Piers Morgan Defends Axl Rose

Zint

He basically just said everything that's already been said by Eddie Trunk 3 days before the RNRHOF, cool to see Axl's name being mentioned on network television though. I don't think I've seen that since the little fight with Tommy Hilfiger :lol:

I don't know who Peirce Morgan is, or why he's doing TV in the US, but the UK posters seem to hate his guts. Is it because he does TV in the US or is there another reason?

Edited by sweetness

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont think he is that unpopular in the UK, he has an interview show in a prime time spot on Saturday nights on ITV with huge ratings and is now doing the same in the States....probably jealously or something on here. He's had some flack during the whole newspaper phone hacking fiasco, but in reality he was nowhere near as culpuble as most. I think his opinion carries some weight and influence and I'm happy he is on Axl's side.

I don't stay this to start the same argument found in many other threads, but what Pierce misses is that the induction was about honoring the music, the artist, and the fans. Cheers,

Andrew

you still dont get it ?

"there's still one wild man out there, one sublimely talented outlaw of a man"

everyone on this board that defended what those "wannabe" rockers did by showing up with a cover singer to do a GNR song to a HOF induction ceremony,

and jumping on Axl for not showing up,

just got owned by Piers Morgan.

"Welcome to the Jungle"

classic

Edited by shades

Guest RonMexico82

I don't stay this to start the same argument found in many other threads, but what Pierce misses is that the induction was about honoring the music, the artist, and the fans. Cheers,

Andrew

you still dont get it do you?

"theres still one wild man out there, one sublimely talented outlaw of a man"

everyone on this board that defended what those "wannabe" rockers did by showing up with a cover singer to do a GNR song to a HOF induction ceremony,

and jumping on Axl for not showing up,

jsut got owned by fuckin Piers Morgan.

"Welcome to the Jungle"

that was fuckin classic

Without those "wannabe" rockers that one "sublimely talented" outlaw has done what exactly?

Oh wait...

Only release the most self-indulgent, hyped, expensive dud of an album ever and tour relentlessly on the backs of the songs that made his name, you know the ones with the "wannabe" rockers.

Welcome to the retirement home for washed-up has beens more likely.

Seems like the most random people are "defending" him. :lol:

Piers would want the reunion, but it's "we would love the reunion to happen, but not because Jann Wenner wants one". And it goes back to the Rock Hall induction striking debate every year over the artists getting excluded.

I would agree wholeheartedly with Piers's comments if he hadn't misinterpreted some of Axl's intentions with regards to the HOF. Axl said in both his statements that he had extensive discussions with the HOF. If he was so against the HOF as an institution and what it represented then he would have declined the invitation from the outset. But he didn't. His first statement, a couple of days before the induction, stated that he didn't agree with the HOF's policy with regards to which GnR members should or shouldn't be inducted.

The bottom line is this - if Slash et al didn't turn up and Axl was allowed to have his current band mates inducted with him, he would have turned up, accepted the honour and played Madagascar. Simple as that.

Edited by Original GNR

God bless people from England and their love for Axl

There's tons of love for Axl here in the UK, he might be an asshole sometimes but he's the best frontman around. People here are perhaps more willing and able to put aside any preconceptions and just go along to the concerts and enjoy what Axl and the band can do.

Piers Morgan has made a bold move here and certainly gone against the tide, but perhaps he is one of the few that can actually see through all the bullshit.

Nice slam on Mick Jaggers. Keith Richards holds credibility by turning down the Knigthood

I guess this means the O2 concert is going to be kick ass.

The credibility goes back to when Mick went solo and Keith joined up with the Expensive Winos...

I would agree wholeheartedly with Piers's comments if he hadn't misinterpreted some of Axl's intentions with regards to the HOF. Axl said in both his statements that he had extensive discussions with the HOF. If he was so against the HOF as an institution and what it represented then he would have declined the invitation from the outset. But he didn't. His first statement, a couple of days before the induction, stated that he didn't agree with the HOF's policy with regards to which GnR members should or shouldn't be inducted.

The bottom line is this - if Slash et al didn't turn up and Axl was allowed to have his current band mates inducted with him, he would have turned up, accepted the honour and played Madagascar. Simple as that.

Exactly. I was just going to post the same thing. "He tore up the invitation, threw it out the window...." Sure, after he and his team read it and tried to work on getting what he wanted lmfao.

Wow, can't believe how so many here tried so hard to make this public defense on CNN as "ass-kissing". In other words: people can't agree with what Axl did without being qucikly called a nutter or any idiotic shit like that. Everytime someone says nice things about Axl is like that. :rolleyes:

And yes, Axl wanted to be there by his conditions (we don't really know exactly about this, do we?) and tried to look at this. But he also never claimed to be such a good thing - back in 2008 he even talked about the matter. From how he handled the thing before the letter, I'd say he tried to be there at the HOF cerimony because he knew there would be a backlash and because fans would demand, but that was NEVER his priority nor something so well regarded. So yes, he tried, but once he learned how dubious the whole Hall is, he gave a big fuck you to them. How could this be seen as a bad thing is beyond me.