PUBLIC IMAGE MOTHERFUCKIN' LIMITED ARE BACK!!!

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/04/20/public-image-ltd-lollipop-opera-stream/

Tell me that ain't the fuckin bollocks!?!?!?! Tell me that ain't brilliance, tell me that ain't super original and the best shit you heard in ages! Oh yeeeah, Johnny's home!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

One Drop EP, viynl only release tommorow, buy it!

Edited by sugaraylen

Ive seen PIL twice since they reformed..i was at the VERY FIRST of the comeback shows in birmingham and it was BRILLIANT, Lydons vocal ability floored me, i saw the pistols in birmingham and loved it but the PIL shows were imense, and the enw song"One Drop" is really what i was hoping form this comeback, very bass driven at the beginning and showing off lydons Regga Influences, GREAT comeback track, after the PIL birmingham gig i met john, we waited and he was really cool he came out of his tour bus in a dressing gown with wet hair in the middle of a FREEZING winter night and signed my ticket stub, my PIL First edition album cover and My Nevermind The Bollocks album cover, he was soo down to earth and approachable, signed every item everyobody had and waited until everyone got his autograph before going back into the bus, such a top bloke, LEGEND!

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, i went to see em at Shepherds Bush, Brixton and the other week at Londons Heaven. Never been a big one for meeting em after but i did get called a "dirty fucking parasite" by John during the gig :lol: For asking for some of his medicinal brandy (what?!?! i said 'please' and everything :lol:) it's even on youtube:

Ahh, fun and games :lol:

whatcha reckon of the track? :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah, i went to see em at Shepherds Bush, Brixton and the other week at Londons Heaven. Never been a big one for meeting em after but i did get called a "dirty fucking parasite" by John during the gig :lol: For asking for some of his medicinal brandy (what?!?! i said 'please' and everything :lol:) it's even on youtube:

Ahh, fun and games :lol:

whatcha reckon of the track? :)

HA...legend!..thats quality, i could consider myself being very happy if lydon insulted me, and USLS1..its alright not bad, truthfully ii dont like the later PIL as much as the first few albums ...gotta say tho.(Tie Me To The length of That is One of my ALl time FAVE Pil songs)...but thats cos to me songs like: Anna lisa and Religion are f**kin faultless! loving what ive heard of the new material tho, you ever check out lydons solo album? what ya think

Guest Len B'stard

Psychos Path, yeah man, it's fuckin amazing!! I prefer the older stuff too but that stuff has serious wow factor cuz it's just SOOOO fucking out there but even the later PiL stuff is still pretty different, it's just done within a certain framework. But yeah, his solo album was the fuckin bollocks man, Sun is one of my favourite tracks off of it...and Dis Ho...did you ever hear that song he did, solo one that like, was just out of nowhere really, with no upcoming EP or anything, it's called The Rabbit Song, it's fuckin amazing! I'm buzzin' off this Lollipop Opera track though, it's too fuckin cool :):):):)

The Rabbit Song!...Yeah man..Fuckin legendary aint it, i know it off by heart..i showed my mate it the other week in his car and was rapping (which is how i would describe it) along with it...i love the way he says: Rabbit..AVE IT! , when i saw them they came out to that song over the PA, id love him to play it live tho, and he actually played the song "Psychopath" live from his solo album...which i love, closestt hing to a ballad really...but so heart felt, love his singing on it, and SUN is great he did both sun (ithe IDIOT DANCE..Lemme Dance) and Open Up aswell last times i saw them....man i frickin LOVE Lydon, what PIL songs wud ya recommend that i dont know? like more obscure ones, and i dont mind some later PIL, im not so big on tracks like Warrior..BUT Love Seattle, The Body, Dont Ask Me etc all very catchy!...what song are you referring to when you say lollipop opera? do you mean One Drop?

Guest Len B'stard

Lollipop Opera is the new song, newer than One Drop, it's in the first post, thats what the link is to, the new song, thats what this thread is about. Come to think of it, oops, i forgot to put that in the title of the thread :lol: Whoops, sorry! :lol: What a nobhead i am :lol: And yeah, it does sound like...mental rapping in a north london accent. Did you ever hear World Destruction with Afrika Bambaataa?!?! Thats John on a proper rap song! But fuckin hell, Psycho's Path, that songs about fuckin John Wayne Gacy...wonder what was on Johns mind the night he wrote that :lol:

PiL songs that you don't know? Blue Water, ever heard that? Commercial Zone, been getting into that and it's fuckin mental, shame they never put it out. Saw this the other day, get on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzINwCXB6hY

Keith Levene guitar lesson!

Just listened to Lollipop opera..at first i was like WTF is this....but its Sooooooooo good, really catchy ..singing it right now haha, man tomorrows record store day is it? F**K..thought it was another week at least. need to get that PIL Viynal and also misfits,eddie vedder and c ouple others....bad news i think i may be out which sucks, i missed out on the nirvana one last year..its always on a day im super busy which sucks...still gonna try and grab the PIL one tho and hopefully get lydon to sign it, you wouldnt happen to have good quality MP3 rips of one drop and lollipop opera wud ya..i need to add them to my kick ass PIL playlist!

Guest Len B'stard

Got the EP off of itunes a couple of days ago (my first itunes purchase :D:D), it's fuckin mega, if the entire albums like that we're in for a treat. It REALLY is something exceptional, The Room I am In sounds almost like a poetry reading set to music, I Must Be Dreaming is fuckin incredible too, got an amazing groove to it :)

Guest Len B'stard

Public Image Limited - This Is PiL

“I am John, and I was born in London!” The Lydon corporation re-opens for business...

If John Lydon were playing by the now well-established rules of reunion, 2012 would conceivably have been the year that a reconvened PiL hit the larger venues of the United Kingdom to play through 1981’s seminal Metal Box in its entirety, Lydon’s artistic partnership with guitarist Keith Levene and bassist Jah Wobble rekindled over a large pile of bank notes.

The reality, as you might expect, is rather more challenging. In March, Levene and Wobble embarked on a UK tour playing “Metal Box In Dub”, with added trumpet and one “Johnny Rotter” of tribute band The Sex Pistols Experience occupying the vocal role. Lydon, meanwhile, stands at the helm of a new line-up of PiL – one comprised of guitarist Lu Edmonds and drummer Bruce Smith, both of whom worked on PiL’s rather less celebrated late ‘80s albums Happy? and 9, plus bassist Scott Firth – and has funded a brand new PiL album, the group’s first in two decades not through an advance from a record label, but by a busy schedule of live concerts. This is no fan’s dream scenario – yet, in this respect, at least, it remains pretty much in the spirit of PiL. This is what you want. This is what you get.

For all this, there is something rather enervating about This Is PiL. Without question, this is The John Lydon Show; there are no egos here to grate against one another, the band toiling at long, fairly functional suites of squalling dub-disco atop which Lydon can grouse and gripe, rap in curious cod-patois and declaim society, authority, conformity in his high, whinnying cry. It can often be a bit of a silly business: “We are PiL – and we are quite a-pillling,” he Dad-jokes, on the opening “This Is PiL”. Still, it appears there remain reserves of rage to be tapped here. The following “One Drop” is a piece of gloom-wreathed 2-Tone with lyrics that assert a sort of cosmic anarchy: “We come from chaos/You cannot change us!” The excellent “Deeper Waters” rings with heavy portent, Lydon a castaway lashed by biting salt-water guitars and pushed along on tidal swells of bass, paddling away from the shore lest he be dashed to pieces on the rocks. And on the loping, funky “Human” we find Lydon showing off the extent of his scabrous diction, spitting acid about “ed-you-cay-sheunnnn!” and “po-li-tish-e-unnns!” and lamenting for a lost England with the same forensic eye he once described the aftermath of a murder scene in “Poptones”: “I miss the roses/Those English roses/Of salad, beer and summer’s here/And many mannered ways/Of cotton dresses skipping across the lawn/Of happy faces, when football was not a yawn…”

Cynics will, perhaps rightly, be moved to point out here that Lydon, a Los Angeles dweller for the last two decades, has no real business pontificating on what is good and what is bad about modern Great Britain. Yet This Is PiL seems very much concerned with questions of Englishness, and of heritage. “One Drop” opens with a bellowed “I am John, and I was born in London!” Elsewhere, Lydon’s place of birth, Finsbury Park, is mentioned numerous times (on the zany, “Antmusic”-like “Lollipop Opera” and the driving, Krautrocky “Reggie’s Song”, a rather fantastic flight of fancy concerning a man called Reginald and the garden of Eden). Lydon’s soul-baring is not always so effective – the spoken-word “The Room I Am In” has the feel of a amateur poetry slam, the lumbering “Fool” stretches out to an unwelcome six minutes. Still, though, he seems driven by bile, anger, bitterness and most of all, the need to come to terms with, and to understand his past. Altogether, one feels, this is what makes This Is PiL a compelling listen. It wrestles with contradictions, sets off on seas of despair, spits like a camel and kicks like a mule. It may not be of the calibre of Metal Box, but it finds its maker firmly in 2012, not 1979, and with plenty still to grouse about.

Louis Pattison

Pic credit: Dave Wainright/© Public Image Ltd

Rating: 7 / 10

http://www.uncut.co.uk/public-image-limited-this-is-pil-review

Guest Len B'stard

The EP is called One Drop and it includes a song of the same name, came out a week or so ago, it's a viynl only release but you can get it on itunes too. The albums called This Is PiL and it's coming out on the 28th May ;) You should get the EP man, if you've got an apple anything or itunes or however the fuckin set up goes, it only works out as like...just under 3 quid :)

someone gave me an amazon voucher so I'm downloading from iTunes. my first music purchase ever. i feel like if he had to do a butter commercial he deserves people to buy his stuff. other thing Ibought so far is gary nevilles autobiography. takes u inside 90s football with that little psycho.

It's quality. It's the best sound they've had. It made me think of The Clash which was weird.

I had an ordeal getting it tho. From

Amazon it took a day to dl then I only got 3 tracks so I emailed and they set it up to dl again that took a day. but I burned it to cd and was listening to it drinking a few beers.

I'll definitely check out the album. I doubt it will be better than the Greatest hits but it's new music.

The room I'm in is like a Greg Corsu poem meets Alan Bennet.

Edited by wasted