Recent downtime due to account suspended

eRomano

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why even bother with this place? Eric posts like 10 times a year total (the only time you can count on him to post is to bitch about not wanting to pay when the server shuts off each April), can't be bothered to fix broken shit like the search, and is clearly not interested in this site or the user base. This is just a repeat of April 2011, and with that I will see you all to bitch about this in 2013~

Guest gunns5

Why even bother with this place? Eric posts like 10 times a year total (the only time you can count on him to post is to bitch about not wanting to pay when the server shuts off each April), can't be bothered to fix broken shit like the search, and is clearly not interested in this site or the user base. This is just a repeat of April 2011, and with that I will see you all to bitch about this in 2013~

Seeya in 2013

df569-cool_face_high_rez.jpg

Stopped reading after you posted "Why even bother with this place?" When you ARE CLEARLY bothering with this place by posting :rolleyes:

The Forum was down for a few days with a mention that the account was suspended. The host company had put the costs up considerably due to recent traffic.

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

I'm currently looking into options for a solution.

PS. To anyone who tried to send me an e-mail, my personnal e-mail was down from saturday Apr 21st to 24th, this is totally unrelated to the Forum being down it was a technical problem on the other hosts part. So any e-mails sent to me in that timeframe should be sent again as it was not delivered.

Please contact me via PM if you wish to exchange pricing info for this forum.

Guest gunns5

I've just reactivated using Google Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum

If you reactivated using google ad revenue, then you aren't really putting up your own money to run the forum, as you can reactivate the forum with google ad revenue, right?

So therefore, as long as the forum exists, you receive revenue from the ads which in turn, allows you to pay the hosting biills.

I'm just trying to make sense of this

Edited by gunns5

Seeya in 2013

df569-cool_face_high_rez.jpg

:rofl-lol:

Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

exactly.

@eric,

Hey listen dude, I know you only charge supporters $5 to take advantage of certain features, but I would be willing to pay more than that...not necessarily for the features all together, but just to support the forum.

i am not talking about buying this forum from you or even special treatment; what i'm saying is, i don't mind throwing a few more dollars to a site i like to post on to help for server cost or whatever.

i'm sure i am not the only poster who feels that way. eric stop beating around the bush and let some us who realize the value of the site help you.

not all of us are 18 with no job or poor....no offense to the youngsters...or the poor.

Should have let Subsy take it over last year.

Might not be too late for that. Call UK Subs!

Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

i,e how much it costs to run the forum per month, what ad revenue you bring in, and therefore how much the shortfall is. Then people just may be able to do something about it. No point just suspending the forum and saying "you're thru with funding it out your own pocket",

Just my 2 cents

LA

Agreed! I think this would help a LOT in gaining understanding and support. Not to mention bring down all the bitching about it.

If you (eric) really are pouring so much money into this (for the record - I'm not implying that you don't), there shouldn't be any problem in explaining it.

Did you build your own mechanical Japanese girlfriend yet?

Edited by username

Eric, could you please explain this? (note this is not my post)

*Gunsguy edit, if another forum admin would like to speak about Eric he can do so on HIS forum or email Eric.

We don't relay messages to other forums to start some bullshit "forum wars"

Edited by gunsguy
another admin knows it all

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

The Google Ad revenue is generated BY the forum. God forbid you would have to dip into your profit margin to keep a fan forum running. A forum that you only ever stop to post on to complain about how it's not making you any money.

Get off the fucking cross Romano.

Guest gunns5

I thought I read somewhere once that GNR pays the hosting fees for another unofficial forum.

universal did for one , not sure if it still does

GG, you're doing a great job on this board and are a cool guy in my book but I would like an honest response from Eric himself.

It's not the first time someone talked about it and I heard a lot of similar stories from people who had nothing to do with eachother, which is kinda strange.