Recent downtime due to account suspended

eRomano

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Eric, why should he have to pay when this place creates so much publicity for the band, they could atleast help with costs.

You don't want the band anywhere near this site.

Look how it works for Jarmo. He is handsomely taken care of, but only in exchange for gestapo type moderating tactics and no freedom. That is the cost/requirement of getting the band involved, and would kill off the forum the way it has HTGTH.

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

Donate the board to Jarmo.

Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

i,e how much it costs to run the forum per month, what ad revenue you bring in, and therefore how much the shortfall is. Then people just may be able to do something about it. No point just suspending the forum and saying "you're thru with funding it out your own pocket",

Just my 2 cents

LA

I agree with Eric, why should he have to pay when this place creates so much publicity for the band, they could atleast help with costs.

You don't want the band anywhere near this site.

Look how it works for Jarmo. He is handsomely taken care of, but only in exchange for gestapo type moderating tactics and no freedom. That is the cost/requirement of getting the band involved, and would kill off the forum the way it has HTGTH.

I totally agree with this. Maybe members could help if we knew more of what the forum needed to keep going.