't care anymore. But he always came off as genuine guy who wouldn't speak poorly of someone when they weren't in front of him. This is what you get with Pierce. He's two-faced in how he handles his opinions with people. He might ask a tougher question or two, but it's not until half way through the interview when he's ingratiated himself to his subject. Watch the interview with Michelle Bachmann. It was one tense moment over her position on homosexuality bookend by lavishing compliments and flirty banter towards her. It wasn't too much longer that Pierce was then slagging off Bachmann for her politics. Some people do not mind this approach to an interview, but it's not for me.

As for Axl on Pierce, to me it would be a slight step up from an interview by Del or people on this forum. If Howard Stern were able to leave out questions on who he's sleeping he'd probably get a better interview. When you care more about the person than the interview, it's going to be a shitty interview. With Howard, as much as he might be a fan of someone, he cares far more for the interview itself. This was the problem with Trunk's interview. He came off as someone trying to ingratiate himself to Axl rather than actually interview him. Could Pierce put his fan hat off with an interview with Axl? Something tells me he wouldn't.

I like his interview with Michelle,I thought he had her squirming pretty good and asked things that needed to be asked. :shrugs:

Each to his own I guess.

The diff between an Axl interview with Piers and Howard would come down to this.I think Piers would have Axl at ease.

Are you going to get more out of an at ease Axl or an on guard Axl worrying about what's going to come out of Howard's mouth next?...or having to carefully think about HOW he answers Howard so that the follow up question isn't a time bomb.

Howard would dig for Slash crap etc.,Piers just might interview Axl Rose the man,which to me would be far more compelling.

I mean...the giggles for a laugh "splenda" interviews have been done (which is about what Trunk is good for).I'd like to see something more in depth,and of the three...I think Piers might just be the man to be able to take an Axl interview in that direction.

Why did he say he tore up the invitation and threw the t.v. out the window? Was he just kidding?

He was just using a rock n roll metaphor..

Yes,a rather cliche'd and well recoginized metaphor,R.Waters even included it in "The Wall" simply to be ironic.

Piers Morgan rocks......that was a great segment and he made great points for supporting Axl. And as disappointed as I was to not see Axl there......I respect his integrity and the guts it took to stick to his guns in the face of seemingly overwhelming potential for negative press.

Why did he say he tore up the invitation and threw the t.v. out the window? Was he just kidding?

Yes,a rather cliche'd and well recoginized metaphor,R.Waters even included it in "The Wall" simply to be ironic.

Much more fun to see it really happening...like Keef giving one the heave in Cocksucker Blues.

Much more fun to see it really happening...like Keef giving one the heave in Cocksucker Blues.

Agreed,was mentally calculating how much of a spectacular crash the flatscreen plasma TV's would make,compared to the Huge and heavy older models. Somebody would play Hell trying to fit some of the plasmas through a window.

Slash duff etc performed as GNR at HOF.

No they didn't. :rolleyes:

But can we please not do that again in yet another thread?

Thank You! Enough is enough. :thumbsup:

The diff between an Axl interview with Piers and Howard would come down to this.I think Piers would have Axl at ease.

Are you going to get more out of an at ease Axl or an on guard Axl worrying about what's going to come out of Howard's mouth next?...or having to carefully think about HOW he answers Howard so that the follow up question isn't a time bomb.

Howard would dig for Slash crap etc.,Piers just might interview Axl Rose the man,which to me would be far more compelling.

I mean...the giggles for a laugh "splenda" interviews have been done (which is about what Trunk is good for).I'd like to see something more in depth,and of the three...I think Piers might just be the man to be able to take an Axl interview in that direction.

I agree. Piers would do a great interview with Axl - he'd be fair, but also probe into the man. But, he's very obviously a fan and there'll probably be enough people here comparing him to Del James, if the interview goes well.

It's greater than that; it's a celebration of the semiotic relationship between artist, fan and the music.

Cheers,

Andrew

Some fans, not all. (not dissing the hall or your opinion, just pointing out a fact).

I started liking Morgan after he had Damien Echols of the west Memphis three on. I think he's a great interviewer. I think he has more balls than any of the other talking heads out there on network news stations.

That is a fact Jack!

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

LA

Who would've thought that a band as iconic as GN'R could have younger fans? It's as if they want their fanbase dying out soon -

I really wonder what's wrong with some of us 'older' fans.

Do those above a certain age have a right to like, or even have an opinion about a band that was alive and kicking in full form when their generation was able to witness it in person? In 50 years, should only old fogies in wheelchairs enjoy Guns N' Roses?

By the way, all these complaints seem very one sided. I haven't seen anyone complain when old who adores Slash, shoots his mouth off with some utter nonsense about Axl.

Edited by The Archer