Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eRomano

Recent downtime due to account suspended

65 posts in this topic

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

hi eric !

I always admired ur efforts for this community and I'm so glad that the forum is back on, at least for now.

Could you please share the monthly average costs of operating this forum ? (maybe in pm)

Gawd forbid you had to dip into your ad revenue when predicted the HOF would bring more traffic, thus more ad revenue. You get revenue ONLY because of GNR.

A way with words

Just a suggestion, why not close the forum on certain quiet times, this might help. Have missed the forum on downtime.

I agree with Eric, why should he have to pay when this place creates so much publicity for the band, they could atleast help with costs.

I agree with Eric, why should he have to pay when this place creates so much publicity for the band, they could atleast help with costs.

You don't want the band anywhere near this site.

Look how it works for Jarmo. He is handsomely taken care of, but only in exchange for gestapo type moderating tactics and no freedom. That is the cost/requirement of getting the band involved, and would kill off the forum the way it has HTGTH.

Why would the band want to help keep this place open? For every hardcore NuBand fan on here that's $30-$50 not going into Axl's pocket from the official forum. :shrugs:

Should have let Subsy take it over last year.

Amen.

This entire situation is a joke, Eric should have sold it to Subsy when he had the chance as obviously the anonymous donor's cash has run out.

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

Donate the board to Jarmo.

Thank God, I Thought It was Just Me...Thanks Eric, Totally appreciate what You Do So That us Mad Guns Addicts Can All Bitch and Moan About every Aspect Of The Band ;-) .....Seriously Though Thanks Ddude, When I next Get paid ill Donate some Moeny For Sure

Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

i,e how much it costs to run the forum per month, what ad revenue you bring in, and therefore how much the shortfall is. Then people just may be able to do something about it. No point just suspending the forum and saying "you're thru with funding it out your own pocket",

Just my 2 cents

LA

You don't want the band anywhere near this site.

Look how it works for Jarmo. He is handsomely taken care of, but only in exchange for gestapo type moderating tactics and no freedom. That is the cost/requirement of getting the band involved, and would kill off the forum the way it has HTGTH.

I totally agree with this. Maybe members could help if we knew more of what the forum needed to keep going.